3. Schoupp/Alamoti;
4. Averillo;
5. Cotric;
6. Burton;
7. Flanagan;

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's no way we should be shelling out big bucks for Staggs. I would give Schoupp some games towards the back end of this year and he should be ready to go next season to replace Hoppa. Alamoti play SG Ball this year and then to Cup next year and then hopefully first grade the year after. That should be two good powerful running centers to go with JAC and Cotric.
I have said the same thing before and people forget we have a salary cap to deal with, management has gone to great length of wheeling and dealing to make the Alamoti deal happen.
We have this backline contracted for next year
1 Averillo 300k ?
2 JAC 550k
3 Allen 450k
4 Cotric 650k
5 DWZ 800k
6 Burton 500k
7 Flanagan 350k
If they all excel in their duties how and who would we sacrifice to accommodate Staggs not to forget we will have some great young talent to on the rise ?
In reality we have some very expensive backs but relatively cheap halves and fullback whom I am expecting a rise in their salary based on expected success also the need for a high quality hooker and prop that won't be cheap.
It is possible if we lose DWZ !

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely think DWZ was ok last week, the costly error was not ideal just needs to eradicate those and he could have a good year... and let's be honest we are light on we NEED him to have a good year.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
calm down everybody, i think he will get there in maybe 2-3 years, suaalli is way ahead of him

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
calm down everybody, i think he will get there in maybe 2-3 years, suaalli is way ahead of him
Agree with its '2, 3 years' for Alamoti. He had his arse handed 2 him last SGBall game by the Manly centre. Twice. A case of which way did he go.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would have thought something along the lines of:

1. Allan;
2. Addo-Carr;
3. Schoupp/Alamoti;
4. Averillo;
5. Cotric;
6. Burton;
7. Flanagan;
I think Avo will eventually settle at fb and Allan will move to the centres. Cotric and Okunbour to the wings, and Schouppto centre.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have said the same thing before and people forget we have a salary cap to deal with, management has gone to great length of wheeling and dealing to make the Alamoti deal happen.
We have this backline contracted for next year
1 Averillo 300k ?
2 JAC 550k
3 Allen 450k
4 Cotric 650k
5 DWZ 800k
6 Burton 500k
7 Flanagan 350k
If they all excel in their duties how and who would we sacrifice to accommodate Staggs not to forget we will have some great young talent to on the rise ?
In reality we have some very expensive backs but relatively cheap halves and fullback whom I am expecting a rise in their salary based on expected success also the need for a high quality hooker and prop that won't be cheap.
It is possible if we lose DWZ !
I simply dont buy this rubbish people have been spreading about DWZ being on 800k!! There is simply no way. When he was re-signed we were still on a very restricted salary cap, and the board were completely aware of the reasons why we were in that position, so there's no wY they put DWZ on a backended deal that would net him 800k this year. Even after his first good year he was not worth more then 500k!! I just don't buy it!! Fake news!!! Yet people seem to have taken it as gospel. So naive!!