Our worst Fullback of last 25 years

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Scott Wilson is top 3 easily. DWZ couldn’t catch the Coronavirus even if he ate the infected animal who spread this

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
So I have been sitting up all night and thinking About this.

It's a Continuation of the best and worst thread, and the last. At least from me.

like halfbacks, FULLBACK has been a position we have had relative stability over the last 2.5 decades.

Again, good players are going to be up the top of the worst list. I am not going to include two but players like Barry Berrigan. Our major Fullbacks, who are the worst?

The candidates, in my order is;
1. William Hopoate (2016-2018)
2. Sam Perrett (2014)
3. DWZ (2019-)
4. Brett Morris (2015)
5. Luke Patterns (2002-2010)
6. Ben Barba (2011-2013
7. Rod Silva (1995-2001)

This was hard for me Nasheed.
Barba and Silva were hard to split too.
The top 3 all had different strengths.
Hoppa had a good footy brain but has no athleticism and ability of inclination to back the big boys up. We tanked with him at the back and players simply ran around him. Was there too long and the whole part time Islamic thing on Sunday was just absurd for the modern games professionalism.
Perrett was the same but got himself into better positions, slightly less brain but more athleticism.

DWZ takes Perrett one step further, more athleticism and less brain, but has shown ability to motivate and get himself together.
After that we are brilliant. If only we got Tedesco. Nasheed.
Damien Ford ( 1996 ) you say who? Enough said!

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Scott Wilson is top 3 easily. DWZ couldn’t catch the Coronavirus even if he ate the infected animal who spread this
"Sniff the tryline wilson"...one of the funniest things i ever heard at belmore..piss weak defender but at the time i thought he was a gun.ynwa

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole list is wrong i had to re look at the title and see if it was our best ,hes got barba and patten in there ffs
Barba and Silva were the furthest from being the worst in the list. Worst was Hoppa.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perrett and Hopa are about the same. They're safe but offer nothing in attack

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't realise we had a fullback named patterns, he must have a chequered history
seriously? He was with us for ages in the 00's.
He was drama free surprisingly, don't think he had any off field issues. Stable.
After retirement, he got into the referee game and owns the bunker now. Probably why we have been fortunate to always get the good calls.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know how Crisp, Cutler and Youngquest are slipping through the cracks

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
seriously? He was with us for ages in the 00's.
He was drama free surprisingly, don't think he had any off field issues. Stable.
After retirement, he got into the referee game and owns the bunker now. Probably why we have been fortunate to always get the good calls.
It’s a joke Nasheed, pattern/chequered, have you got someone in lockdown with you they might be able to explain it lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a joke Nasheed, pattern/chequered, have you got someone in lockdown with you they might be able to explain it lol
I get it, pattern of bad behaviour yeah yeah just don't think this is the time

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Worst was Greg Fleming who played a few games during 1998 season. He was sooooo slooowwwww.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Worst was Greg Fleming who played a few games during 1998 season. He was sooooo slooowwwww.
Funny fact about him, dogs rates him highly and he was one of the highest paid players at the dogs at the time, around 250 a year. Monster money back then and easily in top 5 of the squad