News PANTHERS LIKELY TO LOSE BURTON + BARRET NOT OFFERING TOLMAN A CONTRACT

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Teams change so often your friends could all be at manly and Canberra in two years.

Nrl players see their colleagues as the entire nrl now.
Yeah but they are pretty much all contracted to the Panthers NOW.

I cant think if anything betteras a player tbh, playing League with your mates that you have grown up playing with AND winning.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to Vienna once but I can't justify going again. It was ok, but more just museums and theatres and all that.
Salzburg on the other hand is somewhere I need to go again. It's the surrounding towns that make the place. It's pure Europe.
Great cake and coffee in Vienna; and the Hapsburg tombs are worth a visit. Good rail museum just out of town - the Heizhaus.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but they are pretty much all contracted to the Panthers NOW.

I cant think if anything betteras a player tbh, playing League with your mates that you have grown up playing with AND winning.
The thing is he's not really part of that side...that's our advantage. Yes he's in the top 30 and he trains with the boys everyday but because he's not in the top 17 he wont really feel like he's part of their success.

There is no way Burton is going to take a spot off Cleary or Luai in the next 2-3 years. Also, isn't their current lock, Yeo I think, on the verge of Origin selection? Is he really going to take his spot anytime soon? Plus their other backrowers are guns so where the hell would he even fit into that 17?

If he wants to stay at Penrith he has to get used to playing CC or hoping for an injury, whereas he can walk into out side, or any other side, in his preferred position, while earning a hefty pay rise.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cleary came out again and said that they want to try and convert Burton into a ball playing second rower or lock. Make of that what you will..
Wonder who they drop, Kikau, Yeo, or Martin? All of them have been fantastic this season...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Faster than a speeding bullet,
travelling at the speed of light was our XPT lol
lets hope that our beloved bulldogs stay on track to success from this point onwards.
we definitely don’t need no more derailments.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories or fake news. The Gates foundation has done more good for the world than any government.
Fake news doesn't go before supreme courts!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree in principle but this is only part of the problem the game is having
I have always believed in protecting the game from greedy administrators and players
* Players who intend on breaking contracts should be allowed to earn only what they are on for the remainder of that contract at the new club.
* Players misbehaving ( off field ) at their current clubs should severely be dealt with and not easily allowed back at another club, it would stop players purposely doing it to force their exists from their clubs.
* Transfer fees should be introduced for protecting and rewarding clubs doing the right thing especially upbringing young talent.
* TPAs, the rorting system that divides all clubs should be upgraded to equally benefit all clubs...
I have the solution, first the NRL must form a committee of 16 members one from each club to representing and work together to create TPAs...stops the bigest fraud in the game ""clubs have nothing to do with TPAs "" :rage:
ONLY If the National Rorting league truly care for equally balanced competition and the survival of all clubs...
Only if Politis agrees to it, but in the mean time don't hold your breath.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d suggest it’ll be a matter of cap pressure for the Pennies, not change of mind. Translation: they may not have a choice, depending on who else they want to keep/upgrade. You can’t keep ‘em all and fortunately we’re now in a position to swoop having spent three years in purgatory.
"You can't keep them all"? Try telling that to the Roostes - They can keep them all and then some.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Panthers will probably make him see out his contract, looks like he's accepted that already.

We might have to sign a stop gap for one year, surely we don;t go into 2021 with Wakeham and Lewis.
That's why we signed green.
He is the stop gap.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

I noted an ad for an anti-vaccination site accompanying the article, which is actually copied from an economic reporter. I think I'll wait until there are evidence based facts. I hear too much from anti-vaxxers, anti maskers, and extreme right wing "patriots" about the evils of the Gates Foundation; but I'd rather hear from accredited medical journals.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The worlds friend Bill Gates one of if not the biggest donater to Antifa on the planet

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
"You can't keep them all"? Try telling that to the Roostes - They can keep them all and then some.
Robinson said there needs to be a second tier comp within the bubble next season if the NRL can't get the comps running. I translated it too, I have an aging roster in some positions and I really fucking need a read on who I can poach.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I noted an ad for an anti-vaccination site accompanying the article, which is actually copied from an economic reporter. I think I'll wait until there are evidence based facts. I hear too much from anti-vaxxers, anti maskers, and extreme right wing "patriots" about the evils of the Gates Foundation; but I'd rather hear from accredited medical journals.
Unfortunately the medical industry is more interested in the pay offs than what is best more humanity these days. As we saw when Trump said that Hydroxychloroquine was useful in treating COVID-19. As soon as he said that it was banned in several states & the "medical journals" said it didn't work & would kill people. Thanks to that tens of thousands of people died & suffered unnecessarily. Corruption is everywhere.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the medical industry is more interested in the pay offs than what is best more humanity these days. As we saw when Trump said that Hydroxychloroquine was useful in treating COVID-19. As soon as he said that it was banned in several states & the "medical journals" said it didn't work & would kill people. Thanks to that tens of thousands of people died & suffered unnecessarily. Corruption is everywhere.
Unsupervised, any medication can be lethal. After Trump made that announcement one person self administered the product, and died. I would expect the medical journals and state health authorities to act after that.

If there was a simple cure the pharmacy companies and medicos would be making millions selling it around the country - the fact that they aren't tells me that there is no safe medication available. Trump has no medical qualifications.