Our game plan & tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Moses Mbye cops a one week suspension and Haslers hand has been forced to blood in a new 7 from reserve grade.

Frawley comes into the 7 the following week and along with Reynolds, they both have good games. (Broncos)

Mbye comes back into the team, and slots back into the 7 with Frawley onto the bench. 20 min into the game Frawley slots into the 7 and Mbye into the 9 and we do not see Lichaa for the remainder of the game. (Knights)

Once again, we see Frawley onto the bench and once again 20 minutes into the game Mbye goes to 9, Frawley to 7 and Lichaa is nowhere to be seen. (Rabbits)

Same scenario against the Tigers where we were disgraceful.

Another same scenario against the Raiders though Lichaa stays on due to Reynolds pulling his hammy.

Last week against the Cowboys, Hasler puts Montoya onto the bench who has 0% utility value in him and we get pumped.

This week, Montoya drops off the bench for Garvey who comes on after 60 min to replace Lichaa.

Now, what the fuck is going on?

Who can make sense of these formations and tactics?

It is quite evident Hasler does not have the slightest of clues what to do with the 7 & 9 and the proof is their for everyone to see that Hasler is one messed coach.

If he doesnt know what to do with the 7 & 9 how the fuck are those players in those positions ment to know what the fuck they have to do on the field???

We are not a footy team, we are a circus who should be performing next door at the showground

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A circus is fun. This isn't fun lol.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Moses Mbye cops a one week suspension and Haslers hand has been forced to blood in a new 7 from reserve grade.

Frawley comes into the 7 the following week and along with Reynolds, they both have good games. (Broncos)

Mbye comes back into the team, and slots back into the 7 with Frawley onto the bench. 20 min into the game Frawley slots into the 7 and Mbye into the 9 and we do not see Lichaa for the remainder of the game. (Knights)

Once again, we see Frawley onto the bench and once again 20 minutes into the game Mbye goes to 9, Frawley to 7 and Lichaa is nowhere to be seen. (Rabbits)

Another same scenario against the Raiders though Lichaa stays on due to Reynolds pulling his hammy.

Last week against the Cowboys, Hasler puts Montoya onto the bench who has 0% utility value in him and we get pumped.

This week, Montoya drops off the bench for Garvey who comes on after 60 min to replace Lichaa.

It is quite evident Hasler does not have the slightest of clues what to do with the 7 & 9 and the proof is their for everyone to see that Hasler is one messed coach.

If he doesnt know what to do with the 7 & 9 how the fuck are those players in those positions ment to know what the fuck they have to do on the field???

We are not a footy team, we are a circus who should be performing next door at the showground
you became a circus, when you have a clown as a coach

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Does that make Raelene the ringmaster (watch someone whinge that that is offensive to her ).?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel like its pretty evident what Des is doing with 7 and 9...... literally all he can.

Mbye is a crap 7, but he is about as useful at 6 as evidenced by his and Frawley's time paired together.

Mbye is a better 9 than Lichaa (which isn't saying much), but he can't play there until Reynolds returns. That leaves Frawley being thrown in the deep end either way, but throw him there at 7 and kill his confidence, or throw him there at 6, name Mbye at 7 knowing his confidence is waaaaaay ahead of anything he delivers anyway, choice is reasonably clear right?

Its a shit show, but throwing Abbey in at the deep end was too. I expect in the short term, so far at least, Frawley will return to the bench when Reynolds returns and the testing of Frawley at 7, Reynolds at 6 and Mbye at 9 will start again to figure out how those two slot in around Foran next year.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does that make Raelene the ringmaster (watch someone whinge that that is offensive to her ).?
Mr I, that is offensive!

I have friends who are ringmasters and they did not appreciate that comparison at all.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well there's one thing Des is making sure happens.

And that is that our halves and hooker/ dummy half will never be selected in the same positions long enough to form combinations and get to know each other's style of play.

Except of course Mbye at 7. The masterstroke.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was watching the titans olay the other day. And they actually play an attractive brand of football. And even though they lost you could enjoy the game. They play very expensive with a deep line set every play and players in motion.

For the dogs the only players in motion are the ball runners. The rest of the team seem to suffer sleep paralysis. Our defensive line doesn't move and when 110kg players are running at you full pelt you can't stop them. Post contact Meyers must have been ridiculous yesterday. We can't wrap up the ball which allows offloads. One of the only time a player ran up in defence was Elliot's hit on JWH and the guy coughed it up.

Hasler is set on his ways and beliefs. He sends the players home with hours and hours of footage to watch. He has the set plays predetermined for the whole game.

But what his game plan lacks are players in motion, deep attacking lines which will allow players more time with the ball not 2meteres before getting crunched, the team lacks a general, lacks a kicker. The one time Frawley put a spiral bomb up Gordon got no where near it. If it wasn't for furgeson we score.

There is a reason 15 nrl teams play a certain way. Every team is entertaining to watch at times. The dogs are flat, fatigued and flimsy (couple more f words could have been used but my blood pressure is already up after that game :tearsofjoy:)

Hasler has made us a win loss team. We are a top 8 team at best. Unless we get an easy run we might miss the finals under him for the first time ever.

We lack any class in our team. The talent the guy has let go compared to what he has brought in is mind blowing. It's almost like trading out gold blocks for mud with a Belief mud will be more valuable master coach had made the most retarded decisions in history and I feel sad to compare him to the retard community as I don't want to offend that :p

Maybe I'm naive, maybe I'm an idiot, maybe I am insane. But I'm hoping with some new recruits in the team for 18 (we got another prop..... yaaaaay :expressionless:) I'm hoping maybe we will see something different for next season. Hopefully we play more deep to give our halves some time with the ball because playing from the ruck with no players in motion and the half getting it off a forward is the dumbest play in history. 10 seconds to go to half time in an attacking position we take hit ups...... are we looking to complete a set without dropping the ball?

It's time for a clean out but unfortunately we won't get it. And the clean out has to be Hasler, castles and dib. They have been the perennial underperformers in this club.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our team is dumb. The smartest players in our team are Jacko and the Morris bro's.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lichaa swapping after 60 yesterday wasn't why we lost. We were dominated in the middle for most of the game and then made silly mistakes at the back end that stopped us from taking the lead, frawleys drop and then elliots not long after were very costly. That not played at shit that cost us a set on their line was huge as well because we had a lot of momentum

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is a very simple answer to this thread and it's topic: Firstly there is no plan and the tactics are probably equal to an under nines team's tactics.

Hasler is clearly to blame because in spite of other teams regularly adapting to our "tactics" he refuses to either change or adapt. Therefore we are stuck in the same dumb game plan that he has programmed for the last four years.
We need a proper coach who can adapt the game plan to counter other team's strategies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For the love of rugby league, little guys who kick and control matches play at first receiver (#7), bigger guys who are runners of the football play outside of the first receiver at second receiver (#6).

Why does Des "no kappish"??!!!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

Game plan? Tactics? You must be mistaking the dogs for a legitimate footy side. I wanna know where all the people that said things have changed went?

Status
Not open for further replies.