Opinion Our best 1-5 for 2019

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Post your best 1-5. Isnit possible to have a backline without Floppa, Holland and Montoya?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. Smith

I think Holland showed enough in the second half of the season plus we need a kicker.

Don't want to see Montoya near the team but I have a suspicion he is one of Pays favourites so wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team come round 1.

Hopefully either Harper improves enough to take a spot later in the season or we sign a decent centre for 2020.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1) Meaney.
2) Crichton.
3) CHN.
4) Holland.
5) Smith.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. Smith

I think Holland showed enough in the second half of the season plus we need a kicker.

Don't want to see Montoya near the team but I have a suspicion he is one of Pays favourites so wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team come round 1.

Hopefully either Harper improves enough to take a spot later in the season or we sign a decent centre for 2020.
I think Pay will stick with Montoya too, maybe he has bulked and is super fit?
Still would like to see what the new guy can do.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. Montoya
4. Holland
5. Smith

This is what I think will be chosen for round 1.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too many unknowns to decide on our best 1-5
Meaney could be a star or a dud
Which means hoppa could be fullback or centre
Which means a Crichton or Montoya etc could be in or playing isp
Depends who stands up
Who would of thought before rd 1 last year that Lachlan Lewis would be our best half....no one....
Who would of thought smith grab that wing spot and make it his own and have a cracking half year no one....
Too many ifs and buts

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way crighton has come over from Penrith with getting first crack at first grade. Montoya needs to play some reserve grade to work on his game and confidence

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 Meaney/Hoppa
2 Crighton
3 Montoya
4 Holland
5 Smith

That's my 1-5

Not sure about Montoya but It's impossible to exclude Hoppa and Holland as they are almost certainties

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. Smith

Martin is our kicker 90% and holland is lucky to be at 70% but I agree he has gotten better at centre and we have no one else Montoya should just go drive formula one as his name sounds like a race car diver cause he is a useless footballer

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Holland, Hopoate and R Smith are locked in imo. The other 2 spots are up for grabs.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Martin is our kicker 90% and holland is lucky to be at 70% but I agree he has gotten better at centre and we have no one else Montoya should just go drive formula one as his name sounds like a race car diver cause he is a useless footballer
Agree 100% about Martin, but I'm not sure he'll be selected come round one.

Lucky for us we have alot of players fighting for spots in the forwards, wish we had some decent backs fighting for spots too.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way crighton has come over from Penrith with getting first crack at first grade. Montoya needs to play some reserve grade to work on his game and confidence
Crichton came over from Penrith having secured the wing spot over there. He wasn’t coming over to a struggling team to play in their reserve grade team. He’ll be there. Meaney will start in Reggie’s I believe (but could be wrong) and Cerrutos injury may have solidified this opinion. I genuinely believe it will be:

1. Hoppa
2. Crichton
3. Montoya
4. Holland
5. Smith

If Montoya doesn’t step up, after a few rounds it will be:

1. Hoppa
2. Okenbour
3. Crichton
4. Holland
5. Smith

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people put CHN at centre???? He USE to play there. His body has outgrown the position. May as well say "Jackson or Elliot to the centres"

He would get burnt everytime by any centre with a bit of class

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harper will cover injury.

1. Hopoate
2. Crighton
3. Montoya (will get picked by Pay)
4. Holland
5. Smith
Harper will only play if there is several injuries. Okenbour ( can’t wait - he will kill it) or Olive (unfortunately) will play before he does. He’s only played a dozen ISP games, still far too raw and a lot to learn. Remember he was only added to the team this week. Okenbour and Olive have been there from the start so clearly are greater regarded.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people put CHN at centre???? He USE to play there. His body has outgrown the position. May as well say "Jackson or Elliot to the centres"

He would get burnt everytime by any centre with a bit of class
I think its pretty obvious that we only have one real centre, and thats Holland.
We need someone there who will put in and tackle. We have had the Hopoate experiment at centre and it was abysmal.
We need a NRL hardened player there so that leaves out Harper, Olive etc.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney
Crighton
Holland (left centre)
Hoppa right centre
Smith
Lewis
Foran.

Expecting a few surprises in forwards to with positional changes

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney
Crighton
Holland (left centre)
Hoppa right centre
Smith
Lewis
Foran.

Expecting a few surprises in forwards to with positional changes
Not sure I’m expecting surprises in the forwards, what are you expecting?