Outlook Email Question

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure if there's a way to do this.

I've got a bunch of emails listed in columns in Excel, 1000+ and I'm looking at copying these and pasting them in the "To" and "CC" fields in a new Outlook email. The problem is, when I copy from Excel and paste them in Outlook, they listed the email address straight, there is no separation semi colon ( ; ) and I don't think that will work. Is there a quick way to do this as opposed to manually separating them with the semi colon?

@Hacky McAxe thinking you might know a way?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have copy pasted from Excel before and it worked OK

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Where's Indiandog and his tech support when you need him? :p

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have copy pasted from Excel before and it worked OK
I tried that and it didn't work - but I then clicked on "To" and the global address book opened up. I posted in the "To" field down the botton of that, and then pressed enter. That seemed to work. So it's pretty much just 2 extra clicks I needed to go.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's an Excel function you can use to add a semicolon to every line, then add all the lines together. But I haven't used it in a long time so I can't remember what it is.

Also keep in mind that if you send an email to too many people at the same time without an account designed for that, your email sender may think you're spam and refuse to send it.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there an import contact function using .csv or .xlsx file?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you use a csv file that will work.

Wahesh

Reaction score
There's an Excel function you can use to add a semicolon to every line, then add all the lines together. But I haven't used it in a long time so I can't remember what it is.

Also keep in mind that if you send an email to too many people at the same time without an account designed for that, your email sender may think you're spam and refuse to send it.
Yeah I got a shared Mailbox for work so it didn't come from my email address as such.

It was simpler than I thought. I copied all the email addresses listed in a column, clicked on "To" and then clicked on "BCC", dumped them all in that, pressed enter, and then they all had the semicolon in automatically and split them up. Worked like a treat. The amount of bounce-backs that you get though when sending an email to 1000+ users isn't that friendly.