Paul Alamoti is a Right Centre and not a Left !

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think even though Paul will be amongst great players on the left, his strength is his fend and footwork on the right.
He looks awkward playing on the left and cant use those strengths of his.
Schoupp is another centre who was forced to play left centre when he is a right centre.
I do hope im proven wrong as we require lethal centres in order to match it with the best teams

Is anyone else concerned ?
Yes but right side centre is much harder defensively.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
you sound like nasheed :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I was way better. I was a beast at Oztag, ran rings around the footy players. Was always asked to play footy but your fucked if you think 55kg of me was interested in getting tackled by fucking behemoths.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let’s see how he goes with Burton, Kiks and Fox before we write him off as only a right edge player

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let’s see how he goes with Burton, Kiks and Fox before we write him off as only a right edge player
I don't think we need to, seen him play on both edges already and it's like watching two different players. He's going to play a limited role on the left, run his lines, make his metres and pass the ball when it needs to be passed.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watched him all through his junior career and is devastating on the right . Right foot step / left fend / flick pass etc .

Will not have the same luxury on the left but teams mostly attack the right edge defence and at this point off time it’s a big ask for him . It only helps his development to start on the left and simplify his game .

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was way better. I was a beast at Oztag, ran rings around the footy players. Was always asked to play footy but your fucked if you think 55kg of me was interested in getting tackled by fucking behemoths.
Are you faster than JAC?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are you faster than JAC?
Not right now but previously 100% I was. I broke the u11's sprint record in little athletics but we didn't have an official time keeper so it was never officially recognised. The devastating news sent 10 year old me spiralling into depression as I just wasn't able to handle that type of adversity yet.

My mental fragility definitely held me back from making it big, I personally believe I could've represented Australia in both Football (would've played club football for at least Borussia Dortmund) and Athletics at the same time. If I tried to play League I definitely also would've made it but I imagine it would be too hard to compete in three sports professionally at the same time.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who would of thought that two of the most arrogant and smartarse karens on here agree on everything…
There you go. The king of TKFC looking to pick off some posters yet again.

I'm impressed by your dedication my friend

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not right now but previously 100% I was. I broke the u11's sprint record in little athletics but we didn't have an official time keeper so it was never officially recognised. The devastating news sent 10 year old me spiralling into depression as I just wasn't able to handle that type of adversity yet.

My mental fragility definitely held me back from making it big, I personally believe I could've represented Australia in both Football (would've played club football for at least Borussia Dortmund) and Athletics at the same time. If I tried to play League I definitely also would've made it but I imagine it would be too hard to compete in three sports professionally at the same time.
Has nasheed hacked this guys account

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, not concerned at all, if CC and the coaching staff can't teach him how to play on the left then he's not cut out for NRL.

Always a Bulldog
If you can't succeed on our left side now, you aren't nrl quality . . .i have doubts about both sides centres

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think even though Paul will be amongst great players on the left, his strength is his fend and footwork on the right.
He looks awkward playing on the left and cant use those strengths of his.
Schoupp is another centre who was forced to play left centre when he is a right centre.
I do hope im proven wrong as we require lethal centres in order to match it with the best teams

Is anyone else concerned ?
I think Jackson Topine was on the wrong side when he came on also, he was dynamic on the other side last year in Reserve Grade. I understand it is a trial though and plans were being tested.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much in Topine being left out of the 1st grade trial. In 1st grade will have to share 40 min with Preston so only play 20 or so. In this trial likely to play 60 plus. Probs been told we know what you can do, need to bolster the pack for the reserve grade side. Don't think it means he is further down the pecking order. If anything maybe still above Preston. That being said if Preston has an opportunity and if he brains it again could move ahead.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much in Topine being left out of the 1st grade trial. In 1st grade will have to share 40 min with Preston so only play 20 or so. In this trial likely to play 60 plus. Probs been told we know what you can do, need to bolster the pack for the reserve grade side. Don't think it means he is further down the pecking order. If anything maybe still above Preston. That being said if Preston has an opportunity and if he brains it again could move ahead.
Preston is ahead of Topine without any doubt.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson Topine was on the wrong side when he came on
...and out of position. Played Left Centre (outside Waddell). Got a run on the right edge towards the end and looked more comfortable.
Some good PCM's & quick play-the-balls. Good defence as usual.
He's been picked for the reggies trial in normal position. Probably get some time in the main trial as well.
Didn't see him get any time at Lock, but I would like to see how he goes there as well.