Our slowest Backline of all time vs our fastest of all time

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Fun thread for a change. Since every other thread is board related or whether Barrett is taking bad advice coming here.

what is your fastest all time Bulldogs backline bs the slowest?

AND who would win in real footy!?

not going to touch on halves because it's a different discipline. Captain is the slowest and fastest.

I'm very curious on who you come up with because I think about this stuff a lot.
I am going to include 100m times for the fast guys.

Fastest;
1 Ben Barba (11.4) official as per race
2 Nick Meaney (10.9) stated in article
3 Brett Howland (10.7) guesstimate. Was second fastest after Darren Albeet who was 10.6 (c)
4 Josh Morris (11.2) guesstimate
5 Brent Dallas (10.8)
Notable exception Rod Silva (11.7) who told me privately that's his time. Reimis and Luke Mcdougall

Slowest;
1. Will Hopoate
2. Hazem El mAsri (c) and coach
3. Shane Marteene
4. Willie Talau
5. Daryl Halligan

so;
1)who's your team?
2)who wins?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
Scott Wilson 10 flat
Scott Wilson was a good player, but he was unique in the sense he was a 'late bloomer' and didn't hit his straps until his twenties. Much like Holland (who was plucked out of the Newcastle colo) and DCE/Cody Walker (from QLD Cup).

The problem with these late bloomers is they generally are footy brains guys, initially overlooked because they'd don't have speed or size, but display a relative X factor in two or domestic comps that are worth a gamble, that rarely pay off.... walker and DCE an exception.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hazem wasn’t anywhear near close to being slow until his last 4 or 5 years. Idris had speed when he was slim and then put on like 15-20kgs when he was in the first grade team, his “olympic level athleticism” they talked about was 95% from stuff like Javelin , discus and shotput where he held national records so yeah

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hazem wasn’t anywhear near close to being slow until his last 4 or 5 years. Idris had speed when he was slim and then put on like 15-20kgs when he was in the first grade team, his “olympic level athleticism” they talked about was 95% from stuff like Javelin , discus and shotput where he held national records so yeah
Pie eating competitions

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Michael Lett
Ben Mcdougall
Vangana
Jmoz
Howland

Vs

Perrett
Halligan
Ben Harris
Martenee
Inu

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lafai honourable mention. Even in full flight guy looked likely to get run down by a tired prop. Him and hoppa had no explosion once poking through the line.

Hopefully cotric gives us the speed we have lacked in the backline since the Morris boys/Barba left.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
El Masri was slow as...

I’m a Hazem fan, he’s a club legend, but he’s chasing Bell, not a noted speedster and he’s bouncing out of tackles and swerving, probably not a true indication.
He could finish a try though that’s for sure, imagine the acrobatic tries he would have scored if the corner post was out of play in his time!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Daryl Halligan chased down Willie Carne in 95 to so every slow dog has his day.
I remember that - the 1995 Semi Final. My gosh Brisbane were hot favorites to win that one, and we put them on their arse. Dean Pay had one of the best games of his career then, leading our forwards with zero fear.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Surprised thats in colour how old is it
chasing bell a prop of the centres
not the best justification but yeh
2003. I was at the game and what you see on camera was how it looked on the stadium. He got through all these players, then Hazem came from absolutely no where to stop him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember that - the 1995 Semi Final. My gosh Brisbane were hot favorites to win that one, and we put them on their arse. Dean Pay had one of the best games of his career then, leading our forwards with zero fear.
Pay broke Glenn Lazarus in half in his first hit up. Good times.