Opinion Passing from Dummy Half

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been as issue since 2014. I imagine in a few years time we'll get round to fixing it. It's not a priority at the moment

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
You would think the art of passing from dummy-half would be mastered by age 14...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shocking no crisp passes all high floaters killed our momentum
It's not just from dummy half; it's a problem in attack, when we have the opportunity for a clean break and certain try - the ball, most of the time, is passed behind, or over the head of an unmarked player. We also have the added complication of players not being able to take a simple pass.

Crisp passing and catching could have won at least another couple of games for us this year. We are so close to being in the winners circle; yet so far due to silly basic mistakes.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Katoa has problems passing to he’s right... I like it when he runs straight though. Nuggety little fucker

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think the art of passing from dummy-half would be mastered by age 14...
Ha great point
Lichaa, JMK, Kotoa, Lewis all have bad passing games. Its amazing they made it to FG with those deficiencies

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha great point
Lichaa, JMK, Kotoa, Lewis all have bad passing games. Its amazing they made it to FG with those deficiencies
It must be a legacy criteria to play hooker or half at the Dogs from the Hasler days. Can't pass = automatic Dogs spine player. I'm on the wrong side of 40 and I can still throw better and longer passes than our current halves and thats just using 1 hand, a legacy from playing touch grid iron at high school lunchtime many years ago.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May sound silly but Katoa looks to have a very nice pass on both sides, but he just can't aim it lol.

JMK is worse anyway. He ALWAYS wastes taxkles by passing to Tolman or Napa trying to barge over.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It must be a legacy criteria to play hooker or half at the Dogs from the Hasler days. Can't pass = automatic Dogs spine player. I'm on the wrong side of 40 and I can still throw better and longer passes than our current halves and thats just using 1 hand, a legacy from playing touch grid iron at high school lunchtime many years ago.
The other thing that's lacking in our team is the lack of support play which we used to be famous for, now on the odd chance that someone makes a break there is no one to give it to, that was a basic thing you learnt when playing comp at school, I hope Barret and the new players coming into the squad can turn this around.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
so today we looked a hell lot better with kotoa at dummy half vs jmk at dummy half

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He's a whole lot better than JMK and also avoids Tolman where possible. Give him a 10 year contract lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Still wouldn't say he is our long term solution

Of course not.

We 100% need at least 2 hookers.

But even having kotoa there shows there's a massive difference with Penriths 4th choice hooker vs what our club and previous coaches identified as talented hookers lichaa and jmk

And its because of that hack pay that we re-signed jmk