Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Rort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beldig

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So why is it that I have more faith in your team's ability to beat us then most of you do?? Outside of a bit of banter, I think it will be a tough match that could go either way!!
I don't believe you have "faith" in our teams ability to beat yours, it's more like you have developed a distrust in your own teams abilities and are waiting for the inevitable let down. Decades of failure does that to a man.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You talk like the eels are the greatest football side ever assembled, that the current illegal squad are 17 future immortals or something. Lets not get carried away here.
lighten up. It's just a bit of banter:-)

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
how can you take satisfaction in beating us with an illegally assembled squad?

if you and another bloke were boxing and you kneed him in the nuts, would you claim victory?
'Illegally Assembled Squad'!! Based on what do you make that claim!!

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe you have "faith" in our teams ability to beat yours, it's more like you have developed a distrust in your own teams abilities and are waiting for the inevitable let down. Decades of failure does that to a man.
I'm not even going to bother with this one.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
NO RUSH TO RULE ON PARRA PUNISHMENT

PARRAMATTA’S salary cap punishment will not be handed down this week.

The NRL integrity unit chief is still assessing the evidence before taking his recommendation to chief executive Todd Greenberg and, because it’s such a big decision, the independent commission.

It’s more likely to be the first week of May. Full marks to Nick Weeks and his team for being so thorough with such a major investigation and legal issue that will affect players, fans and the entire competition.

Source
This is turning into 'War and Peace' !!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The NRL integrity unit chief is still assessing the evidence before taking his recommendation to chief executive Todd Greenberg and, because it’s such a big decision, the independent commission.

It’s more likely to be the first week of May. Full marks to Nick Weeks and his team for being so thorough with such a major investigation and legal issue that will affect players, fans and the entire competition.

Source
Being thorough or just wanting to boost the crowd for next week, lol. Honestly, I know that by the media reports the NRL has had a lot to wade through but this is taking a while. It has looked like being resolved a few times and then more is uncovered.

One would hope that they get it absolutely 100% spot on with the punishment handed down because this has been going since some time in June last year when the first impropriety was revealed. Several false starts where new evidence came to light (after assurances everything had been confessed) have made this the mess that it is.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This rabble is 100% on the nrl time and time they sat back and watched a club that cleary couldn't organize a root in a brothel trip over itself .
How the fuck is an organization that changes rules every week to suit themselves and is that out of touch with the game going to hand down a punishment that fits the crime ? They proved that with Brisbane .

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So why is it that I have more faith in your team's ability to beat us then most of you do?? Outside of a bit of banter, I think it will be a tough match that could go either way!!
The game will be won or lost first 20
If we start like we did v Bunnies and Manly but if we are slow out blocks and Parra line speed is consistent it will be sad movies

Also if Semi has another hard on we are fkd

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Source
So thorough? dragging on longer than Days of our lives! I think Dr Dre long awaited album since 2001 (Detox)will drop before the Eels get handed their fate

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
'Illegally Assembled Squad'!! Based on what do you make that claim!!

sorry DB, but to be brutally honest beldig does have a point.

if this Eels team is not put together due to the reason directly related to exceeding the salary cap then why Eels are under investigation by NRL?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry DB, but to be brutally honest beldig does have a point.

if this Eels team is not put together due to the reason directly related to exceeding the salary cap then why Eels are under investigation by NRL?
No he doesn't!! The NRL have checked this year's roster, it passed!! I don't have a problem with FACTS. I do with FICTION!!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No he doesn't!! The NRL have checked this year's roster, it passed!! I don't have a problem with FACTS. I do with FICTION!!

so if this eels roster is fair and has got nothing to do with cheating the cap then why they are getting punished with competition point this year?

they should dock the points /achievements when they did cheat cap.

Just like bulldogs were docked competition points the year when the team was found to be exceeding the cap.

Just like storm was docked off competition points the year when the team was found to be exceeding the cap and also the years when they won the premierships with the over the cap team.

If Eels team this year is fair and square and under the cap just like other 15 teams of the comp, what is the problem?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
so if this eels roster is fair and has got nothing to do with cheating the cap then why they are getting punished with competition point this year?

they should dock the points /achievements when they did cheat cap.

Just like bulldogs were docked competition points the year when the team was found to be exceeding the cap.

Just like storm was docked off competition points the year when the team was found to be exceeding the cap and also the years when they won the premierships with the over the cap team.

If Eels team this year is fair and square and under the cap just like other 15 teams of the comp, what is the problem?
I am so tired of going over and over and over the same thing on this. Enough is enough. The findings will be out soon enough and I've had a gutful of being asked questions on something I had nothing to do with.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am so tired of going over and over and over the same thing on this. Enough is enough. The findings will be out soon enough and I've had a gutful of being asked questions on something I had nothing to do with.
sorry but i might have missed you over going this issue.

In my view it is quiet simple really and i would say again if this eels team is not exceeding the cap nor has any back ended deals or TPAs for former players which are included in this years cap, then NRL has no grounds to dock eels off the competition points this year.

Reaction score
The game will be won or lost first 20
If we start like we did v Bunnies and Manly but if we are slow out blocks and Parra line speed is consistent it will be sad movies

Also if Semi has another hard on we are fkd
Perret has really turned his form around since that parra game,
i don't think things will be as easy for semi this time around

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd just like to mention, when the Bulldogs got done for salary cap breaches, they handed down the decision the next weekend and the storm, in the same week.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I'd just like to mention, when the Bulldogs got done for salary cap breaches, they handed down the decision the next weekend and the storm, in the same week.
Mate give the NRL a break. What would you do if you had your entire years financial plan set up with the broadcasting networks and betting agencies for it to be an Eels Brisbane Grand Final and then you bloody find out that one of the teams you knew and helped cheat the system to achieve this years financial plan didn't god dam delete the emails organising the cheating.. You would need time to get your head around how you are going to still forfill your commitments and appear above board after this massive speed bump..

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry but i might have missed you over going this issue.

In my view it is quiet simple really and i would say again if this eels team is not exceeding the cap nor has any back ended deals or TPAs for former players which are included in this years cap, then NRL has no grounds to dock eels off the competition points this year.
I wasn't having a go back, just venting in general. Surely you all understand what it's like being a club under investigation. In our case, instead of it being dealt with quickly, it's like the never ending story. The press rolls on and the rumour mill grinds away. No one wants to see this resolved more than the Eels fans. We are copping all the shit that should be directed at those who started this. Not just any principle involved, but the back stabbing arsehole who kept drip feeding the press to cause max damage to the club, the team and the fans for that matter. But I'll say it one last time. If someone is found guilty of breaking the rules, they should be outed and the punishment should fit the crime. Can I be any more open, or fair, than that!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
could be worse......you could have what we did with the Coffs rape scandal that dragged on for months.....only to be proven as made up after the media had lost interest....at least you have Sterlo in the media pushing your case, we just had a heap of has beens (never was) media personalities with chips on their shoulders sinking the boot in at every chance when we got caught over the cap

not many shoulders to cry in here DB, dogs supporters are raised like Spartans, thrown in to the wilderness as children to survive the spite, venom and stupidity of rival supporters......the weak ones that crumble become Parra & Souths supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.