Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs 28:43

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we do go well this year watch Gus take credit for all the signings he said he had nothing to do with in this podcast.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ie. We are shit. We'll be shit this year. Anything above the bottom 4 is a bonus
Hate to admit it but you're spot on.

We have the potential to get much higher but I don't think we will, I will happily man up and eat my words if we do it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we do go well this year watch Gus take credit for all the signings he said he had nothing to do with in this podcast.
Lol but I did note he had something to do with the selection of the young blokes who got a run. Baz let him have that at least lol.

He sure didn't give much away. Other teams got a bit more analyses on roster etc.

Malla

Reaction score
What did you want him to say? That we are primed for a top 8 spot? He gave a very vanilla analysis of the Dogs. Would not expect anything more or less tbh but in saying that Gus is already building towards 2023 with Mahoney, Sutton and Kikau. So yes that may give the impression that 2022 is a write off but there's a lot more riding on this year. Baz needs this team to win because his job is on the line, we have a number of players on 1 year deals that need to perform to get extensions. Our halves situation, Averillo needs to perform now to solidify his spot. Our left edge is up in the air - Schoupp and Okunbor are definitely not the answers.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need an experienced halfback and untril that happens we are just running around chasing our tails. We will improve but so will everybody else
I think like a lot of Kennellers do that Avo is not going to work as a half and is likely to affect his future in the game. The other options at the moment are all reserve grade level. I can't believe after such a big recruitment drive we didn't buy a good halfback. I am aware that there were slim pickings but it should have been a priority

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What did you want him to say? That we are primed for a top 8 spot? He gave a very vanilla analysis of the Dogs. Would not expect anything more or less tbh but in saying that Gus is already building towards 2023 with Mahoney, Sutton and Kikau. So yes that may give the impression that 2022 is a write off but there's a lot more riding on this year. Baz needs this team to win because his job is on the line, we have a number of players on 1 year deals that need to perform to get extensions. Our halves situation, Averillo needs to perform now to solidify his spot. Our left edge is up in the air - Schoupp and Okunbor are definitely not the answers.
Yup, building to 23 is correct, but this year will shape next year an beyond .. well it’s a start the are looking for to become a top 4 club once again. We will know if 22 is a write off after 3/4 games!!