Opinion Our Nsw cup side

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our NSW Cup team is coming 2nd......................................................
Yes, but we have too many players that aren't NRL standard and hinder development of real prospects. Would rather finish the season lower on the ladder and have more juniors getting a run. Hopefully Gus continues to sort this out.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but we have too many players that aren't NRL standard and hinder development of real prospects. Would rather finish the season lower on the ladder and have more juniors getting a run. Hopefully Gus continues to sort this out.
So you would rather have a team finish 8th because the depth would be better than a team finishing 2nd............................

OK.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They have been on fire all season.

Shitty conditions today and a poor game does not make them a bad team.

Just a good NSW Cup team having a bad day.
I'm not saying anything....

I just wish we had more fringe FGers in the side.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying anything....

I just wish we had more fringe FGers in the side.
So do I, but one thing Gus has done is sign more than a few kids with potential.

It will take time but most of them should get there.

At the moment we are struggling through the Des legacy where he ignored out juniors

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are some good NSW cup standard players at the club but there is a lack of depth in terms of first grade ready quality players.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So do I, but one thing Gus has done is sign more than a few kids with potential.

It will take time but most of them should get there.

At the moment we are struggling through the Des legacy where he ignored out juniors
100%

We are really thin in the forwards, we could of used a couple today, would of saved us trying to go around them and failing.

PS I don't think most fans know how badly that **** fucked us....

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100%

We are really thin in the forwards, we could of used a couple today, would of saved us trying to go around them and failing.
Definitely.

Hopefully those young props Gus signed mature early and come through the grades at a younger age than most.

And that the recreated pathways will start to produce talent sooner rather than later.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
There isn’t much quality in the nsw. Cup team I must say. Dufty is the standout player in that team