Official Paul Vaughan off to ESL in 2023

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vaughan is one who i would not have minded if they extended him. He puts in and is good value for money
Gutted he is leaving... Even though he has signed off he still put in like he was trying to earn a contract.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate ava s way more than Vaughan . He is so underrated.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughn tried hard but he's getting on now and for the money he was on we can do a LOT better by parting ways with him.

Yes he takes the line on and has been solid in defence but that alone doesn't win you games these days. We need younger, faster ball playing props that can break the line more than Vaughn does.

If we'd have got him after he left Canberra then he would've been a great buy long term but certainly not now.

Great result for both parties.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Will replace him with Jayden tanner and Hetherington out for Morrin. Will save some cash for resigning people like rfm and topine

Malla

Reaction score
Next year hopefully Patolo is ready to step up and start in the front row.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not just the fact he's a solid prop, we have a leadership and experience deficit - Vaughan helps improve that. I'm still holding onto hope, probably in vain, that he backflips and gets an extension here.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's not just the fact he's a solid prop, we have a leadership and experience deficit - Vaughan helps improve that. I'm still holding onto hope, probably in vain, that he backflips and gets an extension here.
I think we prioritised Sutton over him.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think rfm will help fill that hole now he's back.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think rfm will help fill that hole now he's back.
Yeah he'll help, but in a team that will have almost an entire backline below 100 games it's just about getting the experience in somehow imo.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imo our most consistent forward by a mile, great defender, who cares about the bird.
Treated harshly by the media imo.
Good luck to him, shame to see him go.
Offers more than sutton
Spot on, anyone knocking him needs to put the goonbag down :grinning:
Idk about the contract offered there and maybe or likely did get 2 years but it wouldn't be a huge amount more $$ wise what would/could we have offered? 350??

As a few others have said for a while and i agree Sutton is or could be bog average and is nearly 10kg lighter, so if someone doesn't burst on the scene(Patolo's concussions are starting to become potentially a big problem I hope not)we could be short one genuine top quality prop rotation.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on, anyone knocking him needs to put the goonbag down :grinning:
Idk about the contract offered there and maybe or likely did get 2 years but it wouldn't be a huge amount more $$ wise what would/could we have offered? 350??

As a few others have said for a while and i agree Sutton is or could be bog average and is nearly 10kg lighter, so if someone doesn't burst on the scene(Patolo's concussions are starting to become potentially a big problem I hope not)we could be short one genuine top quality prop rotation.
100% this. We are definitely one Quality Prop short for next year. I can only assume the club has plans for another prop addition.

Vaughan has been consistently solid all season. To not be offered a new deal and allowed to just walk out the door is a head scratcher.