Paps re-signs with storm

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
News doing the rounds tonight
Length deal new millionaire with the storm
Ofcourse.

They were always going to resign 4 of the 5 and Smith was always likely to leave.

Only spanner in the works would be if Storm release Grant instead of Smith because there is no way they can afford all 5.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ofcourse.

They were always going to resign 4 of the 5 and Smith was always likely to leave.

Only spanner in the works would be if Storm release Grant instead of Smith because there is no way they can afford all 5.
They should keep Smith and release Grant.

Grant has a higher ceiling but has been injury prone so far. Smith is more consistent and is great for team morale.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ryan Papenhuyzen set to extend Melbourne Storm stay on bumper new deal
By WWOS staff - 5 minutes ago
Melbourne Storm's Craig Bellamy is the greatest coach in rugby league history, Andrew Johns says.

Ryan Papenhuyzen is set to remain at the Melbourne Storm after reportedly signing a monster contract extension with the club.
According to News Corp reports, Papenhuyzen's three-year deal is "worth more than $2 million" and will vault him into the NRL's upper echelon of earners.
Papenhuyzen's signature continues a big week of re-signings for the reigning NRL premiers, after coach Craig Bellamy signed a long-term deal to remain in Melbourne after overtures from both the Broncos and Sharks.
The 23-year-old joins a raft of Storm stars to be locked away long term, with Jahrome Hughes signed through 2024, while Cameron Munster and Harry Grant have deals that will run through 2023.
MORE TO COME

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They should keep Smith and release Grant.

Grant has a higher ceiling but has been injury prone so far. Smith is more consistent and is great for team morale.
They don't need to, they will keep both for another year and then make a decision if they're forced to.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh well good on them… less money to resign others now.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well done to the Storm... recruited Papenhuyzen from the hapless Tigers, developed him into one of the best fullbacks in the game and now he takes unders to remain at the club

I'm jealous
100% mate

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They don't need to, they will keep both for another year and then make a decision if they're forced to.
That's what I was talking about. Re-sign Smith and get rid of Grant at the end of next year.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's what I was talking about. Re-sign Smith and get rid of Grant at the end of next year.
I hope and also the new Brisbane team isn’t coming apperantly till 2024 now so Yh that’s another good news for us if we are targeting grant behind the scences

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes another uneducated source from @Nasheed , i said from day 1 it was bullshit and he wasn’t signing.
But as we know nasheed is a fraud

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well done to the Storm... recruited Papenhuyzen from the hapless Tigers, developed him into one of the best fullbacks in the game and now he takes unders to remain at the club

I'm jealous
Ur right mate look at remis smith shit here then when he went to Melbourne he turned into one of the best Centres right now and everyone at the dogs was saying he was a winger not a centre and I reckon in a few years is is gonna be in the top 5 best 5 centres because of Craig Bellamys smartness I wish that old rumour that we were in discussions with him was true but na even if we were talking to him no way he will come here and also watch Meaney become a star fullback l

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm jealous
Unders plus 'independent' 3rd party kickers - taken a leaf out of the Roosters & Broncos playbook.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at a "monster deal" supposedly around 700k per season. Obviously getting a little more from elsewhere, it's not hard when the NRLol allows 'non-club affiliated' deals and payments to go through unchecked.