Panthers stockpiling / holding back talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was just having a look at the Panthers side, as well as who they have retained, and it got me thinking as to if they are deliberately stockpiling and holding back talent from other clubs.

Keep in mind they have the Rugby League academy out there at Penrith, and have first picks of any talent coming through, but that stilll hasn't stopped them signing talent from elsewhere.

I understand like all sides they have to retain players for Top 30, but check out the depth they have. Enough for almost two first grade sides.

Fullback:
20 FB Aekins (2020)
22 FB Edwards (2020)

Wing:
Phillips and Crichton departing
22 W/FB DWZ (2020)
28 W Mansour (2021)
Sivo

Centre:
28 C/W/FB Whare (2022)
23 C Blake (2019)
22 C/FB McGrady (2020)
C Cartwright

Halves:
FE/HB May (2020)
Maloney
Cleary
Luai

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Panthers want to hold onto good players? Big if true.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where’s Phillips going? Do you have a source? I’ll have to DEBUNK IT IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT SOURCE.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Panthers want to hold onto good players? Big if true.
Point is they pretty much have 2 first grade backlines. Surely not all are going to want to waste in NSW Cup (and they'll be stupidly strong there next year).

Where’s Phillips going? Do you have a source? I’ll have to DEBUNK IT IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT SOURCE.
I meant Phillips is off contract.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just having a look at the Panthers side, as well as who they have retained, and it got me thinking as to if they are deliberately stockpiling and holding back talent from other clubs.

Keep in mind they have the Rugby League academy out there at Penrith, and have first picks of any talent coming through, but that stilll hasn't stopped them signing talent from elsewhere.

I understand like all sides they have to retain players for Top 30, but check out the depth they have. Enough for almost two first grade sides.

Fullback:
20 FB Aekins (2020)
22 FB Edwards (2020)

Wing:
22 W/FB DWZ (2020)
28 W Mansour (2021)
Sivo

Centre:
28 C/W/FB Whare (2022)
23 C Blake (2019)
22 C/FB McGrady (2020)
C Cartwright

Halves:
FE/HB May (2020)
Maloney
Cleary
Luai
Not sure if this thread is serious. First of all it’s now their problem if other sides can’t access their talent and second of all that backline isn’t that super strong to warrant such a comment.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Point is they pretty much have 2 first grade backlines. Surely not all are going to want to waste in NSW Cup (and they'll be stupidly strong there next year).

I meant Phillips is off contract.
Dallins brother joining them pretty much confirmed Phillps to reserves or being moved

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would love to get 3 players off them. Luai, Hetherington, Leota. I think Moses committed to them recently, but the other 2... (insert herbert the pervert mmmm noises)

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fullback:
20 FB Aekins (2020)
22 FB Edwards (2020)

Wing:
22 W/FB DWZ (2020)
28 W Mansour (2021)
Sivo

Centre:
28 C/W/FB Whare (2022)
23 C Blake (2019)
22 C/FB McGrady (2020)
C Cartwright

Halves:
FE/HB May (2020)
Maloney
Cleary
Luai
Thats how you assemble a roster.. theyre in their with a decent shot at the premiership but their depth is awesome

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Panthers have strong lower grades. So their depth players are players other clubs would start. Its what all clubs strive for. Good luck to them. Until this year we had a fg coach who didnt even know the lower grades existed. That didnt help us be like the panthers.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an example of where our board needs to get us too.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I fucking hate gus Gould but he knows what it takes to win a premiership well done the Panthers

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give us some credit we've been stockpiling players too, who cares if they are mainly duds!!!! :grinning: I've lowered my expectations so much during this season that our coach and our team have exceeded theirs. :tired:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I fucking hate gus Gould but he knows what it takes to win a premiership well done the Panthers
he knows how to almost win a premiership, he tried for so many years at the roosters and now at penrith

stockpiling is not the way to win a title, you need to put the best 17 on the park to win a title like the cowboys did or the storm do

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They will have to make some tough decisions soon around May and Luai...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Always said you need two good teams to win a comp, injuries are inevitable.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It burns me with the hugh Junior base Penrith have the still bring players for a far like Kikau from Fiji.
But then with hasler and ther fat pie eater, (enough said).

Status
Not open for further replies.