Opinion Paul Alamoti

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the ball he looks good. Needs a bit if work on his defence though. Probably a better option than Avo but some time in reggies would be good for his development

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frustrating to see other clubs blood players as young as Alamoti and they look great yet we can’t transition our own juniors
Yet another aspect of building a strong club that needs fixing. However Alamoti having only played one flegg game n two nsw cup games looks a lot more ready for first grade than Averillo, topine, Schoupp, okunbor, deitz, bbo, wakeham and Patolo were when they debuted.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The bloke has only just turned 18, is coming off ankle surgery and only played a handful of games in reserve grade.
He needs time in reggies to make mistakes and learn to play against men before being thrown to the wolves in first grade.
Part of the reason clubs like Melbourne, Penrith and Roosters have been successful is that their players get time to develop in reserve grade before playing first grade.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh this is a huge problem that needs addressing
I think this gets addressed when our team is stronger- especially in the spine. Easier to bring in young players in when there is clear direction and they can just play a role. We need young players to contribute too much because we have a NSW cup spine except for Burton.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His trial game was one of the worst debuts ive ever seen. Im not saying he wont be good, and im not saying he wont step up, but there is a real chance that he isnt ready and throwing him into a hack-job team could hurt his development. I would prefer he keeps playing in succesfull junior teams and comes into FG when we have the cattle, and a better coach

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't think any quality junior should be anywhere near this rubbish team and shit coach.

It will only be detrimental to their growth. Don't ruin their career before it starts.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wait until he is legitimately smashing the door down and demanding selection by dominating NSW Cup.

Most of the rookies promoted over the last 3-4 years have only gotten a start due to poor form of the NRL players which have seen the rookies play before they are ready and out of their natural position in a lot of cases. Taking short cuts with juniors doesn't work and throwing them in the deep end can badly effect their development.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think any quality junior should be anywhere near this rubbish team and shit coach.

It will only be detrimental to the growth. Don't ruin their career before it starts.
How long do we have to wait to get a quality coach?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Long long long long way from being a first grader

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How long do we have to wait to get a quality coach?
Hopefully Gus' ego forces him to fire Baz sooner before later.

If Baz is still here next year, it will be another written off year and he will turn Mahoney and Kiki to shit, just like he has done to Burton and JAC.

I like to compare it to driving, no point in having a Lambo if an Indian woman is driving it.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If Baz is still here next year, it will be another written off year and he will turn Mahoney and Kiki to shit, just like he has done to Burton and JAC.
Im not sure how many more years I can handle of this shit. We get new talented recruits expecting half decent results so we can give it to our mates that we aren’t completely shit then we produce this crap. It’s not fun to be a dogs fan that’s for sure and I hate the fact I convinced my nephew to be one too and he has to be thinking wtf !!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im not sure how many more years I can handle of this shit. We get new talented recruits expecting half decent results so we can give it to our mates that we aren’t completely shit then we produce this crap. It’s not fun to be a dogs fan that’s for sure and I hate the fact I convinced my nephew to be one too and he has to be thinking wtf !!
I'll still watch every second but every game the shit **** is coach, I expect to lose and play like shit.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

I like to compare it to driving, no point in having a Lambo if an Indian woman is driving it.
What do you know about "driving Indian women"
Oh sorry my bad.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can’t defend
Brilliant attacking threat but zero idea in defence