Oztag tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay, so im playing Oztag this summer with a group of mates and i needed some help with it since ive never played in my life. Ive played Rugby League but never Oztag and the same tactics dont seem to work in both sports.

Any help?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't let the opposition players grab the tags from you when in possession.

If you get over the tryline untagged, place the ball on the ground whilst maintaining control. Attempt to prevent the opposition from doing the same.

Use this information wisely my boy.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tails line face ball to centre who wraps fullback to give 2v1 on the winger usually works wonders in u15s

C

chipandchase

Okay, so im playing Oztag this summer with a group of mates and i needed some help with it since ive never played in my life. Ive played Rugby League but never Oztag and the same tactics dont seem to work in both sports.

Any help?
if you score more tries you win lmao

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand how the game works. Just looking for some tips or simple plays, since im playing with a bunch of incompetent duds.

P

Paint.

olols, funny you mention this cos im playing in an oztag comp tomorrow...

Anyways, from what I've gathered:

-you can only kick on 0, 4th and 5th, and all kicks have to be below the refs shoulders
-There's no actual ingoal, just a tryline, so if you kick, you have to regather before it goes over the tryline, otherwise it's out
-Instead of stepping like you would in league/touch, try to swerve your hip from side to side so that the tags swing all over the place, or spin around past the defense
-Tag with both hands. That way if you miss with one, you'll get it with the other
-Not sure if this applies for Tag as well, but in Touch footy, if the ball touches the floor (ie knock back), it's a handover
-Put your fastest blokes in the middle so that they're around the play the most. Tall blokes on the wings
-Take dummy half runs and try to involve the person who just played the ball if it's a quick PTB, that way you take advantage of gaps in the centre of the field
-If you fall over and someone is within tagging distance, you're automatically held
-If you think you've been tagged, keep running, cause chances are the tag only came half off
-Stick your tags facing upwards, that way they're shorter

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks bud, im playing tommorow aswell in Marayong.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I play and referee in the parramatta/merrylands district. If you need any info feel free to PM bro.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also you cannot touch your tag or else your classified as being tagged, you cannot jump and it will result in a penalty to the opposition team, you cannot run directly into a defender or as a defender you can't block the path of an attacker by getting infront of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.