Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Panthers happy to release Maloney to ESL.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Quality player,would bring enormous value to the team,good kicking game,young guys would certainly learn from him.
Most overrated player in the Comp.lazy in defence inconsistent.if he was that good all those clubs would have kept him.no secret Bellamy let him go cause he was a shit trainer.
Definite NO

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Misses a lot of tackles and gives away too many penalties. Was hailed as the saviour of the Panthers after having positive influence at his previous clubs but that has not eventuated. Eleven years and five clubs........No thank you, even if he can kick goals. Has had a shocker of a year in 2019.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Panthers were smart they'd release Clown Coach Cleary

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Panthers were smart they'd release Clown Coach Cleary
I remember kennel members blowing up because we didnt sign Cleary when given the opportunity .. at least Pay isnt struggling with a team on paper that should be top 4 LOL. and pay is probs 500k a season cheaper .. (disclaimer : im not defending Pays coaching LOL)

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have signed him instead of Foran could have had him for 800k and can kick and although he is older stays on the field more then the 1.2 million dolllar dud in Foran
I wouldn’t sign him now cause a longer term option is the way forward

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We should have signed him instead of Foran could have had him for 800k and can kick and although he is older stays on the field more then the 1.2 million dolllar dud in Foran
I wouldn’t sign him now cause a longer term option is the way forward
Foran is a better player (when fit) than Maloney in my opinion.

Foran attacks the line far better.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Maloney is in good form, the good things he does outweigh all the shit (penalties, missed tackles etc). Of course, when he's not in form there are no good things so all that if left is all the shit.

Let SL have him

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is a better player (when fit) than Maloney in my opinion.

Foran attacks the line far better.
The problem with Foran he is a hard mother fucker always putting his body on the line we need him on the paddock for Rest of the year

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-j...h-temper/18a6d257-b967-49fe-840b-c08cb36b1c9d

Don't be surprised if rugby league's best 'Mr Fix-it' - James Maloney - makes a return to the NRL in 2021.

Maloney's NRL career looked to be over when he jetted out to France with his family to join Catalans on a three-year Super League contract late last year.

But just four games into Maloney's new deal, COVID-19 shut down Super League and its future remains clouded.

Meanwhile, a host of NRL clubs - headed by the Titans, Broncos, Bulldogs, Warriors and Dragons - have problems in the halves that Maloney could fix.

On his way back?