Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have quickly built a solid group of meatheads now. Tbaz and Gus are going to have their work cut out getting them to play to their potential and keeping them on the straight and narrow. It’s really a 50/50 if this will all work for mine.
Mason, Omeley, Matua,
all regarded as meat heads. im looking forward to having those types of guys in the Team again.

I do agree with you it is 50/50 If they go Full Elliot type of meat Head . im hoping this does not happen.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really happy with that. Can't fault how the club has gone about their recruitment this year for 2022. The most important element we're missing now is experience in the spine. Feel like that was they key reason we bounced back so well in 2009 via Ennis & Kimmorley. The only player who really fits that bill that is off contract is Mitchell Pearce. Always hated him but given his big game experience may be worth the punt for a 2 year deal I reckon. A hooker would also be nice but I don't expect the club to tick every single box for 2022 (though would be great if they did).

Here's the order of faith I have in the new recruits: JAC, Burton, Vaughan, TPJ, Naden and then Dufty. Dufty's defense is horrible so that worries me and TPJ is a bit lower than the rest given his inconsistency though I reckon he has the biggest upside.
Pearce isn’t off contract until end of next year.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree thommo is not a battering ram but his speed and acceleration through the middle is a real point of difference. Thought he was well suited at lock. Might have to reluctantly throw Jacko back on an edge just for defence.

8 Vaughn
10 Ava
11 TPJ
12 Jacko
13 Thommo

Can use TPJ in the middle but then we have no real attack on the edge.
I don’t think Ava is a starting prop.. he didn’t impress me on the weekend.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Okay everyone Brady k has spoken, we’re not making the 8 now…. If Brady k says so
People have said the same thing for the last 2 years. We're the wooden spoon team ffs. You can be over optimistic if you want I guess. Since I've been on the forums you've had a new favourite player from our recruitment/signings and ditched them/flipped to another after 3 months. With our club it's better to be realistic/have low expectations then think we're going to get the best case scenario. I feel like that's something everyone (especially you) should of learned by now.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Paul Vaughan Press Conference

This is a great win for our club. I mean normally I would be quite hesitant to sign someone who has been sacked, but his reason for being sacked is just he is a dumbass not that he is an inherently bad person or shit player.

It has actually worked out super bad for the Dragons. It is nice we get to benefit in one of these situations for once.

He is coming cheap, is a great player, and we don't even cop the suspension. Next year is looking so much brighter than this year.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We just need one more forward to cover for when Hypethrington gets suspended.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t believe there are some people who think signing Vaughan and Dufty to 1 year deals isn’t good business. Unless the player is elite all clubs would love to sign players to 1 year deals. It doesn’t happen often because of the player, not the club.

In this instance both of these guys had very few other options so we could get away with 1 year deals.
It means we have paid them slightly more though

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It means we have paid them slightly more though
did Dufty even have 1 club besides us that wanted him? Raiders went off him. Vaughan wasn't linked to 1 other club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Really happy with that. Can't fault how the club has gone about their recruitment this year for 2022. The most important element we're missing now is experience in the spine. Feel like that was they key reason we bounced back so well in 2009 via Ennis & Kimmorley. The only player who really fits that bill that is off contract is Mitchell Pearce. Always hated him but given his big game experience may be worth the punt for a 2 year deal I reckon. A hooker would also be nice but I don't expect the club to tick every single box for 2022 (though would be great if they did).

Here's the order of faith I have in the new recruits: JAC, Burton, Vaughan, TPJ, Naden and then Dufty. Dufty's defense is horrible so that worries me and TPJ is a bit lower than the rest given his inconsistency though I reckon he has the biggest upside.
He’s on contract

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
did Dufty even have 1 club besides us that wanted him? Raiders went off him. Vaughan wasn't linked to 1 other club.
Wonder if there’s good reason for that.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Everyone is going to Jizz next year when Dufty grabs the offloads from the forwards only to either finish off himself aka "The general" OR pass it to JAC for the try!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Bulldogs will obviously improve next year but I still think they will fall short of the 8 unless they can pick up a number 9 and a halfback. Also from what I’ve seen at Penrith, Matt Burton is a better centre than he is a five eighth. I’m not sold on Pangai Or Vaughan as a signing and Dufty has huge defensive issues. Addo Carr I’d by far the Dogs best signing but he’ll need help.
It is understandable that many might think Burton is best as a centre, it is where they have seen him play most of the season. But he is a half.

I think Burton will have some poor games in the halves in his first season or two, but ultimately it is his best position, so long as the club is patient and put the right people and systems around him, he will be key to our success.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're not making the 8 (it's unlikely and unrealistic to say) with our current roster for 22. We still need a quality hooker and we need to sort out that halfback position.
LOL!!! You’ll be eating your words. We’ll be a mid table team challenging for the 8. If we get a quality hooker and a halfback on top of the players we’ve bought already it will make us a top 4 side. Go have a cold shower mate!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
LOL!!! You’ll be eating your words. We’ll be a mid table team challenging for the 8. If we get a quality hooker and a halfback on top of the players we’ve bought already it will make us a top 4 side. Go have a cold shower mate!
People said the same about this season :tearsofjoy: