Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All due respect, we played tigers and dragons
We scored a combined 10 points against the Knights & Raiders with Barrett as coach.

In the Dragons last 8 games only the Storm have scored more points against them.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We scored a combined 10 points against the Knights & Raiders with Barrett as coach.

In the Dragons last 8 games only the Storm have scored more points against them.
Not arguing Baz is rubbish, at all.

PS didn't know about the Storm fact.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the 10 games Barrett coached, which included 6 games against top 8 teams from last year, we averaged 22 points against.

In the 2 games since, against two of the lesser teams in the comp, we have averaged 35 points against.

So basically we are 13 points better in attack but also 13 points worse in defence, and yet to see how we go against one of the better teams under the current regime.
You know who we play next couple of rounds..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know who we play next couple of rounds..
Panthers will have half their team out next week and will still beat us
Plus we have a really short turn around for the game against the baby Pantsers. I hope we will beat them, but I can't see it happening. At best we may manage to sneak in 1 or 2 more wins this season like the win against the chooks, catch a team on their bad day and manage to combine a rare uptick in discipline and a rare uptick in defensive effort.

The game against the Eels is going to be painful. Most of my relos are eels fans.

The fact is that the rot is set and has been for a while, there is no one key ingredient that is going to fix it, it will take a combination of factors.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers will have half their team out next week and will still beat us
If they beat us I’ll prob hang my head in shame and shed a few tears. Will be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Small sample size and we have played Tigers and Dragons last 2 games ….

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's probably reflective of the fact that I stopped watching some weeks ago. Between working too much and just generally being over the way the refs treated us whenever we get a roll on. But going off scorelines since Barrett left his role, it seems like our attack is improving. Probably too slowly to make much of the season. But I'd honestly be happy if Potter can string a few wins together after having a month with the steering wheel.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the 10 games Barrett coached, which included 6 games against top 8 teams from last year, we averaged 22 points against.

In the 2 games since, against two of the lesser teams in the comp, we have averaged 35 points against.

So basically we are 13 points better in attack but also 13 points worse in defence, and yet to see how we go against one of the better teams under the current regime.
We suck… an embarrassment to the jersey. We need a genuine coach who Understands and can fix the problems. Also a genuine 7 and 1 .. it’s actually very simple .!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's good to see us score points but losing 6-4 or 34-24 is still losing.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just shows what a clown Barrett was.

People who said Bellamy can't turn this around.. Potter has made the attack better in less than two weeks in charge. Imagine what a top coach could do with a full pre-season with his own recruits.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just shows what a clown Barrett was.

People who said Bellamy can't turn this around.. Potter has made the attack better in less than two weeks in charge. Imagine what a top coach could do with a full pre-season with his own recruits.
SPOT ON and yes we only lost because we let in some soft tries at least now we are scoring points.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of our tries yesterday were great.
Potter should make Flanagan's assistant.

mandodogz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Potters only 2 games vs tigers and dragons compared to barrett vsing the tops teams. It's still shit
Mick Potter has only had 1 full week with players. Was changes to our attack , now as he said goal line defence just no where near good enough. Saints have won 5 of last 7 games.