parra and canterbury combine

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite surprised about this one. Definitely helps our comp more than theirs. Not sure what the Eels get out of this maybe cost reductions?

The big loser for this will be Manly who often try to cherry pick the good Eels juniors around the 15/16 year old age group whereas we now get the inside running.

Maybe a sign of something bigger and more long term to come, but that would completely shock me if so and I would highly doubt it.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully they can “organise” a comp better than Parramatta. My grandson plays for “ a Parramatta team” and they had a comp where there were six or seven teams but two of the teams who played in the semis had never played each other in the regular comp, where others played each other 3 or four times. Certain teams/ clubs got favourable treatment, seemingly being able to sign whoever they wanted even though they keep winning he comp and are not supposed to sign players from other clubs.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dogs is average comp except for st christophers so it will give dogs a foot up with Mountys, StChristopers and Frank Pritchard being at Cabbra. Will improve dogs. Not sure the benifits to Parra
I don't think you have truly watched Junior league games within Canterbury if u think St Christopher’s are the only decent club in our junior league.

Let me assure you the Canterbury Junior comp is more than St Christopher’s and they don't win every comp from u13s up.....

The merger will be beneficial for both districts and there are many reasons why its happened with one of those being wests ( Campbelltown- Macarthur) teams are not as strong and not enough teams across the ages .

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think you have truly watched Junior league games within Canterbury if u think St Christopher’s are the only decent club in our junior league.

Let me assure you the Canterbury Junior comp is more than St Christopher’s and they don't win every comp from u13s up.....

The merger will be beneficial for both districts and there are many reasons why its happened with one of those being wests ( Campbelltown- Macarthur) teams are not as strong and not enough teams across the ages .
I don’t watch enough I agree as I run out time. But I watch a fair bit. The main games I get too are St Christopher’s and they dominate. Had some freinds kids play in both comps. They also think same as me the comp is not that strong.

You raise some good points. I believe but the MacArthur/ Liverpool region has some benefits in it if you can link it through to group 6.

The partnership with Parra comp gives us as dogs supporters a real opportunity with growth consistent games and as pointed out the second best Nursery in the juniors. So hopefully we manage it well and grow back to the old power house we once where in the juniors

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t watch enough I agree as I run out time. But I watch a fair bit. The main games I get too are St Christopher’s and they dominate. Had some freinds kids play in both comps. They also think same as me the comp is not that strong.

You raise some good points. I believe but the MacArthur/ Liverpool region has some benefits in it if you can link it through to group 6.

The partnership with Parra comp gives us as dogs supporters a real opportunity with growth consistent games and as pointed out the second best Nursery in the juniors. So hopefully we manage it well and grow back to the old power house we once where in the juniors
How will our junior academy work with these new arrangements? Any idea?..probably just expanded to access a greater number of players?

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How will our junior academy work with these new arrangements? Any idea?..probably just expanded to access a greater number of players?
I’d only be applying my thoughts at this stage on the junior academy. I will find out but as the nephew has made the Matt’s squad. He’s no star but will give it his best.
Once they put him through it. I’ll get some feedback from him and his dad
Access will be better if ran write. Possibly could grab Liverpool Mountys who run out Hinchinbrook near Miller and Frank the tank in Cabbra if managed write. Could deliver some future stars.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great move when I was playing parra comp it was very strong and so was Canterbury too we need something to rival penrith that’s always been strong juniors. Western suburbs had to merge with group 6 a few years back it’s the times we live in where participation isn’t as high now

Reactions: ATT

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wendog. It doesnt affect our junior academies or junior reps. Dogs will pick their players from the 12 local clubs, Parra will pick theirs from their 20 something local clubs. It does not give either districts access to the others juniors.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs is average comp except for st christophers so it will give dogs a foot up with Mountys, StChristopers and Frank Pritchard being at Cabbra. Will improve dogs. Not sure the benifits to Parra
St George Dragons and East Hills are competitive. Also St John’s and Berala.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Funny how things evolve. Growing up I played in both districts Campbelltown and Canterbury. Both in first division, the Campbelltown comp was much stronger when I played and way more depth!!

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
St George Dragons and East Hills are competitive. Also St John’s and Berala.
Nah bro all depends man.

You might have one club for example strong under14 team, but piss weak under16

There is not one strong juniour club per say in the canterbury comp,

Life_of_League

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parra Comp struggled this year for teams in all ages that we are combining with, before Covid stopped the comp altogether.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Parra Comp struggled this year for teams in all ages that we are combining with, before Covid stopped the comp altogether.
Not the younger age groups they didnt
It always drops off from 15/16’s upwards.
What it will do is give more competition and that can only be a positive

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not the younger age groups they didnt
It always drops off from 15/16’s upwards.
What it will do is give more competition and that can only be a positive
Once kids hit 16-18 if they kids dont make the bulldogs team they just quit lol. Kids thinks its a easy ride but its gets way harder as kids get older

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Still penrith i assume mate
Apparently Penrith got barred from having trials against us. Don't know the reason, just got mentioned at Wenty's coaching meeting last night.

We will be trialling against Canterbury teams.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Apparently Penrith got barred from having trials against us. Don't know the reason, just got mentioned at Wenty's coaching meeting last night.

We will be trialling against Canterbury teams.
really ok, we start training tonight so i will find out if it is our club also

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How many teams will be in this combined comp now?