The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good idea. I'll be doing this Thursday.
Forgot all about octane booster
From memory, standard fuel overseas is 102 octane and premium is 108.

I prefer the fuel system cleaner as to the injector cleaner.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
From memory, standard fuel overseas is 102 octane and premium is 108.

I prefer the fuel system cleaner as to the injector cleaner.
Either way I need injector cleaner to cleanse the tank of the dodgy fuel which I know for sure those servos sell.

As for the higher octane over seas there's another reason to hate Australia.

We get ripped off every corner we turn and most people pay the extortion fees with a smile.

Not me.
This bullshit of you're a tightass if you dont want to be ripped off.

Fair enough. You go pay overs for something that isn't worth it to cover someone else's wages.

Good for you if you do that, that makes you a better person than me because you like to waste money! Lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Octane Booster and Injector Cleaner does little to nothing unless the car is tuned to run on relative RON rated fuel.

My current car for example can take 95 or 98 but NOT E10. If I run on 95, I get less power than 98. Only a few kw difference though.

I used to have to use octane booster in one of my old cars, as I had an imported jap balanced and blueprinted motor, which required 98RON (and at the time only 95 was available). Many moons ago.
Keep in mind though that over the shelf octane booster (even the good ones), only raise the fuel octane level about a tenth or so. It's not raised 1 /2 /5 RON units.

You also need to be careful upping the octane level in fuel on a car not designed for it (E.G running 100 RON fuel in a car designed for 91 only), as you can cause engine damage (primarily due to fouling up spark plugs - which OB will do - in particular OB with MMT additives). Plugs foul, detonation is inconsistent, and engine damage occurs. Higher octane fuel is available ta *some* servos, as I used to have to fill up jerry cans for a rally spec EVO6 with antilag... Mt White Shell used to sell it from a single pump.

Injector Cleaners are equally as bad. Once every 6 months if that (although most premium fuels include IC components these days). Use too much and it can strip the lining of the fuel tank and cause issues with fuel pumps and ignition as well.

Remember all stuff you put in your fuel tank, further dilutes the fuel in there.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Octane Booster and Injector Cleaner does little to nothing unless the car is tuned to run on relative RON rated fuel.

My current car for example can take 95 or 98 but NOT E10. If I run on 95, I get less power than 98. Only a few kw difference though.

I used to have to use octane booster in one of my old cars, as I had an imported jap balanced and blueprinted motor, which required 98RON (and at the time only 95 was available). Many moons ago.
Keep in mind though that over the shelf octane booster (even the good ones), only raise the fuel octane level about a tenth or so. It's not raised 1 /2 /5 RON units.

You also need to be careful upping the octane level in fuel on a car not designed for it (E.G running 100 RON fuel in a car designed for 91 only), as you can cause engine damage (primarily due to fouling up spark plugs - which OB will do - in particular OB with MMT additives). Plugs foul, detonation is inconsistent, and engine damage occurs. Higher octane fuel is available ta *some* servos, as I used to have to fill up jerry cans for a rally spec EVO6 with antilag... Mt White Shell used to sell it from a single pump.

Injector Cleaners are equally as bad. Once every 6 months if that (although most premium fuels include IC components these days). Use too much and it can strip the lining of the fuel tank and cause issues with fuel pumps and ignition as well.

Remember all stuff you put in your fuel tank, further dilutes the fuel in there.
Don't worry buddy I don't go overboard with cleaners n shit.

I do notice a big difference in kms going from premium to regular.

My car is 2002 model and I'm positive it should be right for the best fuel available.

I used to have a hilux 92 model and I used premium in that too.

What would be nice is the abolition of fossil fuel and emergence of free unlimited universal energy! All those rays from the sun majority of its power not being utilised .

If you were an oil tycoon who had most of the world's wealth, would you want your subjects to save money by not using your resources? If you say yes you're fkin liar. Lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss what food or products you believe are over priced and over rated.

I'll start with Harry's cafe De wheels.

I've heard so many people rant and rave about how good this place is?

I tried it a while back and thought to myself.
Why did just pay over $10 for a hot dog and drink?

The hot dog didn't taste any greater than most other hot dogs I've eaten.
I felt disappointed and ripped off eating there.

Must be weekend binge drinkers who rate it so high?
Is that the one in Newcastle?

And yes it’s nothing special

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that the one in Newcastle?

And yes it’s nothing special
Mr invisible confirmed it's generally the weekend drunk who rates cafe De wheels.

It's like a franchise I think?
The original started in Wooloomooloo.

They've got pictures up on the store with well known Aussies who went there years ago.

I looked at the pictures and thought "oh great I'm going to pay top dollar because Melissa George ate here one night back in 1992"

I hate people who think they can Jack up the price because famous people have eaten at their establishment.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Coco Cubano is over rated.
I've got a friend who has been to Cuba and said it's not themed like Cuba at all.
I like it but it's not traditional Cuban. It's American Cuban. Sandwiches covered in fat.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who says Sweet Baby Rays gets shivved with a rusty plastic spoon :D
Baby Rays is great. The BBQ sauce that is. The stuff is liquid gold but it's like 50% sugar.

Their Buffalo sauce is pretty shit though. Real buffalo sauce you need Frank's Hot Sauce, a shit load of butter, some garlic and paprika.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Either way I need injector cleaner to cleanse the tank of the dodgy fuel which I know for sure those servos sell.
Most major servos are good but avoid the independants. They fill their fuel with crap. Large metal deposits build up in them which builds up in your tank, destroys your sensors and injectors and the only way to really get it out is a full drain and flush of your fuel tank.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dragons memberships.
The price of beer.
Tobacco.
New cars.
I posted in another thread about this but Australia is the most expensive country in the world when it comes to the price of cigarettes and tobacco. Australia is also the 3rd most expensive country in the world when it comes to Alcohol, cigarettes and tobacco next to NZ and Japan.

I enjoy both but fuck me it's definitely getting ridiculous price wise. They have become more than a luxury item.

They say the average price of cigarettes/tobacco in Australia is close to $40 AU per pack. America's average was like $13 - $15 AU per pack.

Obviously in Australia both cigarettes and alcohol are taxed highly, more so cigarettes but the price difference compared to other countries is ludicrous.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I posted in another thread about this but Australia is the most expensive country in the world when it comes to the price of cigarettes and tobacco. Australia is also the 3rd most expensive country in the world when it comes to Alcohol, cigarettes and tobacco next to NZ and Japan.

I enjoy both but fuck me it's definitely getting ridiculous price wise. They have become more than a luxury item.

They say the average price of cigarettes/tobacco in Australia is close to $40 AU per pack. America's average was like $13 - $15 AU per pack.

Obviously in Australia both cigarettes and alcohol are taxed highly, more so cigarettes but the price difference compared to other countries is ludicrous.
No wonder in the tv show Border Security they catch so many bringing in cigarettes/tobacco! lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
No wonder in the tv show Border Security they catch so many bringing in cigarettes/tobacco! lol
While this is going on people selling illegal drugs are making record profits.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All of Sydney, has become a place to jip everyone yet people are okay with it lmao...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All of Sydney, has become a place to jip everyone yet people are okay with it lmao...
Not just Sydney, the whole world is about deceiving and rorting. This system we live in, we pay ***** to not only "run" the place, we pay them to lie, cheat and steal. Everyone is ok with that lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Herbert Adams frozen gourmet pies. Standard ones usually get on sale two pack for $5, which I like. They had a gourmet range usually $9 yep for two frozen pies. Thought these must be so good gotta try, and we're terrible. Still have one in freezer think I'll throw it out!!

Reaction score
Herbert Adams frozen gourmet pies. Standard ones usually get on sale two pack for $5, which I like. They had a gourmet range usually $9 yep for two frozen pies. Thought these must be so good gotta try, and we're terrible. Still have one in freezer think I'll throw it out!!
why pay 9 bucks for a couple of frozen pies when you can get 2 fresh pies from the bakery already cooked and tasting way better

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss what food or products you believe are over priced and over rated.

I'll start with Harry's cafe De wheels.

I've heard so many people rant and rave about how good this place is?

I tried it a while back and thought to myself.
Why did just pay over $10 for a hot dog and drink?

The hot dog didn't taste any greater than most other hot dogs I've eaten.
I felt disappointed and ripped off eating there.

Must be weekend binge drinkers who rate it so high?
Still cheaper than ANZ stadium.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why pay 9 bucks for a couple of frozen pies when you can get 2 fresh pies from the bakery already cooked and tasting way better
I know I just thought at that price they must be something special. And it got eaten late at night after many beers, so bakery was not an option. I actually have a great pie shop around the corner..

Status
Not open for further replies.