Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Can’t we sign Vaughan for the rest of this year on a match payment contract (so we pay nothing for him but he is still contracted and therefore he serves his suspension) and then sign him to a proper contract next year as a reward for his “commitment to training” and “enthusiasm”.

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Since his 8 week suspension was handed to him before he was sacked, his sacking should wipe that suspension out because that in itself is a massive punishment. I can understand if NRL won't let anyone sign him for the rest of this year but surely he should be free to sign anywhere for next year without his new club having to worry about a 8 week suspension. He's copped a big punishment as it is.

If the NRL saw that logic then he should be free to train with us from now if we can get him signed for next year.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he was to agree to sign next year for 400 can the club sign him for this year for 150, if cap allows, and then only pay him 250 next year. Means more is available for next year n Vaughn gets his money spread over 18 months.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was to agree to sign next year for 400 can the club sign him for this year for 150, if cap allows, and then only pay him 250 next year. Means more is available for next year n Vaughn gets his money spread over 18 months.
Don’t think that would change anything same amount coming out of the cap. We can just front load someone else I guess

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t think that would change anything sam’s amount coming out of the cap. We can just front load someone else I guess
If it could be done it would mean only 250 comes out of the cap next year instead of 400 freeing up 150 to use elsewhere.

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was Thinking abought Vaugahn abd his BBQ.
I reckon once he gets a few Kebabs from Doorey he wont be bothered by the evil BBQ itch ever again.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
apparently Nrl signed off on Vaughn serving his suspension whether contracted on not this year, will be free to play 1st round next year.