Our Biggest Dud Signings in the Last 10 Years

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though he was a bargain basement signing, Clay Priest was an absolute shocker.

Game after game - same routine. Start on bench. Injected into play. Concede a dumb penalty or two. Make average metres. Meathead in every sense of the word
Wow now I understand who influenced Elliot to be a dumb footy player

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How Is drury low even in the convo. OP once again showing he doesn’t watch NRL. Foran had no impact? He was our best player
Exactly, surprised the NOT VALID comments didn't come out either, clear as day no idea

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raelene Castle!
A perfect example of employing someone for what is not between their legs as opposed to what is between their ears...!

Attachments

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Crapa, flamingo and Dora were even worse than Barney

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In selfishness . Foran and Napa . Just two duds who offered nothing , how they can be so greedy is beyond me .. I’d be embarrassed if I was Napa. No wonder roosters fans were stoked when he left!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran should be lower on this list on the basis that he actually wasn't a hack when he was on the field. This speaks volumes to how our recruitment was prior to this year. That signing would've rated as the worst at any other club but for us it definitely wasn't.

Napa was the absolute biggest fraud signing followed by T.Rex then Foran

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
  1. Allen (some how got picked for origin, for doing nothing..)
  2. Lowe (why?)
  3. Cotric (centre money and just a winger)
  4. Remis Smith ( Mundine connection..)
  5. Olive (who?)
  6. Mbye (The goat of smoke and mirrors talent)
  7. Flannagan (dad always said I was a champ)
  8. Woods ( Klemshits mate, nuff said)
  9. Lichaa (cost us 2 great rakes)
  10. Nappa (they say blondes are redheads with the fire fucked out of them, but he will never catch alight)
  11. Williams (250 pound muscled bitch with a pea heart)
  12. Stimson ( Bellamy knew best)
  13. Waddell ( back up coffee buyer when flange is busy)
  14. Foran C.( The greatest bank robber of alltime)
Coached By: Trent Clueless Barrett
Ceo: Raelene no more cheer girls Castle
Chairman: Deadheat Dib/Anderson

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the amount of dough paid, and if we are basing the argument of "value for money", they are;

Foran
Napa
Cotric
Dorothy

In regards to the order, i couldn't be bothered

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion - but many of these signings were established Rep players when they arrived, and all went downhill after the arrived. Why?

If someone came to you complaining about how all their relationships weren't working, you would think that they are probably the problem, not he dozen others who all apparently were no good.

Clubs like the Storm seem to make stars, we have seemed to wreck them. Sure, players have to step up and take individual responsibility, but we can't ignore how players are constantly going backwards in the dogs system over several seasons now, and it can't all just be bad recruitment.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
T-Rex. By far the worst purely for the fact that his problem wasn't his body, it was his mind. If he had the heart and desire he could have been anything.

Foran's body let him down while with us. From what I've read he was the upmost professional in preparing to get back onto the field and play. The way he left was ordinary but while he was actually on the field for us, he had a go. Not worth the money he was on but at least he showed up and tried not saying that is acceptable but he was offered the money by our board so not his fault his ability didn't match the dollars.

Napa is a combination of both of the above in the worst way. I think his body is ageing too rapidly, he doesn't suit the new style of game and couldn't keep up physically when on the field. He was over paid, tried when he was on but was ineffective and playing beyond his skill. Taking the wrestle out of the game really affected players like him as he isn't fit enough to play top grade IMO.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Buck stops with the management. As soon as Greenburg left things went down hill rapidly.

Dib & Rae & Lynne were a complete and utter disaster
Greenburg wasn’t that great.he made himself look good by signing Hasler.that was the start of our downfall and a signing I didn’t want. What looked glossy on the outside was rotting inside.
No junior development or any interest in it.
Poor cap management chasing a premiership.
When it didn’t happen look what happened.the cracks were appearing for me in 2015.we were sinking,old Board tried to patch things.then when it all unfolded it was too late.coach gone,board gone,salary cap mess exposed.
Let’s hope this new board learnt from the mess that unravelled when Hasler was signed and was free to sign who he wanted and discarded juniors like cook,finucane,tapau.
We have hit rock bottom I think rock bottom was this year as far as results go.
looking forward to this once great club being on top again. The club where players got there managers ringing wanting to play for the BULLDOGS!!