Panthers Arrogance

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The Penrith hate on here is childish. They are a top team while we are a laughing stock. The disrespect of Cleary is really childish as well, a top halfback who has his team firing, he is also strong defensively.

Trying to discredit what they've achieved and what they continue to do by calling them chokers is straight up embarrassing.
Yep.
Theres a term i coined years ago.
'Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones'.

What this means is we are hardly in a place to call a team chokers, when we are vulnerable ourselves.
We choke against the spooners, they choked against the Storm.
And their coach and a bunch of they players is ours now.

Why cant we just be happy for them and admire what they are achieving?

They have had it tough since 2003. and before that, 1991, Let them have their day. Nasheed.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's fine to be a little arrogant when you have earned it, but you will win FAR more people over if you show respect to your opponents. Grabbing Tapine was a potential DESaster & I hope Cleary had a word to them about dragging in opponents like that. It was disrespectful & could turn things into a powder keg. What would have happened if Crichton had grabbed the wrong opponent & he belted Crichton for it? It would have been an all in brawl like the Melbourne V Manly thing.

I have FAR more respect for actions like Josh Jackson did with Momirovski when he missed that goal against us. It showed a LOT of character & good sportsmanship.

WHEN we get back to where we should be, I hope we are more Jackson like rather than Crichton like. If players from my club had done that, I would have contacted the club to stamp it out immediately. It reflects poorly on the club & we know how much the media would love to give it to us if we did it. We have to be more careful than other clubs because of the megalomaniacs in the media.

Malla

Reaction score
The Penrith hate on here is childish. They are a top team while we are a laughing stock. The disrespect of Cleary is really childish as well, a top halfback who has his team firing, he is also strong defensively.

Trying to discredit what they've achieved and what they continue to do by calling them chokers is straight up embarrassing.
We can hate and discredit whoever we want champion but where did this come from? The thread was to say that the media hating on Penrith and labellng them arrogant is rubbish.

Go Dogs

Malla

Reaction score
Yep.
Theres a term i coined years ago.
'Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones'.

What this means is we are hardly in a place to call a team chokers, when we are vulnerable ourselves.
We choke against the spooners, they choked against the Storm.
And their coach and a bunch of they players is ours now.

Why cant we just be happy for them and admire what they are achieving?

They have had it tough since 2003. and before that, 1991, Let them have their day. Nasheed.
Welcome back racist

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mase was right tho, fuck Gibbs. He started it all and Ogre just finished him off. Mase was just reminding Gibbs he done fucked up.
100%.
Not really. Comes across as hate because we're not the media darling Roosters or Kent and Crawley's Raiders.
what was with the trainer being mobbed for the teamsong after the game? Was pretty cute. Some milestone or did he tell clearly to pop that fg??

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally - this is allllllllllllllllllll on Ivan Cleary.

When approached about it, he took it personal, got on the defensive and made excuses.

Had he said something along the lines of -"It wasn't a good look for the game. Crichton knows he is in the wrong, and the NRL have fairly punished him for it. We will be better for it" - then this would not be an issue.

Nip it in the bud early and don't let it fester. All it looks like now is they're a bunch of sooks.

PS - After Burtons post try celebration, I hate that cu.nt until November 1st

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good luck to them. Go hard with try celebrations.

It was only dragging in opponents and causing an all in, patting heads, lairizing in faces etc that didn't appear sportsmanlike, that drew all the bad publicity for them.

They didnt do it last night, directly to their opponents and NRL fans just enjoyed the playfulness not the smartar$e attitude.

I hope they enjoy their footy for the rest of the year and the public can enjoy watching them as well.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So hoping that Bronks smacked them nice last night. Bronks had opportunities in good position but smoked them...too bad because at some stages they looked a chance.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone says they've earnt the right but they haven't won a comp.. At least we won a comp and would have won another in 2002 to be that cocky..

Win first, then talk shit. Until then they're just another 2001 Parra team. Dominant in the regular season but choke in the finals.

I still think Melbourne and Souths will have their number in the finals..

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
the canberra thing was kinda was kinda twattish, but i dont have an issue with them per se

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They have won six in a row with one of most inexperienced rosters in the comp. They are making established stars look like park players.

Good on them.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am old school, I dislike try celebrations. Fair enough they do them, but don't drag an opposition player into it, like they did last week.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100%.

what was with the trainer being mobbed for the teamsong after the game? Was pretty cute. Some milestone or did he tell clearly to pop that fg??
It was his last game with us as he'd taken up a job with the NRL.

To top it off Canberra fined $10000 for trainer touching JFH.

Crichton started it, instigated a team melee and his fine is $1350.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/04/...-is-inconsistent-incompetent-and-disgraceful/
Probably a lot worse for club employees to get involved like that than player on player action.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It was his last game with us as he'd taken up a job with the NRL.

Probably a lot worse for club employees to get involved like that than player on player action.
Yes it was silly and ill advised but where's the natural justice and optics of the thing.

The arrogant guy who starts the rubbish is fined $1350? Initiates a ruckus with an opposition player not even in the field of play and it spills over towards the home crowd sideline bc the dumb players team mates all rush in causing the Raiders to rush in and escalates.

No way the trainer should have been involved and congrats to JFH for not escalating it further.

But this is another example of reactive and dumb NRLol decisions which look out of wrack.

The fine should have been no worse than Crightons or they both should be $5000 with an official sanction.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes it was silly and ill advised but where's the natural justice and optics of the thing.

The arrogant guy who starts the rubbish is fined $1350? Initiates a ruckus with an opposition player not even in the field of play and it spills over towards the home crowd sideline bc the dumb players team mates all rush in causing the Raiders to rush in and escalates.

No way the trainer should have been involved and congrats to JFH for not escalating it further.

But this is another example of reactive and dumb NRLol decisions which look out of wrack.

The fine should have been no worse than Crightons or they both should be $5000 with an official sanction.
That's the issue people want equity where it doesn't belong. The worse offence was fined accordingly.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the issue people want equity where it doesn't belong. The worse offence was fined accordingly.
I am far from a Panthers fan but this is the biggest beat up bro. Crichton was just being a cheeky smart ass, like many players have been for generations. Who cares. Call it cocky or whatever but for people to bring up the old days like they were all good sports is rubbish. End of the day, the Canberra trainer was most at fault. A non player getting involved in anything should never hapoen

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wouldnt have happened if Crichton hadnt acted like a goose.

Thats the problem these days, people dont have mindfulness of the consequences of their actions.
I think it was blown out of proportion myself i think the arrogance charge was blown up too. They acted disrespectful to the opposition but that in itself is not hangable. Most successful teams do it. The NSW hand genade incident just made Qld more determined and worked against NSW.

My thing is the NRL over react. Or if they want to punish its got to be the guy who instigates it, starts it and causes all the disrepute, gets at least the same penalty as anyone else who acted in that melee he caused. In fact I think there should have been a public statement instead by the NRLol instead of fines....and our $20,000 incident with Lewis as well. It just causes more bad publicity and league supporters to get upset with the way the game is run.

AFL dont carry on with all this flotsam and jetsam.

No way minimising what the trainer did but the guy who started it, so that it got out of hand, can not get a tap on the wrist and carry on with boy band washing of hands :grinning:
Anyway just my opinion and the way I see it.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate, in 2019 I loved watching the Raiders go around as they played great football. In 2020 I enjoyed watching the Panthers for the same reason - your mob looked like they enjoyed playing with each other and it showed - very entertaining - great fun!
I was actually hoping for a Panthers 2020 GF victory to, in part, break the Easts/Storm duopoly as it's not good for rugby league in general!

As a 'westy' - good luck to you (never Parramatta!)! ;)