Reaction score
Why do we need another public holiday?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wonder how far in advance you can pre-book a nursing home room...lol
Those parents deserve to be immediately put into care by their kids lol. How could anyone say that OMG.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Those parents deserve to be immediately put into care by their kids lol. How could anyone say that OMG.
I wonder if they bothered to hire a babysitter while they were queuing up for 1.5 days....or was it just a let the kids fend for themselves type scenario? lol

I think the dad was embarrassed, tbh. That looked like a 'you don't say that on TV' laugh to me. She was probably embarrassed too, once she had time to think about what she said.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if they bothered to hire a babysitter while they were queuing up for 1.5 days....or was it just a let the kids fend for themselves type scenario? lol

I think the dad was embarrassed, tbh. That looked like a 'you don't say that on TV' laugh to me. She was probably embarrassed too, once she had time to think about what she said.
For sure she will be regretting it. Dad could have helped her out by making a joke of it but having a mic in your face can be daunting. You would have thought they'd teed up with impromptu interview tho.

Another example I guess of the overboard reaction to the Queens death.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that every network apart from channel 10 had coverage. The lack of respect from that network is poor form.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that every network apart from channel 10 had coverage. The lack of respect from that network is poor form.
They had coverage. It was just on one of their supplementary channels. Nothing to do with disrespect, I don't think. They just read the room. There were a lot of people who had no interest in watching it and were a bit over the 1.5 weeks of constant coverage. Those who did want to watch it were unlikely to tune into ten. That network has always appealed to a younger demographic and ten news has never been able to compete with nine and seven when it comes to news and current affairs shows.... with the exception of The Project, which I am guessing would have dedicated plenty of airtime to it.

I think it was a smart move. Those who wanted to watch the service had plenty of options.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve watched channel 10 in decades