Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all seriousness I'm really concerned about all our recruits, literally every recruit other than Burton has had some off field bs lol. If Gus has to do Baz's job then it will only get worse.
Yeh true, unfortunately the rumours about that "stand over" man Willis Meehan coming to us have died otherwise we would nearly have the full set :laughing:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jackson is wasted on an edge in attack. Incapable of making a tackle break, linebreak or offload. We're better off with TPJ or even Thompson (leg speed) on an edge. Jackson is needed in the middle also to help bring down the bigger opposition middles. Would be good to have 2 big body threats on both sides of the field in TPJ and RFM for Burton to use at his will.

I'd go
8 Vaughan
10 Thompson
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Jackson
Thats the pack for sure,tpj will be so destructive on the left edge

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In all seriousness I'm really concerned about all our recruits, literally every recruit other than Burton has had some off field bs lol. If Gus has to do Baz's job then it will only get worse.
Whats JAC done ?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I keep hearing this but honestly I can’t see how it wouldn’t just be a straight answer.

Why would this take weeks to make a decision on how he is to serve his suspension?
Seems ridiculous to me.
Coz its the NRLol! Fucking useless organisation!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is wasted on an edge in attack. Incapable of making a tackle break, linebreak or offload. We're better off with TPJ or even Thompson (leg speed) on an edge. Jackson is needed in the middle also to help bring down the bigger opposition middles. Would be good to have 2 big body threats on both sides of the field in TPJ and RFM for Burton to use at his will.

I'd go
8 Vaughan
10 Thompson
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Jackson
Not a bad pack IMO, we have some great edge Forwards but not enough middle ones,
After the Sharks game its obvious that Thompson is far better suited on the edge also.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd go
8 Vaughan
10 Thompson
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Jackson
Not a bad pack IMO, we have some great edge Forwards but not enough middle ones,
After the Sharks game its obvious that Thompson is far better suited on the edge also.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 year contracts for Dufty and Vaughn, i thought they said no bandaid solutions?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 year contracts for Dufty and Vaughn, i thought they said no bandaid solutions?
I think you got to take what they say in the press with a grain of salt. Put yourself in their shoes and think would you prefer to roll out Atoni/Ogden again or would you mitigate risk for the club and take a punt on some guys that are without a doubt challenges but have a poor off field track record? We obviously don't want to invest heavily in Paul Vaughan and then miss out on the next Payne Haas in 1-2 years time.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To me it’s smart.

Both could kill it and demand extensions and a lot more $ (suits them)

Both could fail/fuck up and we are safe and $ to go for someone next year that we eyeing. Hopefully jr Paulo maybe papn lol.

Though either way the win for me is these two should at least help with the others get us to a competing top 8 team. It’s been the best part of a decade we haven’t been.

Dufty no doubt on similar money tonmeaney is a huge win.

Vaughan on close to half of Napa’s and offers 3-4x more.

Plus both with a point to prove could be huge.

If nothing else dufty and Jacs speed is a massive win to watch.

Blokes like Pangai and Vaughan will be the first real help Thompson has had of a big body outside Ava to do anything.

Elliott jacko won’t be bartering rams with that. Should help there game.

Hetho benched with Ava and either rfm or Elliott helps too for what we have to use.

Not to mention a fit rfm for once would be Fucking nice.

Cotric naden jac dufty and burton is the most exciting backline we have had since barba and jmoz in 09.

I am worried with 9 and who partners burton.

Flanagan needs to fine something. Avo needs a kicking game as it’s terrible. Maybe as a second option it changes with burton doing most.

Bbo looks a keeper and could be a half option for burton with avo maybe a centre partner to Naden if schoups defence doesn’t improve or alomiti isn’t ready.

Though 9 is a worry. Especially if Bellamy keeps Brandon.

Regardless it’s great to see our backline and pack look solid enough to compete top 8 wise.

It’s what bbo develops to and how we fill that last glaring weakness .

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its not a bandaid.
its smart management.

similar situation as putting a casual worker on for 12 months before making them permanent.
You are absolutely spot on, imagine if they where signed for 2 or 3 years each but fail to preform, we will never stop hearing the moaning & whinging !

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also means they are playing for there future so every game will matter for them if it’s for us or someone else .
I’d say the club would have told them they have every intention to extend their contracts but do need to prove themselves beyond a doubt.
It‘s a smart move by our management considering all the circumstances.
The last thing we need is trying to off load more players with let’s say a checkered history.