Our Salary Cap- A critical analysis

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

A lot of talk over the last few years, and presumably going forward, and rightfully so, centres on our recruitment and retention in relation to our salary cap.

In fact, tha salary cap is the most important thing to talk about if you had to pinpoint one issue.
So I have taken the liberty to track our squad and where we are at now and going forward.

Please note yo that the SALARY CAP FOR 2021 IS 9.6 MILLION AUD
Also please note that whilst salaries have been scaled back 10% due to the hoax virus, this is just a pro rata amount.

Also please note that the bolded names are people off contract. I made a secondary table on the right with jus those guys.

View attachment 22121

So what can we ascertain?

Fior me personally:

Column 1

-We have room for one more decent purchase this year*
we will need to set aside some cash money for the last player in the squad, the pro rata of 115000. So we have just over 400 for this year left.
-Presumably alot of that is for Matt burton. Who would probably come here for 300k.
-The leftover I imagine is for Brad Deitz type emergency dispensation.
- anything else, or no emergencies would probably go to front loading josh Jacksons contract, who probably doesnt have 3 years left in him.

Column 2

-We have 3.7 million to play with to pay 16 players. this equals 230k each
-When min wage rookies or rejects are factored in, we are looking at one superstar purchase plus a 400k solid, or 2x 600k type purchases and a 500k solid.

Future

-JAC replaces Floppa on back marquee level
-Burton replaces Lewis thereabout on 'promising halves' money
-We look for a solid prop and Hooker we can buy for 500 apiece, and fill ther erst of the squad with min.
Thoughts?

*mods- please sticky this post.
I think these figures are pretty accurate except Crichton and Britt would be on a bit more especially Crichton. He was a first grader before he signed with us so he'd be on more than minimum wage. Lewis and Hetherington a bit less (350K I've read for Lewis which is still too much) I doubt we would have paid 400K for Hetherington as he wasn't that established. I would think 300s at max.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think these figures are pretty accurate except Crichton and Britt would be on a bit more especially Crichton. He was a first grader before he signed with us so he'd be on more than minimum wage. Lewis and Hetherington a bit less (350K I've read for Lewis which is still too much) I doubt we would have paid 400K for Hetherington as he wasn't that established. I would think 300s at max.
I disagree on Crichton.
The reason I say that is he was cut by the panthers and wingers are a dime a dozen.
He was another one who called around for a gig wasnt he?
Also I was AMAZED why on earth he would be signed for three years. Why not 1? Or 2?
3? Why?
I brought this question to this VERY website two years ago and a few members pointed out that he would have traded off money for job security. Given our finances at the time it made sense.
That’s why I arrived at my conclusion.
All players in the sheet have either been confirmed or I have thought through with every clue available to me.
It wasn’t done overnight. It’s been a project over the last 6 months.
While you guys were partying on a Saturday night.
I was at Home pleasuring myself and working on my spreadsheet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I disagree on Crichton.
The reason I say that is he was cut by the panthers and wingers are a dime a dozen.
Also I was AMAZED why on earth he would be signed for three years. Why not 1? Or 2?
3? Why?
I brought this question to this VERY website two years ago and a few members pointed out that he would have traded off money for job security. Given our finances at the time it made sense.
All players in the sheet have either been confirmed or I have thought through with every clue available to me.
Crichton was playing on the wing at the Panthers due to an injury (I think it was Mansour). He actually looked decent but he was on the Panthers wing... we got tricked a bit I think. He wouldn't be on minimum wage. It'd be at least 200k imo.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree on Crichton.
3? Why?
Cheers. I hope you're right about Crichton. He runs hard but he's a bit average and too short these days for a winger.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s because you are fucking stupid and have no idea
Someone ban this ****
Hey Steve,

Yet to see you make a post as half as good as this. You are a very angry man and you need to find peace within the soul. This type of behaviour is not good for the soul. Please read chicken soup for the soul and the Bible and have a bex and a lay down.

If you need someine to talk to plesse message me I'm private and I'll be happy to hear you.

Take care and Thank.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Yet to see you make a post as half as good as this. You are a very angry man and you need to find peace within the soul. This type of behaviour is not good for the soul. Please read chicken soup for the soul and the Bible and have a bex and a lay down.

If you need someine to talk to plesse message me I'm private and I'll be happy to hear you.

Take care and Thank.
fuk off nasheed

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps this thread can be served as somewhat of a salary cap wiki for reference?
make it a sticky?