Our off contract stars. Early season thoughts?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well if you look at who we have promoted already last year, we will be fine. As it stands. Of the 13, I have cut 7 (maybe 1 extra) and we have already recruited 5.
So we only have two spots.
Keary type
Prop type
Khaleb.

that’s top 30 and 10+ areminimum wagers
So you are rebuilding our NSW Cup team.

Why???

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So you are rebuilding our NSW Cup team.

Why???
Well like has been the case of our team every year since I started following footy, you regenerate the squad end of season and flush out those surplus to needs (like Burns) and players that have not kicked on and won’t be that diamond in the rough that we wish for minimum wagers to one day become. Waddell, for example, after 3 years hasn’t shown improvement for retention in a way that Orestin already has.
So move him on for another junior that could accelerate his career or a hard nosed veteran who can do a job like Davey.
Generally we don’t recruit for NSW Cup. There are players outside the top 30 that fill those holes.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds was never meant to be a first choice pick how can he be a dud buy? It’s like saying Davey is a dud buy, these experienced players are here to set standards for the younger players coming through.
But by that logic why not just hire a motivational speaker for 30th spot.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds was never meant to be a first choice pick how can he be a dud buy? It’s like saying Davey is a dud buy, these experienced players are here to set standards for the younger players coming through.
I actually though Davey was great for Manly. He's a big body, tall and awkward to tackle. I think he'd be great for us on the bench

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of nonsense, Reynolds has been massive in resetting the culture and standards at training.
Yes and no.
Yes, he's an asset at training and developing the culture in the new and younger players.
No, he's not 100% fit and unlikely to go the full 80.
(Mind you if he can put in a full game then he's a 110% yes, yes!)

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well like has been the case of our team every year since I started following footy, you regenerate the squad end of season and flush out those surplus to needs (like Burns) and players that have not kicked on and won’t be that diamond in the rough that we wish for minimum wagers to one day become. Waddell, for example, after 3 years hasn’t shown improvement for retention in a way that Orestin already has.
So move him on for another junior that could accelerate his career or a hard nosed veteran who can do a job like Davey.
Generally we don’t recruit for NSW Cup. There are players outside the top 30 that fill those holes.
So you agree with me then.

You want to dump a whole lot of NSW Cup level players for worse players because they didn't measure up in FG,.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually though Davey was great for Manly. He's a big body, tall and awkward to tackle. I think he'd be great for us on the bench
Agree Davey will surprise a few people and has some good footy in him just needs to get on the park. Reynolds best years have past him by.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
PR stunt, because Reynolds acts like such a giddy kid but it resonates