News PANTHERS LIKELY TO LOSE BURTON + BARRET NOT OFFERING TOLMAN A CONTRACT

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just bring in a transfer system like in soccer. Any club that wants Burton would pay Penrith a transfer fee. That way Penrith get compensated for developing Burton.
That freely happens as is.
The riff can block an early release until they get a bit of green/Benjamin's for doing so

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's under contract next year. What don't you understand? No club is compelled to let a player go early. We let CHN go because we know we fucked up in our duty of care. It was either let him go or be sued. Come November, we can approach Burton NOT BEFORE.
We can talk to him til the cows come home (not withstanding any handshakes from Baz with the Pennies), but we cannot offer a contract or table an amount before Nov 1

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Their farms are so organised and tidy. Not a blade of grass or wood stack out of order or unison.

We had a laugh comparing to Australian farming properties lol
The wood piles are amazing. So perfect you don't want to take a single log out in case it ruins the look.
I get a lot of farmers on my tours, and they all comment on the soil and neatness of the properties. You can run a dairy with a dozen cows because the government subsidises primary industries - it sees them as an essential part of Swiss life.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The wood piles are amazing. So perfect you don't want to take a single log out in case it ruins the look.
I get a lot of farmers on my tours, and they all comment on the soil and neatness of the properties. You can run a dairy with a dozen cows because the government subsidises primary industries - it sees them as an essential part of Swiss life.
Is u Swiss ?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is u Swiss ?
No, Aussie from convict stock. My forebears settled Punchbowl - Bonds Road is named after them.
I'm a rail historian, and host rail tours for my mate, Scott McGregor. I run two tours per year in Switzerland, then go up to Far North Qld to run a tour from the Gulf down to Cairns on the Gulflander and Savannahlander trains. I'm starting another tour next May, going out by train to Longreach, then exploring the dinosaur sites in detail, around Winton and Hughenden.

If you're up early on September 30, tune in to ABC 702 around 4.20am and you'll hear me talking with Trevor Chappel about rail journeys in Oz.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a very niche interest, but I've heard it is popular in America.
For example, the Delphi murders in Indiana has been speculated to be the work of a railway enthusiast, because It occurred On the Monon high bridge, which has historical significance to railway enthusiasts, and the killer was seen and even videotaped (I'm serious) yet they can't identify him. So on reddit they are saying it's a rail enthusiast who blew in!
Might be worth having a squiz @Chris Harding, maybe you know the guy. There's a 250k US reward so cash in !

I chill in Switzerland a few times a year hence why I asked. Even though I'm gravitating to the Salzburg area of Austria for the same Swiss vibe since it's cheaper, why I asked if u were Swiss

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cleary came out again and said that they want to try and convert Burton into a ball playing second rower or lock. Make of that what you will..

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleary came out again and said that they want to try and convert Burton into a ball playing second rower or lock. Make of that what you will..
Yeah I read that yesterday. Much of a nothing quote really - he said they spoke about it a few years ago, he compared him to John Sutton. Again, Penrith may want to do it but the most important question is does he want to do it. If he's been a 5/8 his whole career, would he really want to give that up to become a lock just to stay at Penrith? Seems like a bit of a downgrade to me (in terms of pay and position)

According to Finchie and Nasheed, were talking to him which is a good sign. Plus the fact that we've only offered Green a 1 year deal hopefully mean we've got him at least for 2022

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I read that yesterday. Much of a nothing quote really - he said they spoke about it a few years ago, he compared him to John Sutton. Again, Penrith may want to do it but the most important question is does he want to do it. If he's been a 5/8 his whole career, would he really want to give that up to become a lock just to stay at Penrith? Seems like a bit of a downgrade to me (in terms of pay and position)

According to Finchie and Nasheed, were talking to him which is a good sign. Plus the fact that we've only offered Green a 1 year deal hopefully mean we've got him at least for 2022
You would think he'd rather play in the halves but you never know.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a very niche interest, but I've heard it is popular in America.
For example, the Delphi murders in Indiana has been speculated to be the work of a railway enthusiast, because It occurred On the Monon high bridge, which has historical significance to railway enthusiasts, and the killer was seen and even videotaped (I'm serious) yet they can't identify him. So on reddit they are saying it's a rail enthusiast who blew in!
Might be worth having a squiz @Chris Harding, maybe you know the guy. There's a 250k US reward so cash in !

I chill in Switzerland a few times a year hence why I asked. Even though I'm gravitating to the Salzburg area of Austria for the same Swiss vibe since it's cheaper, why I asked if u were Swiss
People with rail interest include Bill Gates, the late Steve Jobs, Rod Stewart (
), Frank Sinatra, Phil Collins, and my late friend Tim Fischer, who gave me a private tour of the Vatican Railway Station. We are a peaceful lot, and don't go around hurting people.

Salzburg is a very nice town. The rail journey from Zurich is spectacular (you even go through Lichtenstein); and First Class on the Rail Jet train is well worth the extra cost. Vienna is also a great place to visit, and not too far from Salzburg.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to Vienna once but I can't justify going again. It was ok, but more just museums and theatres and all that.
Salzburg on the other hand is somewhere I need to go again. It's the surrounding towns that make the place. It's pure Europe.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely stupid if Burton believes them lol. Already have Yeo, Kikau and Martin locking those spots down. The scary thing now is with Kikau and Yeo out it's a perfect opportunity for Penrith to create the illusion that it's a genuine option for him. Hopefully his manager pushes him in the opposite direction.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If they r faircdinkum kets go for kinau

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to stay a half. Halves get more money and better chance of Dally N medals

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely stupid if Burton believes them lol. Already have Yeo, Kikau and Martin locking those spots down. The scary thing now is with Kikau and Yeo out it's a perfect opportunity for Penrith to create the illusion that it's a genuine option for him. Hopefully his manager pushes him in the opposite direction.
Also let's expose them.

If they say Burton is in their plans as a second rower. We sniff out the second rowers. If they keep shifting then we keep sniffing until we expose who ISNT in their plans, then pounce !

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People with rail interest include Bill Gates, the late Steve Jobs, Rod Stewart (
), Frank Sinatra, Phil Collins, and my late friend Tim Fischer, who gave me a private tour of the Vatican Railway Station. We are a peaceful lot, and don't go around hurting people.

Salzburg is a very nice town. The rail journey from Zurich is spectacular (you even go through Lichtenstein); and First Class on the Rail Jet train is well worth the extra cost. Vienna is also a great place to visit, and not too far from Salzburg.
take Bill Gates off that list of not hurting people

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lock money isn't a halfback money, but being in a winning team and your mates is worth something too.

I never used to think much of Luai, but hes been really good this year.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lock money isn't a halfback money, but being in a winning team and your mates is worth something too.

I never used to think much of Luai, but hes been really good this year.
Nasheed here,
Teams change so often your friends could all be at manly and Canberra in two years.

Nrl players see their colleagues as the entire nrl now.