Our next 5 rounds

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone watched sharks vs titans who are dead last , sharks looked very beatable, and hynes did about fuck all

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We need to be able to take a minimum of 6 points out of that 5 round stretch (bye included). Games against Rabbitoh's is definitely winnable( but they might have Lateral back by then). My view is to see how the team can manage against the Sharks (again winnable, but hard).....I just want to see a good solid performance that demonstrates that we CAN compete with these top sides.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sharks will be without Hynes and Talakai don't forget.
No club footy next week, just international football and origin, round 16 games/players won't be affected (unless injury)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All fucking wins!!! We got this :grinning: Have a lot of faith now for some reason lol.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
watched a bit of the Sharks game, they were ordinary

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've got Sharks,Bye, Rabbitohs,Titans, Knights.

We could be sitting on 18 points if we win all 4 games.

Rabbitohs (7th) and Dragons (8th) are on 18 points each.

Rabbitohs have a tough couple of 8 games coming up

Eels, Knights, Bulldogs, Storm and Sharks

Dragons have Raiders, Broncos, Roosters, Sea Eagles and Cowboys.

By the end of the next 5 rounds, the 8th rank team could still be on 20 points, leaving us 2 points outside the 8th.

Anyone got a formula or know a site to work out the possibilities?

( I know we just won 2 games but I can't help but look at the ladder and hope)
Oh no I’m pretty sure we had a similar thread after the roosters game and how did that turn out for us.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly dont care about the 8 , just want to finish on a high at the end of the season and build on that for 2023.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

By the end of the next 5 rounds, the 8th rank team could still be on 20 points, leaving us 2 points outside the 8th.

Mathematically we can drop 1 or 2 games for the remainder of the year and have a few results go our way and make the 8. just. but to be honest we'd need to win them all to be assured of a top 8 spot, that means beating Manly, Cronulla twice, NQ and then some 'easier' games. unlikely but i guess you never know? i'd be happy with 10th at this stage knowing we've improved and have more quality players coming to join the pack next year

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest change so far has been the change in mentality. The Dogs sadly developed a "losing" mentality over the years.
Mick Potter has instilled confidence into the culture. They now have that "winning" mentality.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to recall the ladder prediction thread this team are gelling and could finish in bottom of the 8!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bloody hell setting yourself up for disappointment looking too far ahead, the well worn cliche applies 1 game at a time, e.g an "on" Sharks team won't be easy.
By the end of this block of games(and assuming we win a few which is do-able)is when they should be looking at Harry's coaching prospects assuming he would have applied by then.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anything better than 12th will be a successful season. Honestly after the start we had and looking ahead we could easily lose all of those games aswell. Not trying to be negative, just realistic based on the last few years. Most fans, “experts”, and people around NRL had us 8-12 at the start of the season based on our roster. As long as our performances are consistent each week for the rest of the year I don’t think it really matters how many we win, it’ll be great for the new coach and playing group next season.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

i wrote something similar when we beat the chooks