Opinion Our Right Edge

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have faith in my boy Skelton.

He will either be FG centre or 2nd row.
I don't know mate...he gives me T-Rex vibes. He looks lazy. Maybe he just needs to get his match fitness up

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My concern was the rumour about a poor attitude, maybe thinking he was entitled a bit too soon? Hope that's been nipped in the bud if true.
Promising talent, beastly even but still has stuff to learn..hopefully he focuses and kicks on.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wasn't Declan casey playing centre in those close games against the sharks and bunnies. I thought he showed enough to get another shot

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It will most likely be Flanagan, RFM, Burns/Kiraz and Kiraz/Allan. I would start one of Rajab/BBO and Alamoti/Skelton but that's unlikely to happen.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pangai might get first crack at right edge
Was only thinking about this today. Would balance our pack better and allow us to rotate RFM and Sutton at 13.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Skelton transition into a backrow position.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have faith in my boy Skelton.

He will either be FG centre or 2nd row.
I like Skelton and hope he will be ready for left centre, we are desperate for someone that can help JAC in defence someone that is a great reader of it and can pass the ball !!!
I could be wrong but I have a feeling that Allan will be that player...If he stays that is.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So the main right edge candidates for 2023 are:
* Flanagan
* RFM
* TPJ
* Burns
* Allan
* Kiraz

With BBO, Alamoti and Skelton 'under development'.

Looks like a problem that with a bit of luck might be sorted for 2024.

All these players will treat 2023 as about showing why they should be playing somewhere in the NRL in 2024.

Only a couple of them will make it.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Skelton and hope he will be ready for left centre, we are desperate for someone that can help JAC in defence someone that is a great reader of it and can pass the ball !!!
I could be wrong but I have a feeling that Allan will be that player...If he stays that is.
Gus was asked numerous times on social media regarding Skelton and what position he'd play and he always replied with 'back rower'
Not sure how much say Gus will have with Ciraldo running the team but I think they have him earmarked for the forwards. From his highlights though he has been a star playing the backline ...

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal opinion I reckon Kiraz should have a crack at fullback