Paul Kent: Dean Pay walked out on the Bulldogs with his dignity

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The truth is being divided we allowed the scum of the earth News Ltd to make our lives difficult it's their revenge for us suing them for loss of revenues after the supper league war then later refusing to sign Souths extinction papers.
Enemy you want...Enemy you have !!!
Ever since, we've become a target for destruction, no mater what we do they will always look for a negative to write about us, little those knuckle heads know by hurting clubs like Canterbury they are destroying rugby league.
Just look at the state of the game now...It's a shambles !!!
News Ltd and Nine TV networks wants to rule over rugby league even if it becomes a rubble :rage:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kent is a **** !!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Bring whichever coach into this situation and we really wouldn’t be doing much better.

The roster we have is absolute rubbish, barring 3-4 players none of these blokes would walk into any other teams 17.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow media is making our club sound really bad, there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel just seems to get worse.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul c*** just said on NRL 360 that one of the board members called the cops on another board member during the week surely its the c**t talking shit

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay leaving either way (club or self-imposed) had to happen.

I’m not into kicking a bloke whilst he is down, but unfortunately, he cannot attract talent, he’s void of ideas and his vision on team selections/rotations were poor.

when the club turns itself around next year, it will be interesting how they view it.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we start winning games they’re going be fuming...the hatred going to be spewing out of Kunnt

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay may be a likable bloke but he didn't cut it as a first grade coach - his qualities as coach made it difficult to attract good players and he presented poorly in the media. He was not and is not a club legend (DNA shit) - he left to play for Parramatta!

He wasn't sacked - he wasn't given another contract for 2021 and decided to leave.

There is never a "nice" time to tell someone their services will not be required - id love the media myths to state what the club should have done - waited till November, re signed him for another extension,

Dakdah

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Walks away with dignity? Paul McGregor was asked about quitting a month ago and he was insulted saying “I’m not a quitter”. Dean Pay is a quitter. Let’s not forget he quit the dogs as a player during super league war so it appears he has form

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if true, which board member is leaking this to the media? Or is it the coppers leaking this info?
Paul c*** just said on NRL 360 that one of the board members called the cops on another board member during the week surely its the c**t talking shit

Malla

Reaction score
What dignity? He is a shit coach. He can keep his dignity if that helps him sleep at night lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What dignity? He is a shit coach. He can keep his dignity if that helps him sleep at night lol
I'm just glad our players can't walk out when they realise they aren't getting re-signed...then get the rest of their years salary paid out as well.

Tolman, Holland, Foran? Montoya, Cogger, Sue, Tass, Elliott? all could walk out now with their dignity.

No the players, unlike the inept coach, have stayed on to fulfill their contracts and not walked out on the fans, team and club....pfffttt.

Malla

Reaction score
I'm just glad our players can't walk out when they realise they aren't getting re-signed...then get the rest of their years salary paid out as well.

Tolman, Holland, Foran? Montoya, Cogger, Sue, Tass, Elliott? all could walk out now with their dignity.

No the players, unlike the inept coach, have stayed on to fulfill their contracts and not walked out on the fans, team and club....pfffttt.
Pay saw that he had an opportunity to walk out and come across as hard done by and look like the victim in all this. Protect his brand.

Seriously - he has had a full 3 years - nobody said we wanted to be premiership contenders, we knew we were going to struggle, all we wanted to competitiveness, improvement, better junior development. These are things that he promised and none of it happened. He had no foresight or plan for the future and he was found out.

Lets not forget what happened at mad monday a couple years ago. He was egging on the players to strip naked. Instead of showing leadership and awareness. This probably typifies who he is as a coach. Nobody had respect for him or what he had to offer as a coach.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pay saw that he had an opportunity to walk out and come across as hard done by and look like the victim in all this. Protect his brand.

Seriously - he has had a full 3 years - nobody said we wanted to be premiership contenders, we knew we were going to struggle, all we wanted to competitiveness, improvement, better junior development. These are things that he promised and none of it happened. He had no foresight or plan for the future and he was found out.

Lets not forget what happened at mad monday a couple years ago. He was egging on the players to strip naked. Instead of showing leadership and awareness. This probably typifies who he is as a coach. Nobody had respect for him or what he had to offer as a coach.
I honestly wont judge on Mad Monday.

It was a private function and in the inebriated celebrations and private confines of a private party, everybody was letting their hair down (so to speak). Cat calling and carrying on like dills. It happens. I'd hate to tell about hens nights I've attended.

It should have been more secure with more security. Why they cant have it in one of our leagues club function rooms I wouldn't know.

I think MM was old school CB Bulldogs and now everyone should have learnt theres cameras, wowsers, media everywhere....even hens nights are dull now ;)

But yeah I agree Dean Pay got a fair enough go and should have known about the players needing to go like Woods, Mbye etc.

He was a poor coach who couldnt pick a team or bring out the best in players and not up to scratch for 2020 footy IMO.

Malla

Reaction score
I honestly wont judge on Mad Monday.

It was a private function and in the inebriated celebrations and private confines of a private party, everybody was letting their hair down (so to speak). Cat calling and carrying on like dills. It happens. I'd hate to tell about hens nights I've attended.

It should have been more secure with more security. Why they cant have it in one of our leagues club function rooms I wouldn't know.

I think MM was old school CB Bulldogs and now everyone should have learnt theres cameras, wowsers, media everywhere....even hens nights are dull now ;)

But yeah I agree Dean Pay got a fair enough go and should have known about the players needing to go like Woods, Mbye etc.

He was a poor coach who couldnt pick a team or bring out the best in players and not up to scratch for 2020 footy IMO.
I get that it was a private function - but I bring that up because the media knew about it and are choosing to forget it (along with all Pays other failings) when looking at this situation objectively.

Even just something as simple as looking at who signed Pay in the first place - it was the old regime. The current CEO and board gave him an extra season to prove himself and he did NOTHING. Walked out a few months into the premiership.

Poor bloke. Please. Good luck in your future as an assistant coach lol