Parra Fans Complain As Well

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't take anything from that Brisbane game either.. we all know they were out on the piss the night before

Nothing to do with Eels hatred... We beat them when we improved, and we were winning just as much as they were at the back end... pretty simple conclusion

Yourself, and others on here focus way too heavily on our early season form, when we we running out a very inexperienced team, in which many of the guys had never played together before... I prefer to focus on how they grew as a team, and the fact that they can only get better.
Same excuses for 2018 (paid to much attention
To start of season form) then we did it again.

Foran is gone. He was a huge part of our end of season form. While I’m excited about seeing wakeham there’s no guarantee pay doesn’t go with Lewis and cogger. How well did they go together?

Will see I guess.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same excuses for 2018 (paid to much attention
To start of season form) then we did it again.

Foran is gone. He was a huge part of our end of season form. While I’m excited about seeing wakeham there’s no guarantee pay doesn’t go with Lewis and cogger. How well did they go together?

Will see I guess.

we'll be right... it's a mostly new team now, and maybe not the strongest on paper as far as marquee players is concerned, but these guys have more pride in the jersey than a lot of the other teams.. they turned up all year and were rewarded with some good times at the end of the year... they will start the new season with a lot more understanding of each others game, and with a lot more genuine confidence

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
we'll be right... it's a mostly new team now, and maybe not the strongest on paper as far as marquee players is concerned, but these guys have more pride in the jersey than a lot of the other teams.. they turned up all year and were rewarded with some good times at the end of the year... they will start the new season with a lot more understanding of each others game, and with a lot more genuine confidence
If we turned up all year and finished with the second worst defensive record I’m very concerned.

Anyway I respect your enthusiasm and opinion. Let’s see what happens again.

My opinion our roster is terrible and needs a major overhaul. The cattle and possibly coaching/support is just not there (not sure on the coaching/support though will see I guess)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parra will be dangerous next season. Brown, RCG and Paulo are all 'swollen head' players as i like to call them. They get the jump on you early they will go all game, shut them down quickly and they will wait for someone else to do the hard stuff. if they get on a roll they will be hard to stop.
They are the ultimate flat track bullies they’ll do enough to make the finals but they won’t do any damage once they are there.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we turned up all year and finished with the second worst defensive record I’m very concerned.

Anyway I respect your enthusiasm and opinion. Let’s see what happens again.

My opinion our roster is terrible and needs a major overhaul. The cattle and possibly coaching/support is just not there (not sure on the coaching/support though will see I guess)

we had a much better fa in the latter part of the season, and that's the team who will start 2020

Same to you man.. but I just think you should focus on what the team became, not what it was.. we were predicted to not win a game, but ended up as one of the form teams at the back end..

I think a few guys will be really strong next year.. RFM, To'Omaga, CHN, DWZ (no brainer), and like many on here, I'm tipping JMK for a big season... I also think Stimson and Britt are going to be good acquisitions.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
we had a much better fa in the latter part of the season, and that's the team who will start 2020

Same to you man.. but I just think you should focus on what the team became, not what it was.. we were predicted to not win a game, but ended up as one of the form teams at the back end..

I think a few guys will be really strong next year.. RFM, To'Omaga, CHN, DWZ (no brainer), and like many on here, I'm tipping JMK for a big season... I also think Stimson and Britt are going to be good acquisitions.
Agree with the names you listed along with a couple others not listed.

Again respect your opinion but we did the same 2018 and again Foran was a vital piece, Lewis and cogger werent successful together at all. Infact terrible. Wakeham might be overlooked all together still!

Also you can buy into and use the excuse the pressure was of and others teams underestimated us being easy beats 3/4 of the year.

Anyway we shall see.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In what world did Parramatta make the top 4? and no it doesn't make us close to Melbourne... there are plenty of close games in the NRL these days due to the emphasis on defence... Parra beat us when we were fielding a relatively new team who had hardly formed any combinations.. our entire spine had hardly any NRL games between them, let alone together... but when we did improve, we beat them, at their fortress... therefor we are better, and that will be proven again when we embarrass them in round 1 next year
Exactly! We were closer to Parra than to the spoon, and they were closer to us than the minor premiership. One or two things go our way or against them over the course of the season, and it's closer again.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Exactly! We were closer to Parra than to the spoon, and they were closer to us than the minor premiership. One or two things go our way or against them over the course of the season, and it's closer again.
And if my Aunty had balls she would be my uncle.

Though parramatta finished 5th and we finished 12th.

Eels roster has improved. We have one of the two players who where most vital for any wins for the season already in Foran.

Again I hope your optimism pays off. Though I don’t see how. We finished the season in 2018 strong and then we here rubbish for 3/4 the year in 2019. Foran gone for the season.

Will see I guess.