Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good analogy mate :-).
I’m just not sure on Vaughan.
Good footy player and I guess that’s what we have to look at but culture wise it’s a worry.
Gus wouldn’t take any nonsense though.
Maybe the hefty penalty he’s paid for his stupidity (not just the BBQ) brings him crashing back down to earth.
Hopefully he pulls his finger out to prove his worth. Problem is he's now on the wrong side of 30.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
i must admit I have been frustrated with Jackson the past 3-4 years but this year UNDER Barrett he has improved
Has he improved?
Or is he just in a role that hides his attacking deficiencies and maximises defence?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i agree with you but i wouldnt base it on the 3-2-1 posts from some of the uneducated people on here lol.
Jackson is being played for too many minutes, like most players, particularly forwards, once fatigue hits they have little too offer. He is not the player he was but with less minutes n quality around him he will be much better.(I hope)

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh god Not Elliot.
Keep him away from Vaugahns missus.

On a serious note.
I hope you are serious about Elliot. The dude has the ability to be a true Cult hero for the dogs. His head just gets in the way at times and he does stupid shit that undoes the good things he has just done.
When you say his head gets in the way you are referring to his dick right?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
33BDA257-35EF-4014-9D44-7CB108DAE655.png
Vaughans tackle percentage and run metres are very impressive, he averages more than Thommo who is top class. Im not saying hes better than Thommo but for 350k and with the addition of TPJ it d be real exciting times for us fans! If he signs, we d just need a proper 9!

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is being played for too many minutes, like most players, particularly forwards, once fatigue hits they have little too offer. He is not the player he was but with less minutes n quality around him he will be much better.(I hope)
He doesn’t get a break and he needs one. Bloke is tackling himself to the ground! Needs a breather in second half then come back on for end of game!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
No idea what's taking so long. The NRL took ages to make a determination but they answered it last week?????

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it’s pretty odd everyone Journos included are already under the impression he has signed with us. I hope it’s done and how they are all carrying on I think it’s the worst kept secret that he has already signed.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I heard from a friend that he had an incident with a photographer recently which the club was nervous about but wouldn’t stop them going after him, we’ve just held off doing anything, as he needed time out from everything to clear his head .. he’s going through a bit, but the club is still interested in him!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I heard from a friend that he had an incident with a photographer recently which the club was nervous about but wouldn’t stop them going after him, we’ve just held off doing anything, as he needed time out from everything to clear his head .. he’s going through a bit, but the club is still interested in him!
Yeah there was a post about it. Went for coffee and saw the journalist that invaded his privacy. Called him a weasel or something and the journalist whinged to the NRL. Nothing IMO.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
No idea what's taking so long. The NRL took ages to make a determination but they answered it last week?????
Maybe the Club is worried about a possible public backlash with the current covid situation? He is perceived as not giving a shit about the restrictions. An announcement after the lockdown may play out better?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Maybe the Club is worried about a possible public backlash with the current covid situation? He is perceived as not giving a shit about the restrictions. An announcement after the lockdown may play out better?
Which lockdown?

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if they sign him now they have to pay him whilst suspended, makes no sense to do that as i becomes part of this years cap, may as well wait until Nov 21 then sign him for a start in pre season.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My feeling is he has already committed to the dogs for next year and we are waiting out the 8 weeks to announce it, so we don’t have to pay anything in the meantime and also the dust will have settled from his indiscretion by then. I think he’s already served 2weeks of the penalty.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if they sign him now they have to pay him whilst suspended, makes no sense to do that as i becomes part of this years cap, may as well wait until Nov 21 then sign him for a start in pre season.
They can still sign him up for next year and announce it now before another clup swoops in last minute.