News Paul Vaughan Podcast

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Summary:

Big year coming with a lot to prove. Sad to be leaving Saints but upon reflection can do with a new start. Has been training and working on a preseason program this whole time, but nothing compares to training with the boys. Up at 5am doing a preseason running program we have sent him. Then has a home gym and doing work in his home gym. Dealing with the drama. Embarrassed and so much media lies and no repercussions to the media for all the lies they spread. Takes ownership for the situation though. Mates and family have supported him the whole time. Mentions how he’s played with a lot of the players (Cotric and TPJ in Canberra, Dufty, Naden). Will be doing the hour commute each day for training etc. David Furner was the coach that gave him his NRL debut. Keen to see JAC in the open field. Daniel Alvaro is the best bloke he’s played with. Really nice guy off the field. Did a Cancun boys trip with the Raiders in 2015. Didn’t have his passport and came late to the trip. Sounds like it was wild. Talks about staring down and taking things head on. Stay positive and likes to keep everyone happy.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I didn’t think the rule he broke was that bad but more just the fact he broke a rule if that makes sense. He really copped the shit end of the stick for that whole incident and glad he is with us. Sometimes things like that makes blokes like this wake up and realise they can be irrelevant from one stuff up.

Stoked he is a bulldog next year. The 90 min commute would screw with me. Surely Baz, Vaughan and Dufty carpool most days?? Haha

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'll be very good for us with his offloads and footwork.
Thompson will love playing along side him they're very similar in playing style. Except Thompson needs to work on his offloads more and effectively.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thompson will love playing along side him they're very similar in playing style. Except Thompson needs to work on his offloads more and effectively.
There was never anyone for Thompson to offload to. Hope that is all changing next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Vaughan barely offloads, had 4 this year and barely any in previous years from memory.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why? Because I highlighted the fact that Vaughan doesn't offload? I know you dumb ***** love be deep throating new signings.
Nah its just the fact u looked that up. Really that desperate to prove others wrong when they make a small misjudgment. What a life!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t think the rule he broke was that bad but more just the fact he broke a rule if that makes sense. He really copped the shit end of the stick for that whole incident and glad he is with us. Sometimes things like that makes blokes like this wake up and realise they can be irrelevant from one stuff up
It's more than "he just broke a rule", he encouraged a dozen of his teams mates to also break the rules, that's the deal breaker.

Always a Bulldog

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's more than "he just broke a rule", he encouraged a dozen of his teams mates to also break the rules, that's the deal breaker.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah I get that he broke a rule, but keep in mind these guys are under the strictest of protocols which in a way almost in theory they are living under the same household.

Not the smartest move from him but I've seen people on here compare him to Elliott in terms of a repeat offender. Vaughan's incidents are more a bit selfish as opposed to bringing the club into serious disrepute by not being able to keep it in his pants.

If you can take a positive out of that incident, once these restrictions ease imagine what a guy like Vaughan will do for bringing the team together. No disrespect to Jacko, he leads in other ways but he doesn't seem like the type of guy (pre lockdown) to foster building comradery amongst the team. He's a quiet achiever and maybe the "lead by example" type leader isn't the most effective for this playing group.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They’re adults they made their own decisions
In law it is called "incitement" and even if the players decided not to attend, Vaughan would still be guilty of inciting them to break the rules. Regardless if, on the day, they decided to not break the rules and stay away. Also because of his leadership position he could also be seen to be guilty of "authorising" them to break the rules. That's why the NRL felt justified in throwing the book at him.

Hopefully he has learnt his lesson, because on the field with his experience he is a good acquisition for us.

Always a Bulldog