Panthers give Staines permission to test market as Tigers and Dogs circle

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Last week it was mentioned 550k now it's 700k. There is no way on this planet he is on that. We have missed so many players because the committee don't want to pay overs. Before anyone jumps at me cotric is a good buy . He is a good fullback, top class winger and huge upside playing in centres. Not overs for what he can offer where DWZ is and always was a decent level winger.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Barrett connection. We need a FB. Do it.
Is he good ? Or just a one hit wonder with the four tries?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He reminds me a lot of Alex Johnston. Not that it’s a bad thing. And I must confess I haven’t seen too much of him (besides his first game of NRL). Is he a player that can create his own try’s? Or is he a finisher?

Either way. Always risky with an unproven kid. Could turn out like Ponga. Or could be the next brad abbey

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Butterfingers is on 700 a season hahah fmd just when you thought things were on the up in this club

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe we can do a switch up and get Dylan Edwards instead

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully rather than being just linked to every player we can actually sign some now we have sorted out the coaching future.

300k sounds like a good gamble with Hoppa and Cotric as centres and if we're stuck with DWZ he can play on the wing.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone even seen him play fullback. Does he have a passing game?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
WHO TF THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO PAY THIS FLOG $ 700K A SEASON? LOLLLLLLL AND THE WHOLE TIME THE BOARD AND DWZ CAMP PLAYED THE COFFEE WITH PAY AND FAMILY CLUB CARD! IT WAS THE MEGA OFFER OF $700K THAT BLEW THE TIGERS AWAY
DWZ's form at the end of last year has tricked the board into thinking he's a top fullback after the premium fullbacks. I really don't think he's on 700k, it just can't be true. Even somewhere between 500-600k is too much tho.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Having Barrett as coach gives us a huge advantage with Staines or any other Penrith players like Burton etc.

We also have the cap space and starting positions to offer. I have faith in Barrett's ability to recruit players and this will be a test of how much influence he has. 300k would be an absolute steal for a player of his ability.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Hoppa at fullback for his passing game so hopefully if we land Stains that’s something he has in his skill set or at least the ability to develop it in first grade.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'd be stupid to not pay the 300k for Staines. Two year deal with a third in our favour would be the best bet.

Reactions: ATT

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's between us and the Tigers surely we'll get him. Tigers are as bad as we are without Grant but we have the advantage of having Baz. If we get Staines, our odds of getting Burton would probably double

If the Panthers are wiling to release him what about Burton? They have May as a backup but if they want a second backup, we can reluctantly give them Lewis. That's a fair trade:blush:

Not sure if he has a passing game but that can be developed under Baz.

I trust Baz when it comes to signing the spine players. He would know Staines and Burton's games inside out so if wants them, I'm happy with that