parra and canterbury combine

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve heard that this combination is a result of dwindling junior numbers… a lot of teams are struggling to fill opens sides. Has anyone else heard this?

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve heard that this combination is a result of dwindling junior numbers… a lot of teams are struggling to fill opens sides. Has anyone else heard this?
as kids get older if they dont make development squads they just give up lol, mostly starts around under 15-16, kids get into hsc years, work, cars, girls and footy is secondary

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have heard of a catdog

1644396591285.png

and I've seen a cofused dog and a confused cat

1644396707359.png

But this is just ridiculous......the mythical two headed Eeldog. :grinning:

1644396828703.png

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
it has always been the way as kids get to 14/15 and on they either stay in the sport or they get jobs and find other pathways.
as an example 14's division one parramatta district , which my son played last year had 7 teams.
Div 2 had i think had roughly the same but Div 3, and there is a massive difference to Div 3 kids, only had 4 teams.
So the merge will ensure there is at least 8 or 10 teams per division. Not sure how they are going to work tho in terms of how many teams from either district play division 1 or 2 etc. In division 1 last year we were currently 5th, but only 3 points of second place. Going to be alot of regrading i assume after the 6 or 7 weeks to sort the comps out.
The biggest winners are the 16's and 17's where there only 4 teams in each age group. Alot of the rep players from matts etc arent allowed to come back and play for their clubs which is fucking stupid.
When i was playing, mind you 30 years or so ago, we would play matts, ball etc and then back up and play for Wenty on the sunday, thats how is should be, so the lesser players get to play with the better players, thats how they learn.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it has always been the way as kids get to 14/15 and on they either stay in the sport or they get jobs and find other pathways.
as an example 14's division one parramatta district , which my son played last year had 7 teams.
Div 2 had i think had roughly the same but Div 3, and there is a massive difference to Div 3 kids, only had 4 teams.
So the merge will ensure there is at least 8 or 10 teams per division. Not sure how they are going to work tho in terms of how many teams from either district play division 1 or 2 etc. In division 1 last year we were currently 5th, but only 3 points of second place. Going to be alot of regrading i assume after the 6 or 7 weeks to sort the comps out.
The biggest winners are the 16's and 17's where there only 4 teams in each age group. Alot of the rep players from matts etc arent allowed to come back and play for their clubs which is fucking stupid.
When i was playing, mind you 30 years or so ago, we would play matts, ball etc and then back up and play for Wenty on the sunday, thats how is should be, so the lesser players get to play with the better players, thats how they learn.
Matt’s this year is 8 rounds all those players should be back by round 1 anyway

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Matt’s this year is 8 rounds all those players should be back by round 1 anyway
its 9 rounds but lets hope so unless the clubs dont want them to play, that is the problem. It definitely harms the quality of the competition thats for sure. the juniors start the week after easter, so the top4 teams in semi's and GF would not play first rounds

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
its 9 rounds but lets hope so unless the clubs dont want them to play, that is the problem. It definitely harms the quality of the competition thats for sure. the juniors start the week after easter, so the top4 teams in semi's and GF would not play first rounds
O YEAH i didnt include the byes

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first saw this I thought we were merging and almost had a stroke!