Social Media Pangai to be sacked

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If he goes to storm it shows why they are where they are and why we are where we are. Unbelievable.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully bs about how Joey and Freddy said he be good there.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy that told me is a storm fan and is cousins with brandon smith so not sure if he heard from his cuz or just social media so not sure how accurate fyi
More importantly if your source is Brandon Smith's cousin, ask him if the rumour of Smith signing with us is true. That's a MUCH more important signing

TPJ would be good but he's too much of a risk when you factor in suspensions and the fact that he only has a few good games a year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
More importantly if your source is Brandon Smith's cousin, ask him if the rumour of Smith signing with us is true. That's a MUCH more important signing

TPJ would be good but he's too much of a risk when you factor in suspensions and the fact that he only has a few good games a year.
He loves the storm my mate so hell be telling him to stay

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ is lazy only plays one good game every 10....

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope we steer far away from this bloke to be honest, 6 offences, multiple games missed due to stupid shit on the field and a ridiculous price tag for someone who's barely achieved anything in the game. the blokes ego is hugely inflated and for the chance of him playing 1 good game in 10 like he does now i'd pass

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we should stop worrying about if he signed with us or not. As he isn’t released yet. And NRL still need to add there adjudication, Since it’s not Dogs they will bar anyone else signing him ,I believe.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pangai 'no guarantee' to be registered in 2021

Tevita Pangai Junior is not guaranteed to be registered by the NRL for 2021 should the Broncos successfully have his $650,000-a-season contract torn up.
Pangai Jr has sought legal representation in his bid to be reinstated after he was fined $30,000 and stood down by the Broncos and the NRL for a string of biosecurity breaches.

The NRL are reportedly "filthy" with how the 24-year-old conducted himself in a probe with the Integrity Unit in which he reportedly admitted to breaching biosecurity restrictions on five occasions and gave no guarantee he wouldn't do it again.
There's a school of thought that Pangai Jr is acting out in a bid to secure a move to a rival club, most notably the Roosters, a rumour which chairman Nick Politis recently shot down despite taking a phone call from the forward.
a close up of Tevita Pangai Junior: Tevita Pangai Junior will lock horns with the NRl and Broncos in a bid to be reinstated. (Getty)

But Pangai Jr's disillusion with Brisbane could be the least of his worries after The Sydney Morning Herald chief sports writer Andrew Webster revealed the enforcer could be barred from playing in 2021 via an NRL decision not to register a new contract.
"I'm don't know what his endgame is but it's a pretty silly one because as I understand it the NRL are pretty filthy with the way that his interview went with the Integrity Unit," Webster told Nine's 100% Footy.
"I don't think he is guaranteed of getting a contract registered at the start of next year.
"I can't believe when he got interviewed by the NRL Integrity Unit last week he said that he had not just breached the biosecurity five times but also said he couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't do It again. That's the whole reason why they said you're not playing again for the rest of the year.
"The Broncos think that they're on pretty firm ground. There's been five actual breaches of those biosecurity measures that prompted the NRL to stand him down.
"So I don't know if it's a question of whether they should sack him, I think they will sack him."
Brisbane's board is also in the process of serving a breach-of-contract notice that could lead to the 24-year-old's dismissal from his deal which expires in 2022.
However, Phil Gould noted that Pangai Jr was not the only player acting up at the club, claiming the enforcer was the face of a broader rift currently tearing through the Broncos' playing ranks and contributing to their off-field dramas.
a close up of Tevita Pangai Junior with a football ball
© Getty Tevita Pangai Junior
"The rumour has been out of there for a number of months that there is an element within the player ranks at the Broncos that is very disruptive," Gould said.
"They've got no control over it, and they just don't seem to be able to rein in. So, I don't think Tevita Pangai is the only one in this."
That sentiment was echoed by Webster who explained there was a "split in that playing group."
"There are some that want to be there, there are some that don't. And there was a dramatic change after the COVID break," he said.
Tevita Pangai
© Getty Tevita Pangai
Gould added that it was conceivable that the NRL could opt to not register Pangai Jr should he be stood down for disciplinary reasons.
"There is options for the NRL Integrity Unit," he said. "If you have been sacked or breached your contract from a disciplinary point of view, then you aren't immediately going to have your contract registered if you sign with another club. The NRL can put an extension on that suspension."

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pangai is coming across more and more as a self-entitled trouble maker. Maybe after a year or two on the sidelines he might reconsider his attitude.

In regards the debate over players from the 80s and 90s having indiscretion overlooked compared with players today, yes social media is a part of the change.

But even bigger is pay and stature. 18 years ago the salary cap was $3.25M. There has been a 300% increase in wages since then. The average annual wage rise in Australia is around 2%. Do the maths, these guys are getting paid more and more. Hence they are going to be held to higher account, and rightly so. It should always be considered a privilege to have an NRL contract, or any top level sports contract. Anyone who can't treat it like that can go get a regular job.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep. With ya: need a big angry prick.

Reactions: ATT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a difficult one to assess across average work force. As like most I go to work in a field that is equatable across my skill set. And the pay and benefits reflect that. But in sport league is targeting groups of individuals against union, afl and lately NFL. So the pay needs to reflect that to keep them. Although I like the idea of equality of 2% pay rise. We would loose a lot stars and juniors. And even start loosing average players to other sports.
they need to set up a true work strategy. Example 1 day a week work with sponsors Or council. Get them in touch with common people.
most juniors at dogs used to scrape bird poo off seats at Belmore while seniors trained. It sets a good base. Just a thought.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Prob can move this to rumours or general mods?

Housekeeping

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he had 5 previous breaches makes you wonder why the broncos didnt report it earlier? swept under the rug? he shouldve sat out after his 1st. couldve put the whole comp at risk