Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Interesting opinion.

I’d say Dwz, Chn are the only two that make
Their 13.

While I likeSmith Ferguson and sivo stop that.

Who would you disagree with there?

Combined team:

1. DWZ, Gutho
  2. Sivo, Meany
  3. Jennings, Harper
  4. Hoppa, Blake
  5. Fergo, Smith
  6. Foran, Brown
  7. Moses, Lewis
  8. Napa, RCG
  9. Mahoney/Jmk
  10. Paulo, Tolman
  11. Matterson, Stimson
  12. CHN, Lane
  13. Jackson, Brown
  14. Takarangi, Katoa
  15. RFM, Evans
  16. Nikora, Elliott
  17. T'Omonga, Alvaro
We get 8/16
They get 8/16
Whose better, Mahoney or Jmk and there is the decider of who has a better team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Combined team:

1. DWZ, Gutho
  2. Sivo, Meany
  3. Jennings, Harper
  4. Hoppa, Blake
  5. Fergo, Smith
  6. Foran, Brown
  7. Moses, Lewis
  8. Napa, RCG
  9. Mahoney/Jmk
  10. Paulo, Tolman
  11. Matterson, Stimson
  12. CHN, Lane
  13. Jackson, Brown
  14. Takarangi, Katoa
  15. RFM, Evans
  16. Nikora, Elliott
  17. T'Omonga, Alvaro
We get 8/16
They get 8/16
To all those even "attempting" to say we have a lousy roster as an excuse next season...

Mark my words...

110%.....

Bookmark Arthur''s post for posterity!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
RCG is shit and Matterson ill wait and see !
So you would take Tolman or Napa over rcg? Who in our 13 makes the eels 13? I’d say Dwz fits somewhere and then Jackson and maybe Chn at best... who would you say has missed out?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Combined team:

1. DWZ, Gutho
  2. Sivo, Meany
  3. Jennings, Harper
  4. Hoppa, Blake
  5. Fergo, Smith
  6. Foran, Brown
  7. Moses, Lewis
  8. Napa, RCG
  9. Mahoney/Jmk
  10. Paulo, Tolman
  11. Matterson, Stimson
  12. CHN, Lane
  13. Jackson, Brown
  14. Takarangi, Katoa
  15. RFM, Evans
  16. Nikora, Elliott
  17. T'Omonga, Alvaro
We get 8/16
They get 8/16
Sorry mate your having a laugh.

Meaney over sivo
Smith over fergo
Lewis over moses
Tolman over Paulo
Stimson over Matterson
Katoa over takarangi
Harper over Jennings

That’s without debatable ones like
Elliott over nikora
rfm over Evans
chn over lane
jmk over Mahoney
Hoppa over Blake
Napa over rcg
Dwz over gutho

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Sorry mate your having a laugh.

Meaney over sivo
Smith over fergo
Lewis over moses
Tolman over Paulo
Stimson over Matterson
Katoa over takarangi
Harper over Jennings

That’s without debatable ones like
Elliott over nikora
rfm over Evans
chn over lane
jmk over Mahoney
Hoppa over Blake
Napa over rcg
Dwz over gutho
Your misinterpreting it. I meant it as the first player is the better than the other. The bold one means Bulldogs but the first in the line means that they're better than the other.
I couldn't decide on JMK or Mahoney.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can’t stand parra mate. Not saying they didn’t cheat nor suck. Though as I said what have we done the last decade? Lost a grand final? (Edit sorry we lost 2) So have they.

They just made the top 4 last season and have improved their roster (matterson, rcg, full season with Blake)

We are not anywhere near as good as them.

Gutho
Sivo
Jennings
Blake
Ferguson
Brown
Moses

Rcg
Mahoney
Paulo
Matterson
Lane
Brown

Takarangi
Evans
Nikoure
Gower/kafusi/teropo/stone/Alvaro/smith someone I forgot?

They are in way better shape then us. Not even close.

By the same token, what have they done the last 3 decades?

;)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Your misinterpreting it. I meant it as the first player is the better than the other. The bold one means Bulldogs but the first in the line means that they're better than the other.
I couldn't decide on JMK or Mahoney.
My mistake then.

With the 8 you have dedicated to us most of them are clearly biased towards us.

Dwz and gutho
Hoppa and Blake
Napa and rcg
Chn and lane
Rfm and Evans

Jackson and brown is also a flip of the coin there.

Foran and brown. Well I think the reality is all of us take brown if we could

I mean I certainly take to’omaga over Alvaro that’s about it.

The eels options though aren’t anywhere near as debatable.

Sivo to Meaney
Fergo to Smith
Moses to Lewis
Paulo to Tolman
Matterson to Stimson
Takarangi to Katoa.

Just overall they on paper are a far superior squad. Also reflects on them finishing top 4 and us cellar dwellers.

I agree though they have done nothing for years. Neither have we though and right now
The eels are a far superior team.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
By the same token, what have they done the last 3 decades?

;)
as i said I hear you. Though I know who’s had the last laugh at the moment based on the 2019 season. Wasn’t us

Although them utterly destroying the ponies was enjoyable and even better when they thought they where world beaters only to realise they beat a useless overrated mob that get carried week in week out (the ponies) to get smacked out the finals

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you would take Tolman or Napa over rcg? Who in our 13 makes the eels 13? I’d say Dwz fits somewhere and then Jackson and maybe Chn at best... who would you say has missed out?

RCG turns up for a handful of games a year, and he's a bit soft.... I would have Tolman over him for his work rate and his leadership.. and I would have Dylan over him for his mongrel

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
RCG turns up for a handful of games a year, and he's a bit soft.... I would have Tolman over him for his work rate and his leadership.. and I would have Dylan over him for his mongrel
Napa is the exact definition you just used for rcg.

Before he shattered his jaw rcg showed more then either.

Tolman hits a like a pillow. Alvaro ran through him ffs. I respect his endurance and motor though he in my opinion is not a prop I want any longer the position is no longer Tolman friendly as it was years ago.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napa is the exact definition you just used for rcg.

Before he shattered his jaw rcg showed more then either.

Tolman hits a like a pillow. Alvaro ran through him ffs. I respect his endurance and motor though he in my opinion is not a prop I want any longer the position is no longer Tolman friendly as it was years ago.

Not really... Napa gave all he could every game this year... I personally can live with the fact that he was stuffed at the back end of a lot of games because it was his first year playing long minutes.. with RCG it's like, is he going to fire up this week or not? usually it's the latter.... Tolman might not hit hard but he makes up for it with his work rate and the amount of dirty work he does every single week

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not really... Napa gave all he could every game this year... I personally can live with the fact that he was stuffed at the back end of a lot of games because it was his first year playing long minutes.. with RCG it's like, is he going to fire up this week or not? usually it's the latter.... Tolman might not hit hard but he makes up for it with his work rate and the amount of dirty work he does every single week
Yes really.

I can see we simply have to agree to disagree.

Neither of those are accurately portraying the reality in my opinion and once again rcg is coming back from a terrible broken jaw. Prior to that he was a top prop. I think he will show that again with confidence.

Regardless you can try to throw it in the debatable positions. Though once again we way off the mark on paper against the eels and it shows on the end results of the ladder before they have improved their roster once again (rcg starting is clearly an upgrade to Alvaro, besides him making Tolman his bitch) Matterson is a gun and was origin 18th man for a reason, though ma’u is a big loss.

Blake their the year is like us with Dwz. A good upgrade to have for the season for both clubs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see we simply have to agree to disagree.

Neither of those are accurately portraying the reality in my opinion and once again rcg is coming back from a terrible broken jaw. Prior to that he was a top prop. I think he will show that again with confidence.

Regardless you can try to throw it in the debatable positions. Though once again we way off the mark on paper against the eels and it shows on the end results of the ladder before they have improved their roster once again (rcg starting is clearly an upgrade to Alvaro, besides him making Tolman his bitch) Matterson is a gun and was origin 18th man for a reason, though ma’u is a big loss.

Blake their the year is like us with Dwz. A good upgrade to have for the season for both clubs.

You're free to think that, and I am not referring to RCG post injury either. I am happier with two guys who turn up and give 100% every week... Napa still has a lot more to offer as well, and when we start playing in bigger games, you can be sure that he will be the guy who will stand up when it's needed

Parra are so much better than us that we knocked them over at their fortress before the finals when wins for them were crucial.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You're free to think that, and I am not referring to RCG post injury either. I am happier with two guys who turn up and give 100% every week... Napa still has a lot more to offer as well, and when we start playing in bigger games, you can be sure that he will be the guy who will stand up when it's needed

Parra are so much better than us that we knocked them over at their fortress before the finals when wins for them were crucial.
That just an irrational way to try and dispute the season results (top 4, cellar dwellers). We almost beat the storm at Melbourne... so what we are close to them now?

Eels also put 20+ on us at anz.

Then again warriors put 40 on us then tigers put 40 on them.

Then we beat them 22-8 at Campbeltown.

The season tells the story (although injuries especially to keys like Foran, can have a huge influence)

Eels are clearly along way ahead of us on paper. You can disagree though one of us made the top 4 and smashed their first opponent. The other barely escaped the spoon. I hate it, but I’m not living in denial over it.

I hope they somehow do a dragon’s and choke terribly with a good roster. Though they didn’t this season and their roster has only improved.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That just an irrational way to try and dispute the season results (top 4, cellar dwellers). We almost beat the storm at Melbourne... so what we are close to them now?

Eels also put 20+ on us at anz.

Then again warriors put 40 on us then tigers put 40 on them.

Then we beat them 22-8 at Campbeltown.

The season tells the story (although injuries especially to keys like Foran, can have a huge influence)

Eels are clearly along way ahead of us on paper. You can disagree though one of us made the top 4 and smashed their first opponent. The other barely escaped the spoon. I hate it, but I’m not living in denial over it.

I hope they somehow do a dragon’s and choke terribly with a good roster. Though they didn’t this season and their roster has only improved.

In what world did Parramatta make the top 4? and no it doesn't make us close to Melbourne... there are plenty of close games in the NRL these days due to the emphasis on defence... Parra beat us when we were fielding a relatively new team who had hardly formed any combinations.. our entire spine had hardly any NRL games between them, let alone together... but when we did improve, we beat them, at their fortress... therefor we are better, and that will be proven again when we embarrass them in round 1 next year

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
In what world did Parramatta make the top 4? and no it doesn't make us close to Melbourne... there are plenty of close games in the NRL these days due to the emphasis on defence... Parra beat us when we were fielding a relatively new team who had hardly formed any combinations.. our entire spine had hardly any NRL games between them, let alone together... but when we did improve, we beat them, at their fortress... therefor we are better, and that will be proven again when we embarrass them in round 1 next year
My mistake, the ended up Finishing 5th overall both in the season and the finals.

I can’t see how you can come to that as your conclusion. I guess a high dislike for the eels.

Look forward to discussing come round 1 either way.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mistake, the ended up Finishing 5th overall both in the season and the finals.

I can’t see how you can come to that as your conclusion. I guess a high dislike for the eels.

Look forward to discussing come round 1 either way.

I wouldn't take anything from that Brisbane game either.. we all know they were out on the piss the night before

Nothing to do with Eels hatred... We beat them when we improved, and we were winning just as much as they were at the back end... pretty simple conclusion

Yourself, and others on here focus way too heavily on our early season form, when we we running out a very inexperienced team, in which many of the guys had never played together before... I prefer to focus on how they grew as a team, and the fact that they can only get better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Parra will be dangerous next season. Brown, RCG and Paulo are all 'swollen head' players as i like to call them. They get the jump on you early they will go all game, shut them down quickly and they will wait for someone else to do the hard stuff. if they get on a roll they will be hard to stop.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Parra will be dangerous next season. Brown, RCG and Paulo are all 'swollen head' players as i like to call them. They get the jump on you early they will go all game, shut them down quickly and they will wait for someone else to do the hard stuff. if they get on a roll they will be hard to stop.
Fair point, though lane Matterson certainly round that pack well.

A back line of gutho fergo Blake Jennings sivo brown and Moses destroys ours too.

Anyway as I said to Howard. Look forward to seeing how it unfolds for round 1.