Paul Alamoti is a Right Centre and not a Left !

Bulldogs92

New Pup
Reaction score
I think even though Paul will be amongst great players on the left, his strength is his fend and footwork on the right.
He looks awkward playing on the left and cant use those strengths of his.
Schoupp is another centre who was forced to play left centre when he is a right centre.
I do hope im proven wrong as we require lethal centres in order to match it with the best teams

Is anyone else concerned ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think even though Paul will be amongst great players on the left, his strength is his fend and footwork on the right.
Schoupp is another centre who was forced to play left centre when he is a right centre.
I do hope im proven wrong as we require lethal centres in order to match it with the best teams

No, not concerned at all, if CC and the coaching staff can't teach him how to play on the left then he's not cut out for NRL.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd say the majority of NRL players don't debut in their preferred position or side. There have been numerous mentions of how Ciraldo has got the players to learn to play both sides and practice improving their passing/fends etc on their weaker side.

For now, Alamoti would be happy to be in FG and will play anywhere they tell him to.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably playing him there so they can put him between two very experienced players in Kikau and Fox
And being outside of Burton. Alamoti will be the player opposing defences pay the least attention to on that side, so he'll have plenty of opportunities to break tackles and take advantage of 1 on 1 situations. It's not like Ciraldo and the other coaches wouldn't have put thought into their decisions.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No, not concerned at all, if CC and the coaching staff can't teach him how to play on the left then he's not cut out for NRL.

Always a Bulldog
spot on i hate this argument, if you cant play both sides as you said you aren't first grade material

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Lets see how he goes with Kiks, Burton and JAC in the side this week.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He played left centre in NSW Cup a few times last season and did more than fine. He will be fine.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Totally agree. Play the kid on his preferred side. It’s not like we got Joey manu there.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Am I concerned?

No scary lady
No nose whistler
No pretenders in the boatd room.
No TBaz
No knockondumdum on the wing.

For the first time in 10 years I am not concerned at all.

Relaxed and looking forward to season 2023.
In fact so relaxed I think I just shit myself. Such a nice warm feeling.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
What are his right to left passes like? Might not be all bad if he can set up the fox after a break.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes he's a shadow of himself on the left, only on the left so he's between and JAC and Kikau while he finds his feet in firstgrade.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if he can't thrive playing between Kikau and the Foxx then he is not cut out for NRL.. Not to mention our team is no different from the other teams and we attack more in favour of the left side.

He looked comfortable on the weekend.