Paul Kent - Players Can't Have It Both Ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been blown out of all proportion by the press because their objective is to create hysteria ans sell their product. Their articles are 100% biassed towards whatever particular slant they want to place on the subject matter. Let look at current issues in Rugby league shall we;

1 out of 10 on a scale of "who gives a shit is the bulldogs Mad Monday
8 out of 10 is the state of refereeing in the game. In our game alone we had a player whose foot was out and no call & a defensive player who was taken out for the offensive player to stroll over for a try with the video refere saying it was all good. LOL all is not good in refereeing. No one is square, no one retreats 1o meters, players flip like fish, dive at the ground, play the ball sideways, walk off the mark, dont play the ball properly and priposely create obstacles in the ruck and refs randomly choose penalties but dont consistently apply it throughout same game. It is a fucking HUGE issue yet we didnt here shit about the weekend because our team was expected to lose.
10 out of 10. Salary cap cheating. Parramatta, Cronulla, Broncos, Souths and the king of cheats Sydney Rorters have rosters that are no way in hell salary cap compliant. Blind fucking freddie can seee it yet not a peep from our esteemed press about the fucking stench that is the salary cap.
Buz & Beattie & Kent can all get fucked

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one is square, no one retreats 1o meters, players flip like fish, dive at the ground, play the ball sideways, walk off the mark, dont play the ball properly and priposely create obstacles in the ruck and refs randomly choose penalties but dont consistently apply it throughout same game.
Absolutely spot on, the ruck is an absolute fucking mess ATM and the randomness of penalties vs. errors called by the officials only adds to the confusion.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he not a role model aswell then ? He accepts money from his media organisation that reports on the game... if the game didn't exist then nrl 360 doesn't, he wouldn't have an avenue to write such pieces. Fact is he shouldn't be able to have it both ways...
This article has no credibility due to his actions towards his first point of reference
That doesnt make sense.
NRL 360 has sponsors. The companies that sponsor NRL 360 would like a certain conduct from the show and its hosts to help aid there product with the hope of promotinh its product.
Lets say Kent and Ikin all of a sudden started to praise Nazism or started being racist or something like that.
This would be visible and people watching the show woudl be appalled. When such people want to buy a product that is associated with the show will think twice about buying it.
NRL players wether they like it or not are indirect employees of all these companies and there actions are visible and have an impact on sales of the products of these companies.
You accept the money then you have to be willing to accept the responsibility that comes with it.
If Nike sponsor player X and player X is say a racist, quickly, Nikes sales will be impacted by it because consumers do not want to be associated with such people.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
On NRL they all have glasses of supposidely water.

I bet it's actually straight metho.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter Beattie couldnt tell the difference between a Newcatle knights jersey & a Barcelona jersey, Or what the Cronulla RL club's logo/ name was, yet he's embarrassed?
Greenberg is a cheat with backpocketed referees under his payroll, fixing matches. No wonder Chechin (the best referee in the game) wants to leave the NRL.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Nah Paul and Buzz are right. We should be upstanding citizens and setting an example - you know, like their boy Fafita who enjoys punching on with refs at kids' footy games. Now there's a role model we can all admire.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah Paul and Buzz are right. We should be upstanding citizens and setting an example - you know, like their boy Fafita who enjoys punching on with refs at kids' footy games. Now there's a role model we can all admire.
Also dont forget Damien Keough & his Coke stuck down his back pockets, Or Mr Peptide himself Paul Gallen.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen the view from the verandah? Its in full view of the public, they are fukn stupid for acting like dickheads there and deserve the embarrassment. I feel sorry for Montoya though, kid didn't do much wrong besides not being able to hold his drink and considering he does plenty of work with kids and schools as a teachers aid this shit is pretty defaming...

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen the view from the verandah? Its in full view of the public, they are fukn stupid for acting like dickheads there and deserve the embarrassment. I feel sorry for Montoya though, kid didn't do much wrong besides not being able to hold his drink and considering he does plenty of work with kids and schools as a teachers aid this shit is pretty defaming...
Listen BUZZ (KLil), get off our forums with your secret member accounts.
Your not fooling anyone anymore.
Lighten up.

Raza50

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldog, if you truly wish to pretend, their behaviour is acceptable, then lets drop the
“Family Club” lingo, and project our club as equal to the other clubs in the competition.
The trouble with this is we have in the past proven to our supporters we cant be trusted to protect our Culture, unless you are of the opinion we don’t have one.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listen BUZZ (KLil), get off our forums with your secret member accounts.
Your not fooling anyone anymore.
Lighten up.
Im sorry I forgot some love the sight of naked young men.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Bulldog, if you truly wish to pretend, their behaviour is acceptable, then lets drop the
“Family Club” lingo, and project our club as equal to the other clubs in the competition.
The trouble with this is we have in the past proven to our supporters we cant be trusted to protect our Culture, unless you are of the opinion we don’t have one.
Nothing says family more than a piss up, karoake and nudity..we truly are the family club!!

Mr Potato

New Pup
Reaction score
Sad bitter man that Buzz! Every single club from Premiership winners to Wooden Spooners is a valuable asset to the NRL. I don't understand why Greenburg doesn't make the slightest effort to protect NRL assets?? Smacking your kid while down does more damage if anything. All Im saying sure the NRL may not be happy with what happened but make an effort to protect all our clubs when the media decides to turn on a club. I don't get the nude thing either... but honestly who cares!!! I bet people have seen far worse things at MardiGrass in full street view of the public.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a pretty simple bush boy who looks at things pretty black and white. The only victums in this is our players. Who is the sick mother fucker sneaking around trying to get photos of naked men. 50 years ago we would hang a dirty creep of a mother fucker like that. And make slaves of the rest of the fuckers that publish it all over our tvs and news papers for our children to see, poor players did nothing wrong.we need to get these fuck heads running our game a comfy job at maccas. Greenburg would still be a fucking nobody if he never used our clubs money to promote himself. Fucking big noting silver spoon fed dog. Put a bullet in the ****.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad bitter man that Buzz! Every single club from Premiership winners to Wooden Spooners is a valuable asset to the NRL. I don't understand why Greenburg doesn't make the slightest effort to protect NRL assets?? Smacking your kid while down does more damage if anything. All Im saying sure the NRL may not be happy with what happened but make an effort to protect all our clubs when the media decides to turn on a club. I don't get the nude thing either... but honestly who cares!!! I bet people have seen far worse things at MardiGrass in full street view of the public.
We have nude fucking beaches, i dont see what the problem is. Australia must be a boring hole hey bud if adam elliots white arse is front page news.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Players can't have it both ways but your mates in the media can?

I can't remember how many times Kent and his mates have laid the boots into the NRL heirachy this season for a million reasons including poor scheduling, poor officiating; things that we see on the field in public every weekend and they get on their high horses over this because one of their colleagues uses his privilege as a journalist to write a story and publish photos that were obtained from a private function that NO ONE from the public was really aware of nor saw. They are the ones who need to answer the questions as to why they have bought the game into disrepute and inflicted upon women and children, on the front page of the paper, vision of a naked man whom I repeat was not seen by the general public UNTIL those photos were published. Those said photos were taken without his knowledge and permission. There are laws that prevent cameras on beaches and at pools etc to protect privacy and one would consider a private function to also be a place where privacy should be respected.
We have tried the lock away method of celebrating and on that occasion the media also invaded our clubs privacy with the use of drones and telescopic lenses then had the hide to whinge and complain when on of the players flipped the bird and uttered an expletive. That expletive captured by a microphone.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spare me.

The clubs sell merchandise & the NRL take a % of it, so it works both ways.

If people say the players are role models, the world is fucked.

A role model to me, it someone like your Dad, Mum etc.

The NRL sell the rights to the game to the highest bidder, yet keep most of the money & the clubs/players get diddly squat.

Without the players/clubs there would be no NRL etc.
Brilliant post . The NRL also takes ALL gate receipts from the finals series once it goes past the first weeks and also from Tests etc. Of course they want a sell out for the finals and want nothing to detract from it but during the season they don't give a shit because it is the clubs that suffer from poor attendances. Never see a GF on a Thursday night or at 6pm on a Friday......

Status
Not open for further replies.