Our Salary Cap- A critical analysis

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

A lot of talk over the last few years, and presumably going forward, and rightfully so, centres on our recruitment and retention in relation to our salary cap.

In fact, tha salary cap is the most important thing to talk about if you had to pinpoint one issue.
So I have taken the liberty to track our squad and where we are at now and going forward.

Please note yo that the SALARY CAP FOR 2021 IS 9.6 MILLION AUD
Also please note that whilst salaries have been scaled back 10% due to the hoax virus, this is just a pro rata amount.

Also please note that the bolded names are people off contract. I made a secondary table on the right with jus those guys.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 13.01.49.png

So what can we ascertain?

Fior me personally:

Column 1

-We have room for one more decent purchase this year*
we will need to set aside some cash money for the last player in the squad, the pro rata of 115000. So we have just over 400 for this year left.
-Presumably alot of that is for Matt burton. Who would probably come here for 300k.
-The leftover I imagine is for Brad Deitz type emergency dispensation.
- anything else, or no emergencies would probably go to front loading josh Jacksons contract, who probably doesnt have 3 years left in him.

Column 2

-We have 3.7 million to play with to pay 16 players. this equals 230k each
-When min wage rookies or rejects are factored in, we are looking at one superstar purchase plus a 400k solid, or 2x 600k type purchases and a 500k solid.

Future

-JAC replaces Floppa on back marquee level
-Burton replaces Lewis thereabout on 'promising halves' money
-We look for a solid prop and Hooker we can buy for 500 apiece, and fill ther erst of the squad with min.
Thoughts?

*mods- please sticky this post.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our issues are DWZ and Stimson need to be offloaded and Jacko is overpaid by 200k.

if these issues weresolved, together with those off contract we could solve our hooker, prop and outside back issue

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Our issues are DWZ and Stimson need to be offloaded and Jacko is overpaid by 200k.

if these issues weresolved, together with those off contract we could solve our hooker, prop and outside back issue
DWZ is an issue I agree.
The only thing i suggest is bombarding his inbox with requests to retire. We know he checks them because he gave his shoes to that leb guy on youtube who always encouraged him last season. its what my tigewrs friends did to Reynolds.
Stimson we need to at least give a chance.
Jackson can, and should be front loaded. especially if we dont get Burton! That will gradually solve the issue. he can be a million guy this year and a 500 the last few years.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Slightly edited op because i missed napa

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Critical analysis indeed.
Particularly the part about 'James' Doorey...
aaah f. mY MISTAKE.

I always get him and Romanous mixed up. Both tall leb second rowers that look similar. i do this alot.
Im not going to red do it because we know who im talking about but yeah, got confused.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed you always bring quality to the kennel. But this my friend might be your best work yet :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Ps I might need you to do some excel stuff for me one day, I’ll let you know 8-)
thankyou for the nice words, and yes im quite good at excel.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Folkesy didn’t backend Darren britts contract that much did he
Im certain Folkes had nothing to do with it personally because he died 2 years earlier, except Britts signing probably did have so,mething to do with that legacy.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
425k for Allan is a lot.
400k for Hetherington next year will be a lot. At this stage he's a benchy.
350k for Stimson is a lot. I can't see him featuring much.
700k for Jackson is a lot (probably 600k with veteran allowance), I still think this is 100k too much. I also don't think we could of afforded to lose him when he re-signed.
The media (DT) reported 850k for Thompson.
Where in the media was Hopoate quoted to be on 600k?

I'm expecting one big signing for next year, hopefully at hooker, and another solid signing to go with that, hopefully a prop. We've already spent 1m on JAC (550k) and Burton (~400k) for next year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
aaah f. mY MISTAKE.

I always get him and Romanous mixed up. Both tall leb second rowers that look similar. i do this alot.
Im not going to red do it because we know who im talking about but yeah, got confused.
That’s because you are fucking stupid and have no idea
Someone ban this ****

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
425 alot for Allen
The media (DT) reported 850k for Thompson.
Where in the media was Hopoate quoted to be on 600k?
Allen was on record wanting 500 at one stage.
The medis guessed between 700 and 850.
But i based my guess ob Thommos relative here on the forum who once said 850 was 'not even close'. Said 'He isnt on 700' without the 'lol' attached when pressed on that figure and another time said he came for only 90k more than St helens were offering. St helens were going to make him the richest marquee they had. There is only the smallest window where I can be wrong here.

There was a media report years ago where Hopoate said he needed to consult his family for his last ever big contract and that hus manager said he will not re sign less than 600.
itds also logical, he was on fire the year he got re signed and top level centres, especially then, were getting 600-800 and we needed him.

Another member has hypothesised that he has a car taken from that figure. Could be true.

One little pet hobby of mine is ALWAYS taking note of contract figures.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s because you are fucking stupid and have no idea
Someone ban this ****
you dont have to agree with everything, also no need to be rude.
i will give you credit on one thing, we both agree that El Masri was highly overrated.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Where does Addo-Carr's money come from?
Well thats 550.
So you have to imagine he takes Crichtons wing spot. Then we need 435k extra.
Most likely he replaced hoppa though on marquee level.
Factoring him in makes it intersting. forgot about him before.
It means we probs only have room for one more star. Hooker?

Last edited:

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well thats 550.
So you have to imagine he takes Crichtons wing spot. 435k extra.
Most likely he replaced hoppa though on marquee level.
Factoring him in makes it intersting. forgot about him before.
It means we probs only have room for one more star. Hooker?
I see but have you considered sulfur compounds produce the odor related to gas, eating foods high in sulfur compounds will increase the pungency of your flatulence. Foods high in sulfur include meat, poultry, eggs, onions, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts and cauliflower.