Official Paul Vaughan off to ESL in 2023

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No dickhead policy is needed , can't fault his play I tip the hat to him , but not a good look when no other team in the nrl wants him,
He threw a BBQ wingnut.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pity... after years of cream puffs in our forward pack, Vaughan was a welcome change... but since he only signed for one year on a reduced contract after getting sacked by the Dragons, hard to expect him to pass on a big money deal in England

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has been playing decently, I'd hate to see how we would have gone this year without him. Basically the only forward at times making over 100m.

Unless he's a marquee signing in SL he's not getting mega bucks, their whole cap is around $1.6 million pounds.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has been playing decently, I'd hate to see how we would have gone this year without him. Basically the only forward at times making over 100m.

Unless he's a marquee signing in SL he's not getting mega bucks, their whole cap is around $1.6 million pounds.
Hes taken what he can get it seems. fuck hes bled some cash and potential cash the last few years

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt that. The salary cap in England is 2.1M pounds ($3.654 at today's rate).
We were only paying him 300k or so. He was on about 500-600k at Saints and could probably get close to that in England. Which is why he's heading to the ESL as NRL clubs obviously were offering substantially less.. Otherwise he would have stayed..

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We were only paying him 300k or so. He was on about 500-600k at Saints and could probably get close to that in England. Which is why he's heading to the ESL as NRL clubs obviously were offering substantially less.. Otherwise he would have stayed..
The $3.654M has to be divided among 30 players - just like us! There is a loophole that allows a super league club to nominate two players as "marquee" and their money isn't counted in the cap. This is not for the likes of Vaughan though (no disrespect intended). It is for up-and-comers like Jai Field and Jack Welsby, so that, when the NRL come calling, their super league clubs can make realistic counter offers.

Paul has been good for us this year but he is not quite the player he was four or five years ago. Next season he will be a year older and a year slower. He will get an easier run in super league. Best of luck to him.

BTW - if any of you are on Kayo, you can watch the English second division game between Leigh and Featherstone. An old Dogs favorite, Krisnan Inu is going round for Leigh. He looks like somebody's grandfather has wandered on to the pitch but he is still playing well.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW - if any of you are on Kayo, you can watch the English second division game between Leigh and Featherstone. An old Dogs favorite, Krisnan Inu is going round for Leigh. He looks like somebody's grandfather has wandered on to the pitch but he is still playing well.
One of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet too.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And he still flashes that lovely smile just before he takes a conversion.
Have had heaps of time for him, so generous. I remember one day and he would have been first year at the Dogs was walking to my car had my mum with me and she was struggling to get in and he physically got my mum in. Just these small things I remember, he didn't have to. All through these years it was Krisnan my mum remembered the most when he left saw how much it hurt. Luckily was able to take mum over a nd see him play over in England (before the pandemic)

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day you need to look out for your life after footy, it’s safe to say he won’t be going for any media type role with his dislike of journos.
Has a family and deserves that final big pay cheque from super league.

Reactions: DT

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was excellent on Monday. This does raise the likelihood that we will see more of Tsikrikas, or will see the debuts of someone like Makatoa or Tanner later this season or in the new season.