Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep, but with a different calibre of recruits, but thanks for your two cents anyway
Yes, but there's still holes all over the squad and a coach with a poor track record.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Long enough to recognise unrealistic expectations. You?
Long enough to see a few wooden spooners do very well the next year champion. And that’s not suggesting we will be top 4 but simply saying that it’s happened a few times in recent history. You won’t have to flick back too far to find examples. Cheers.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
100% mate my personal thoughts are Dufty is competition for Allan they will duke it out for fullback. BBO looking more like a first grader every week and will pressure Flange and JMK. If nothing else have created a bit more competition for spots because there hasn’t been much of late..
With bbo id like him to be gradually exposed to fg. Eased into it. Now we have some talent incoming, we can afford to start developing players properly again, instead of throwing them in the deep end and them getting them beat up and lowered confidence. Averillo is another player who isn't ready for fulltime fg

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
The Bulldogs will obviously improve next year but I still think they will fall short of the 8 unless they can pick up a number 9 and a halfback. Also from what I’ve seen at Penrith, Matt Burton is a better centre than he is a five eighth. I’m not sold on Pangai Or Vaughan as a signing and Dufty has huge defensive issues. Addo Carr I’d by far the Dogs best signing but he’ll need help.
yeah, what’s the point of a forward and a winger when we’ve got spuds responsible for any ball they get.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Long enough to see a few wooden spooners do very well the next year champion. And that’s not suggesting we will be top 4 but simply saying that it’s happened a few times in recent history. You won’t have to flick back too far to find examples. Cheers.
I was quoting someone who said top 4, chief. Knights picked up a few spoons and have made the 8 once since. Broncs were spooners last year and are battling us for it again this year. By all means, set your expectations high but this forum will be a hilarious read yet again next year

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He speaks quite intelligibly, which contradicts the stupidity of his error.
I was surprised too and also it went for so long. His previous coaches have said he’s not suitable to be in a leadership group so keep it simple and he’ll be fine. It’ll be great to see someone make 150-200m per game.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
We took the spoon in 2008 and should've won the Minor Premiership in 2009 if it wasn't for some corrupt refs denying us against St George where Soward took a massive dive
Yeah you are right - we should have been minor premiers in 2009.

The fuckin' milkman Soward took a dive.

It was that piece of sh!t Bill Harrigan who denied us the winning (and perfectly legitimate) try. He always hated us.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was quoting someone who said top 4, chief. Knights picked up a few spoons and have made the 8 once since. Broncs were spooners last year and are battling us for it again this year. By all means, set your expectations high but this forum will be a hilarious read yet again next year
So we sit in pessimism like boofheads like you.
Team rebuilding much like 1984 but you know better.
Tell us why.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
did Dufty even have 1 club besides us that wanted him? Raiders went off him. Vaughan wasn't linked to 1 other club.
i personally would have gone ten percent less an got vaughan for 2, by year 2 we would cash in on that value

either way not the worst thing

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
its possible with a quality hooker an half if we have room for both, ad a smart depth signing that excels
Absolutely possible. There’s every chance it happens. My point is that throwing a bunch of new recruits into a new team and expecting instant success usually ends in tears, but happy to be proven wrong.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So we sit in pessimism like boofheads like you.
Team rebuilding much like 1984 but you know better.
Tell us why.
Not pessimism. Realism. And it’s not lacking in hope that we kill it next year. It’s understanding that there’ll likely be teething issues as combinations build with new recruits in a new team. Happy to be proven wrong.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he did was stupid but it was blown way out through the media as his punishment was way over the top as it was more the Dragons taking the opportunity to release a player who they signed on ridiculous money and it took a BBQ during Covid Lockdown to offload him. If he'd been on half that money he'd still be with the Saints.

Now we pick up a representative player on a one year contract who is keen to prove himself.

Welcome To The Kennel Vaughny.