Paul Alamoti is a Right Centre and not a Left !

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has a bit of zip off the mark but yeh that washes off quickly lol.All in all pleasantly surprised with how well he is playing, very solid.
Also agree with leaving him with JAC and Kikky it will do wonders for his development going forward playing between these two internationals.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he got rounded up by naden really quickly, can we get him some sprint training?
I read the title, I think more likely is he will be a slow centre then a right or left one :p

Kid is powerful and has only been in first grade for a minute. Once he fills out his body and learns to read defence and learns how to use his size to intimidate and dominate his opponents he will be a class second rower which is handy because we are lacking forwards at the moment.

If Haze and Chritchon fill in the fullback and centre spot next year then this kid has 17 written all over him. 25-30 mins off the bench to be destructive right backrower close to the line.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shows good footy intelligence.
plenty would make that pass to fox and then fade, but he recognized he needed to stay in it, ran towards the cover to draw two of them and used good strength to finally put fox away.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's not the quickest but he's also not slow as to be fair, Naden is also very quick. I remember last year Hamiso getting run down very quickly by Jasob Saab. Overall Alamoti's game isn't build around speed anyway. Overall very happy with how he's performing in 2023.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not the quickest but he's also not slow as to be fair, Naden is also very quick. I remember last year Hamiso getting run down very quickly by Jasob Saab. Overall Alamoti's game isn't build around speed anyway. Overall very happy with how he's performing in 2023.
Agree, Alamoti’s speed is fine. His game is built around power, hard running and his offload ability. He Draws in defenders and creates room for quick men around him. He just so happens to have a few quick players around him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a beast, loved his game yesterday, can’t wait for round 4!! If we play well for the full 80 we could be in the top 4/5 next week.. nice to see we’ve won 2/3 good start.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he got rounded up by naden really quickly, can we get him some sprint training?
He's a big body.
I wouldn't be reading too much into his pace on a 40-degree day.
He got the job done, and did it well.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deadset how goods this kid speak for someone so young. You see so many people not being able to speak infront of a mic yet he does it pretty confidently.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he shocked me with how well we speaks. I think my doubt was based on his age and a video thing where him and Ray were mumbling and laughing. Then I saw him actually have a serious interview and was surprised at how well he spoke. I also probably assumed “dumb footy player” but he actually comes across as a smart kid.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing him on the right, and Kiraz at left centre. Tough defensive job on the right though so if he fails swap him and Kiraz around again. Would prefer Casey at right wing before Skelton too.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah speed is one thing he’s lacking, but who cares when you’ve got JAC on your outside?
Well because there will be plenty of occasions you can’t just throw it to Ado Carr. Really can’t believe how slow he it is

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the left and right argument but I think the difference is overrated. In my childhood days it was whether you were an inside centre or an outside centre. That difference makes more sense to me.