Opinion Our best 1-5 for 2019

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do you know he will block that side off? He isn’t the best defender at 2nd row and moving him out into the hardest place to defend is a fraught with danger. Does he have the speed, agility or decision making to defend there?
CHN is a first grade second rower. The main requirement of a second rower is to tackle.
CHN does that very well. He is competing against some good second rowers for a spot and is capable
of getting a run on spot in FG. as a second rower.
I dont buy your argument that he cant or doesnt tackle.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
CHN is a first grade second rower. The main requirement of a second rower is to tackle.
CHN does that very well. He is competing against some good second rowers for a spot and is capable
of getting a run on spot in FG. as a second rower.
I dont buy your argument that he cant or doesnt tackle.
CHN should be in the first grade side I’m not debating that just not at centre.
I’m not saying he can’t tackle but he does miss tackles and he can get beaten by pace in the games I have watched him in that will only be emphasised at centre. There’s a lot more to defending at centre the just tackling.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
centre = mixture of reading the play and brute force, with a greater emphasis on reading the play (agility is also crucial).
Second row = mixture of brute force and reading the play , with a greater emphasis on brute force (agility not so crucial).