Our front row next year is worrying.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve also been told that tpj won’t be here either if they can find a club to chip in a significant portion of his contract

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My 8 year old son has bigger balls and runs harder than that patolo coward
Absolute cream puff
Surrenders and drops like a turd in every tackle
F me he is shiettttttt
Makes Tolman look like Sam burgess

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
When Aaron Woods was with us he got penalised for not playing the ball properly. Has he been penalised once for that since he left us? Remember when we used to get penalised for kicking the ball away or not giving it to the opposition? That happened & happens all the time but nobody else ever got penalised for it.

You are right about Gillespie. He got sent off for a forearm on David Brooks (i.e. putting up his bumper bars) & got 4 weeks. When he went to Manly he did the dame thing & nothing. And when it happened to our players, also nothing.

All I want is consistency for everybody. And then everybody will be happier (nobody will be completely happy).
Yeah Woods never got penalised for those play the balls before coming to the Dogs. He joined Dogs, got the sh!t penalised out of him and when he left again - surprise, surprise, surprise - no more penalties.

As well as Cement's send off and suspension for the alleged forearm on Brooks which you referred to, it was the same thing on Paul Sironen. Both times it was that c**t Mick Stone who sent him off.

That c**t really hated the Dogs. He was the c**t who gave the Parrascum the penalty for an alleged high shot in the 1986 GF which ultimately gave them the 2 points they won by. The c**t also sent Sigsworth off in that GF to become one of the few, if not the only player ever sent off in a GF.

If you need any more evidence, the record for the quickest send off in rugby league history is held by Bulldogs Peter Kelly. 1986 at the SCG Kelly got sent off after 8 seconds. Guess who the referee was - that f**k Mick Stone. I was actually at that game and the 12 man Dogs side went on to smash the living sh!t out of Souths 26 points to 2 and the referee would have lost buckets of money on all the bets he placed on Souths.

How great is it to see there is a continuation of the bias and agendas against the Bulldogs some 36 years later.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
A highlight for me in recent weeks has been seeing docker clay taking one out hitups up the middle of the ruck. Our middles with the exception of Vaughan and King have been missing in action all year.
Yeah - I likewise have enjoyed it. Docker Clay is an absolute wrecking ball who strikes fear into the hearts of the opposition.

I actually made a similar post to you in another thread a few weeks back. The guy is rubbish and the ball seems to end up with him so often for the one out Des ball runs.

Complete waste of a tackle.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As always Chisdog - you're right on the mark.

Different rules for the Bulldogs.

Your comment made me think of many years ago Cement Gillespie copped a number of send offs. When he signed with Manly all that stopped even though he didn't do anything differently.

Fast forward to current times and we get penalties and calls against us that other teams don't get when they do the same thing.
I'll add another. The fine that TPJ got for an incident last week deemed Dangerous Contact compared to the elbow that Munster gave Walker the other night. I couldn't see anything the slightest bit dangerous in what TPJ did & yet Munster gets a naughty boy letter? They cannot say there are different rules for different players / teams. It's obvious & a joke!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah Woods never got penalised for those play the balls before coming to the Dogs. He joined Dogs, got the sh!t penalised out of him and when he left again - surprise, surprise, surprise - no more penalties.

As well as Cement's send off and suspension for the alleged forearm on Brooks which you referred to, it was the same thing on Paul Sironen. Both times it was that c**t Mick Stone who sent him off.

That c**t really hated the Dogs. He was the c**t who gave the Parrascum the penalty for an alleged high shot in the 1986 GF which ultimately gave them the 2 points they won by. The c**t also sent Sigsworth off in that GF to become one of the few, if not the only player ever sent off in a GF.

If you need any more evidence, the record for the quickest send off in rugby league history is held by Bulldogs Peter Kelly. 1986 at the SCG Kelly got sent off after 8 seconds. Guess who the referee was - that f**k Mick Stone. I was actually at that game and the 12 man Dogs side went on to smash the living sh!t out of Souths 26 points to 2 and the referee would have lost buckets of money on all the bets he placed on Souths.

How great is it to see there is a continuation of the bias and agendas against the Bulldogs some 36 years later.
No need to tell me about that 1986 GF, I was there & saw it. I thought David Boyd's tackle was a lot worse than Sigsworth in that match. The sad thing is that the refereeing back in the 80s was MUCH better than it is now. I am watching games from 1984 at the moment. We REALLY started to get hammered when Bill Harrigan came along & then his pet Shayne Hayne took over. It's been down hill from then on. I don't know what sparked Harrigan off. You'd think he would have had ore issues with Manly (Bob Fulton cement truck), Phil Gould (coach send off) & Mark Geyer (SOO send off for calling him a cheat). But no he picked on us!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The number 1 thing I would say to the players if I was Cameron Ciraldo at the first meeting with players is - you can do the hard work on the field or I will train you into the ground after the game. They will soon find out it's much better to perform on the field for 80 minutes than during the week at training. Maybe he will take them on an army camp style pre-season camp. As long as they don't do what the Adelaide Crows did a few years back with ramifications still occurring.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
No need to tell me about that 1986 GF, I was there & saw it. I thought David Boyd's tackle was a lot worse than Sigsworth in that match. The sad thing is that the refereeing back in the 80s was MUCH better than it is now. I am watching games from 1984 at the moment. We REALLY started to get hammered when Bill Harrigan came along & then his pet Shayne Hayne took over. It's been down hill from then on. I don't know what sparked Harrigan off. You'd think he would have had ore issues with Manly (Bob Fulton cement truck), Phil Gould (coach send off) & Mark Geyer (SOO send off for calling him a cheat). But no he picked on us!
Yes, I was at the 1986 GF as well. In the days before on-line stuff, me and this other guy I knew borrowed a couple of semi-comfortable chairs from our college library and went and sat outside the Ticketek office at the old entertainment centre all night - and I mean starting at about 7:00pm. It was fu**ing freezing too. But we got good tickets.

An interesting anecdote from that game was about this woman about 6 rows in front of us. She was a Parrascum supporter and absolutely bat sh!t crazy. These two Dogs supporters behind her were giving her a bit of a talking to when all of a sudden she turned around and started screaming "Ray Price is not a cheat" as they obviously had informed her he was. She launched herself across the seats at these guys and started bashing into them. She completely lost in. Anyway, the cops came and took her away and this was about 10 minutes before kickoff in the grand final. SHe just kept screaming "Ray Price is not a cheat!!" as the cops dragged her away. I hope she enjoyed the view of the inside of the paddy way or out on the street wherever the cops chucked her. Absolutely hilarious and I'm glad she made her point that Ray Price was not a cheat (and by the way, Ray Price was a dirty cheat) and misse seeing the grand final.

And Harrigan - don't even start me. Slaughtered us in so many games. More memorable ones (but for all the wrong reasons) were the 2003 prelim final against the Rorters - anytime we got down their end of the field he'd penalise it. Another was the Rocket's intercept in the 1998 GF - he would have scored and Harrigan later said he didn't actually see Silva offside but had a "gut feeling" he was. So better just to penalise the Bulldogs to be safe.

The best day ever when Harrigan retired.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
The number 1 thing I would say to the players if I was Cameron Ciraldo at the first meeting with players is - you can do the hard work on the field or I will train you into the ground after the game. They will soon find out it's much better to perform on the field for 80 minutes than during the week at training. Maybe he will take them on an army camp style pre-season camp. As long as they don't do what the Adelaide Crows did a few years back with ramifications still occurring.
Yes, fitness has been a big issue for our team for way too long. If we are have any success that has to change once Ciraldo arrives.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I'll add another. The fine that TPJ got for an incident last week deemed Dangerous Contact compared to the elbow that Munster gave Walker the other night. I couldn't see anything the slightest bit dangerous in what TPJ did & yet Munster gets a naughty boy letter? They cannot say there are different rules for different players / teams. It's obvious & a joke!
Absolutely - I agree.

The list of inconsistencies goes on and on doesn't it? And its never in the Dogs favour.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m just trying to think of experienced blokes that can help king out. It’s clear there’s none in our immediate reserves that are up to it. The club is going to have to think outside the box to get through next year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fafita cant last more than 15 mins, he is finished
And IS retiring because he is well done how well done? well they don't fuck around at the crematorium brother..
don't like Tamou either really Or Taupau or any other washed up *****.
Gus needs to find some other diamonds in the rough as he has his hands dirty in acquiring Sutton and letting Vaughan go.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully what happens and we have a decent off season trainer not that fat fraud with beard
Has to be given benefit of the doubt with Ciraldo coming in imo.What concerns me is his wife and new born bub 1000 clicks away in Brisbane surely this is getting sorted, them undertaking a move south??

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, I was at the 1986 GF as well. In the days before on-line stuff, me and this other guy I knew borrowed a couple of semi-comfortable chairs from our college library and went and sat outside the Ticketek office at the old entertainment centre all night - and I mean starting at about 7:00pm. It was fu**ing freezing too. But we got good tickets.

An interesting anecdote from that game was about this woman about 6 rows in front of us. She was a Parrascum supporter and absolutely bat sh!t crazy. These two Dogs supporters behind her were giving her a bit of a talking to when all of a sudden she turned around and started screaming "Ray Price is not a cheat" as they obviously had informed her he was. She launched herself across the seats at these guys and started bashing into them. She completely lost in. Anyway, the cops came and took her away and this was about 10 minutes before kickoff in the grand final. SHe just kept screaming "Ray Price is not a cheat!!" as the cops dragged her away. I hope she enjoyed the view of the inside of the paddy way or out on the street wherever the cops chucked her. Absolutely hilarious and I'm glad she made her point that Ray Price was not a cheat (and by the way, Ray Price was a dirty cheat) and misse seeing the grand final.

And Harrigan - don't even start me. Slaughtered us in so many games. More memorable ones (but for all the wrong reasons) were the 2003 prelim final against the Rorters - anytime we got down their end of the field he'd penalise it. Another was the Rocket's intercept in the 1998 GF - he would have scored and Harrigan later said he didn't actually see Silva offside but had a "gut feeling" he was. So better just to penalise the Bulldogs to be safe.

The best day ever when Harrigan retired.
That was funny with that lady. I also went to the 1987 GF & a bloke in front of us passed out mid-way though reserve grade, drunk. He awoke after the game was finished & he was as red as the Winfield Cup signage as the temperature that day was 30 degrees.

Ah the good old days.

Also Cronin & Price nearly missed the game in 1986. There was an accident & if it wasn't for a cop seeing them lined up in traffic, they wouldn't have made it.