Our top 30 for next season

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I'd make a list based on positions we have filled for next season and where we possibly have holes still to be filled for next season. I've estimated the number of players we will need to cover every position. Some players may be able to cover a few positions. Players like Averillo who don't have a defined position will be put into the position I feel they are most likely to cover

Players signed for 2022
Fullbacks
(2/3)
Matt Dufty - Corey Allen

Wingers (4/4)
Josh Addo-Carr - Jayden Okunbor - Tui Katao - Nick Cotric

Centres (4/4)
Brent Naden - Paul Alamoti - Aaron Shoupp - Jake Averillo

Halves (3/4)
Matt Burton - Brandon Wakeham - Kyle Flanagan

Hooker (1/3)
Jeremy Marshall-King

Prop Forward (4/5)
Paul Vaughan - Ava Seumangafai - Jack Hetherington - Luke Thompson

Second Row (8/7)
Josh Jackson - Adam Elliott - Matt Doorey - RFM - Tevita Pangai-Jr - Corey Waddell - Joe Stimson - Jackson Topine

Total 26/30
*I couldn't find any information on whether BBO was signed for next season. Obviously if he is signed he'd cover one of the hooker vacancies.

Summary
Depending on the cap space we have available, we could still make a few key signings for next season. With the addition of TPG and Paul Vaughan, we actually have enough forwards for next season and any cap space we may still have available could be used to pursue a spine player. Obviously with this information we can conclude that we don't need to spend anymore money on the backline or the forward pack. We have too many second rowers and we might be able to release one or two of them to make cap space. Obviously players like TPJ can cover both second row and prop if needed.

Conclusion
Our needs are a depth backline player, a prop forward, a hooker and a half. Players like Corey Allan and Jake Averillo actually provide great value in that they can cover a whole range of positions across a backline. Flanagan is by far our worst contract for next season, followed by a couple of the second row players. Our squad shouldn't be too hard to fix moving forward.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to re-sign/give BBO a top 30 spot for next year (if we haven't already done so). We also need 1-2 props for depth (reserve grades with potential). Leave 1 spot open for a quality hooker.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to re-sign/give BBO a top 30 spot for next year (if we haven't already done so). We also need 1-2 props for depth (reserve grades with potential). Leave 1 spot open for a quality hooker.
Yeah I agree looks like it will be that prop from the tigers and maybe Patola ? The 9 is where I hope we have the funds to throw some big $ at someone

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like JMK more than flanno we need a box office 7 flanno gotta fix his attitude , attitude is key

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Dietz for a cheap option with BBO? That makes 3 hookers with BBO covering half also.

leaves 2 spots.

mid he tempted to leave spots for any unforeseen player availability.

23’ we’ll be chasing B Smith.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need another centre as well

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I'd make a list based on positions we have filled for next season and where we possibly have holes still to be filled for next season. I've estimated the number of players we will need to cover every position. Some players may be able to cover a few positions. Players like Averillo who don't have a defined position will be put into the position I feel they are most likely to cover

Players signed for 2022
Fullbacks
(2/3)
Matt Dufty - Corey Allen

Wingers (4/4)

Centres (4/4)

Halves (3/4)

Hooker (1/3)
Jeremy Marshall-King

Prop Forward (4/5)

Second Row (8/7)
Josh Jackson - Adam Elliott - Matt Doorey - RFM - Tevita Pangai-Jr - Corey Waddell - Joe Stimson - Jackson Topine

Total 26/30
*I couldn't find any information on whether BBO was signed for next season. Obviously if he is signed he'd cover one of the hooker vacancies.

Summary
Depending on the cap space we have available, we could still make a few key signings for next season. With the addition of TPG and Paul Vaughan, we actually have enough forwards for next season and any cap space we may still have available could be used to pursue a spine player. Obviously with this information we can conclude that we don't need to spend anymore money on the backline or the forward pack. We have too many second rowers and we might be able to release one or two of them to make cap space. Obviously players like TPJ can cover both second row and prop if needed.

Conclusion
Our needs are a depth backline player, a prop forward, a hooker and a half. Players like Corey Allan and Jake Averillo actually provide great value in that they can cover a whole range of positions across a backline. Flanagan is by far our worst contract for next season, followed by a couple of the second row players. Our squad shouldn't be too hard to fix moving forward.
I got a feeling they will throw Ogden a one year extension, maybe 2 if he stays for cheap - even as a depth signing. Just a feeling.

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Players signed for 2022
Fullbacks
(2/3)
Matt Dufty - Corey Allen

Wingers (4/4)

Centres (4/4)

Halves (3/4)

Hooker (1/3)
Jeremy Marshall-King

Prop Forward (4/5)

Second Row (8/7)

Total 26/30

Summary

Conclusion
BBO is signed until 2021. Why they haven't done something yet is beyond me.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Players signed for 2022
Fullbacks
(2/3)
Matt Dufty - Corey Allen

Wingers (4/4)

Centres (4/4)

Halves (3/4)

Hooker (1/3)
Jeremy Marshall-King

Prop Forward (4/5)

Second Row (8/7)

Total 26/30

Summary

Conclusion
What happens with Cheese and Pearce will effect the outcome.
I would swap Allen and Everillo.
Would add Heleta Manu Deitz Tuifua.

Last edited:

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We definitely need a backup prop to be signed next season. I don't think we bring back Dietz next year. I'd assume we don't have much cap room left for next year unless we've used some money to frontload a few contracts.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t need that many backs re signed. We need not re sign anyone else at the club we should sign Watson, Tuifua, Liu (from Raiders) and if we can get a swop deal Pearce. Patola on development contract.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t need that many backs re signed. We need not re sign anyone else at the club we should sign Watson, Tuifua, Liu (from Raiders) and if we can get a swop deal Pearce. Patola on development contract.
Why would Knights want to swap out their key playmaker, and who would they want in return? Why would Pearce want to move unless we paid more than what he’s on?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Players signed for 2022
Fullbacks
(2/3)
Matt Dufty - Corey Allen

Wingers (4/4)

Centres (4/4)

Halves (3/4)

Hooker (1/3)
Jeremy Marshall-King

Prop Forward (4/5)

Second Row (8/7)

Total 26/30

Summary

Conclusion
So our HB for the majority of the season thus far is in your group of "centres"?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will go into next year with just 28 spots filled. The sooner you have the spot filled all monies paid to that player is out of Salary Cap.

Penrith used it to their benefit this year.

We will promote players to fill the spots when necessary.