News Parramatta Eels poach Canterbury Bulldogs star

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In retaliation for signing Reed Mahoney, the Parramatta Eels have caused a massive blow securing the services of experienced prop forward Ofahiki Ogden. Ogden - a hard-running front-rower with 45 NRL-games - has signed a train and trial contract with the Eels with a number of clubs vying for his prized signature. The 25-year old won the Dally M Coke Snorter of the Year Award in 2021 after being shortlisted alongside rugby league superstars Cameron Munster and Brandon Smith.

Ogden’s agent Luke Lombardi confirmed to News Corp the 25-year-old would start with Parramatta on Monday after impressing Eels officials at a medical assessment last week.

“It’s a great move for Ofahiki, he had a number of options, but he feels this opportunity with Parramatta gives him a great chance to further develop his game,’’ Lombardi said.

“He’ll start on Monday and hit the ground running.’’

As for Canterbury, Ogden's departure will leave a gaping hole in their forwards stocks. Parramatta have sure let their feelings known about Mahoney departing to their long-time arch-rivals - a token of confidence for their recruitment and retention committee.
Runs a great Line.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Star lol what a piss up .
It’s ok we’ll survive let’s trot 2022

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gotta laugh. The eels fans on their site trying to pump Ogden up.

I don’t mean to hate. He’s average at best. I tried to buy into the “he can hit” but yeh he’s a nsw cup player.

He’s not a kid. He’s 25. He’s had years where he just doesn’t improve. He will level someone and then do nothing besides penalty, missed tackle and error.

Anyway hope he gets a good run for his sake.

Lol at them think it’s a Paulo insurance policy.

My dear. Delusional.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Both forwards we lost Atoni & Ogden are going to top 6 clubs, there are no excuses if they flop in those environments.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone here with contacts in the Eels board tell them our best players by a country mile in training now are Flanno, Allan and Waddell? The Eels are dead set certainties for the title next year if they can get them to come over right now. I'm sure our board will reluctantly agree as a gesture of goodwill.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
'has signed a train and trial contract with the Eels with a number of clubs vying for his prized signature.' If his 'signature' was so 'prized', he'd have signed a contract, not a Train n Trial

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly he’s a future immoral.
Our worst loss since Jonathon Thurston. Watch him carry Parra to a Premiership.
What’s Gus next move?! Probably let Stimson and Waddell walk too. We are a mess.
Better not let Waddell and Stimson go for an immediate transfer of Kikau and Mahoney. I’ll go skitz if that happens! They have our DNA!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have dragged him out of a rehab facility to get him to sign. The author of the article is probably in the same facility given his inference that Ogden was a "gun" player & that we lost him.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both forwards we lost Atoni & Ogden are going to top 6 clubs, there are no excuses if they flop in those environments.
Both have potential that they never reached here. I'd say Atoni is more likely to hit it at the roosters than Ogden is at the Eels but who knows

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Haha hilarious at how many heads that went over LMAO

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Ogden has a lot of upsize...yes he didn’t perform consistently but I remember some games when he hit with intensity and hit the advantage line with mongrel.....and how much were we paying him...minimum wage? You Need players like him who are not on top dollar

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think Ogden has a lot of upsize...yes he didn’t perform consistently but I remember some games when he hit with intensity and hit the advantage line with mongrel.....and how much were we paying him...minimum wage? You Need players like him who are not on top dollar
I don’t think we disagree but I doubt he was on minimum either. We overpaid flogs and flops non stop under old Management.

I think it’s a case also Ogden had what 4-5 years ? Bloke is 25 right now. Not a kid.

I’d much rather a spot for that big unit we got from tigers as a kid and give him a go.

I think it’s more also it’s time to try and give topine patolo etc a regular go off the bench.

Ava also showed at 30 whatever he offered far more for minimum and no doubt far better off the field based on the off season news.

With our pack pretty well set I think for both this season and next pending injuries it’s just those sorta spots we gotta nail. Ogden doesn’t fit there for me.

2022 with roster as is and health I’d think

Thompson
Vaughan
Hetho
Tpj
Jacko

Rfm
Patolo
Ava
Topine/Stimson/Waddell other kids no doubt.

Then we welcome kikau and lose Stimson and rfm no doubt. Vaughan Who knows. I think he will go well enough to demand another year or 2.

Maybe hetho too depending on that option.